Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Questing HQ
Awareness:Group Effort Quest (Update on message board/Pole!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it degrading to the symbol of Awareness if the Ribbon Ponies are aloud to be RPed?
Yes, the Ribbon Ponies should be UnRPable
41%
 41%  [ 21 ]
No, the Ribbon Ponies should be able to be RPed
58%
 58%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 51

Lita Rutherford

Undead Treat

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:18 pm
Definatly. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:38 am
If these are acquired, do you think they could be unbreedable/unroleplayable? I mean, if they are meant to be a symbol in spreading awareness, they shouldn't be more than sig pets anyway, right? I know that myself and others would be offended if these pets were acquired in a way that stated they were to spread awareness and then turned around and only roleplayed and bred. I think that's not spreading awareness at all. I think that makes it your typical cosplay. If morals are to be used in the acquiring of these pets, it would be nice if the pets stayed as symbols and nothing more. Otherwise, I really think Sirenz should come in and make a judgment call as a lot of people that might look at this as "Oh, what a charming and sweet idea," are going to turn around and become really offended if they see these pets roleplayed or bred, essentially being treated like a common pet.  

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

That One Halfling

Territorial Wolf

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:21 am
I love the idea but i can't get one of these beautiful pets due to my lack of gold (and online time)  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:12 am
I agree with the point pertaining to breeding aspects as i belive as well that it would degrade the meaning of the whole thing if they were used as baby machines or simply used to be bred.

However i do not agree on your point about RP. I belive the more RPs they got, the more Soquili they encountered in the Soquili universe, the more owners and people will see them as a result. I know a good number of Soquili owners do not hang around the main thread for a number of diffrent reasons, yet they RP their pets avidly. Those owners could not be reached by simply seeing the pet in somones sig as it is possible they might not ever see the pet. However, if the pets are able to be RPed then they have a higher chance at being seen. I can understand why it might been seen as degrading to the symbol but i have to say i see it as more throughly spreading the word.

It would, in my mind, be worse to just have them sit in a sig and almost disrespectful to the ribbon. I would compare a simple sig symbol to a RPed Ribbon Pony to someone who wears a ribbon of support and someone who actively goes out and speaks about the issues and such.

Of course if you belive it would wise to speak to Sirenz about it i would be more then happy to have her come in and be able to give her my points as well as your points and see what she thinks.

But to the point of Unbreedable, i wanted to make them offically unbreedable but i am not certain of how to go about deeming them unbreedable as i am not connected to the shop besides being an owner and seeing as i am simply trying to orginize this movement of sorts. if there is a way then i would love to know.

If possible, as well, Might i ask others opinions of the subject you have brought to attention? I don't wish to upset or offend anyone, as it is the last thing this is about.  

Lita Rutherford

Undead Treat

Chaifuzz

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:20 am
I think making them unbreedable would be fine, but definatly not un rpable. Rping would be a good way to get more people involved possibly, once they see the extent of the pets personalities. And it would be fun to have a huge group rp of all the ribbon usdia's, that just went on indefinatly.  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:26 am
Thank you for your opinion! Meeki's points have gotton me a bit worried that this will upset or offend people and so i do want to hear from everyone who is involved with this, as well as outsiders, on this issue. After all it is rather importent.  

Lita Rutherford

Undead Treat

Rev311

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:52 am
I think having them unbreedable is a good thing. As for the Rping, I think it is up to the specific owner of the Usdia. They should all have thier own specific personalities to be Rp'ed and it should be okay to Rp them as long as the owners do not try to press the issue that each one represents on other Soquili/Owners. If we look at how the shop is set up, the issues that these Usida will represent are a foriegn concept in the Soquili World and so the issues can't specifically be Rp'ed. If others want to know about the Usdia and what it represents they will ask, no one needs to just go off telling poeple and going off on a self-righteous rant through the Rp of the Usdia. That is what would be disrespectful.

Do you get what I am trying to say??  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:08 pm
That is true Skylar, i didn't think about that. I think it might be best though to try and come up with a definate yes or no so that we don't upset people in the group and so that it is unified. We don't want divisions in the group after all. But Yes, shoving awareness into peoples faces isn't nice and we don't want that, of course.  

Lita Rutherford

Undead Treat

pippi18848

Sparkly Genius

12,615 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:22 pm
These should not be breedable but owners I think should be allowed to rp them if they wish. They just can't force others to support the awareness. They also shouldn't be rped as actually 'having' whatever particular awareness they are supporting either. If it were to come up in rp as to how one got a particular piece of item they should have a random little story made up as to how they got it...not 'I'm supporting this cause!' 'cause as it was pointed out these awarenesses are foreign concepts to the soquili world.
And I make no sense at all. -running on 2 hours of sleep and can't process thoughts into words to well-  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:32 pm
That is about what i've been thinking pippi but you put it in better words then i can XD  

Lita Rutherford

Undead Treat

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:08 pm
Well, my only worry with the roleplay was certain aspects. Like if someone got the aids ribbon and roleplayed it as homosexual, it could be seen as an offensive stereotype. That's just one random example. Also, with a lot of people, roleplay tends to lead to relationships and then they may be more inclined to want to breed them. I am sure that the people going into this are doing so for the truly positive aspects though. I don't mean to come off as offensive and I'm sorry if I do.

I don't think a sig pet is disrespectful at all though. It's no different than the ribbon itself. One wears it with pride, and with a sig pet, it could be displayed with pride. But I can understand how people would want to roleplay them, it would just be impossible to prevent them from how they choose to roleplay it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:12 pm
Oh i understand entirly, and but sadly no matter what as much as we try to not offend or upset people i'm sure somone will get offended, i accually expected somone to send me an angry PM at some point going off on how this whole idea was offenseive and disrespectful. I'm glad no one has ^^;

However, I belive that the people who are participating in this will not be disrespectful by going with bad sterotypes being as all of them seem to know somone with the cause their ribbon represents and they themselves would find it disrespectful and rude to have a sterotyped pet.

And yes, its true that RP tends to lead to breeding, I've gone down that road more then once in other shops when an RP got to romantic and i didn't stop it in time, XD, however if the pets are classified as unbreedable and everyone understands not to romanticly involve their pets, then it shouldn't be an issue. But of course one would just have to trust the people RPing them.

In the end we just have to trust everyone not to do something blantently rude.

Oh, brain surge:
Ok so mabye this won't help at all but, Meeki, do you belive that if the Ribbon Pony group made up some rules about RPing that we could try and prevent some of the concerns that you have voiced? Because you have several valid points that i had not thought of before. Would some RP rules for the Ribbon Herd help you think? Or just be pointless?  

Lita Rutherford

Undead Treat

Elda-Kun

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:53 pm
I agree with making them unbreedable. That is fine, and respectful.

As for unrpable I have problems. . . .

1.) Rping them will help to spread their message(s).

2.) I highly doubt anyone who's life has been touched by any of the things these ponies represent will be willing to do/RP anything that would be considered in bad taste or disrespectful toward their cause.

3.) Just as the ribbons are worn with pride, the people who wear them do whatever they can to spread the word about their cause; however, should we allow this to danper an owners desire to spread the word through RP?

I don't have a big long argument, or anything, this is just what I think.
But whatever is decided is fine with me. X3  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:15 pm
I do think it would be a good idea to make then unbreedable, but not non-roleplayable. That would be one: not helping spread the awareness at all and two: be a little disrespectful to their owner.

Being able to let them roleplay would be able to spread it around through Soquili, and since a lot of people tend to change their signatures a lot...it'd a little pointless to just have then be "signature only" pets.

That's just my two cents.

EDIT: And I, for one, if these become unroleplayable...well, I'll be pulling myself out and continuing my quest for Susan on my own outside of this because I would want to be able to roleplay her and being told that I can't...well...I wouldn't and couldn't accept that belly up regardless.  

Lord Mintyluff

Vanity Gardens Events

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:31 am
I think they'd be fine being RPed and Bred. (not over bred i hope) This probably sounds a little bad but through breeding, wouldn't you also see it as 'awareness through the generations' the awareness foals would on their own symbolize that we need the new generations to know that these things are happening, and that something must be done to help, even if knowing about it is enough.

I'm happy either way, breedable or not Rp able or not. I'm happy to just be letting this be known. (I have a few friends with the ribbon community and can probably get a special link to us. I'd have to ask soquili too i think if its ok for the non gaia public to learn awareness through soquili :3

Questing HQ

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff