Submit

Darkweaver66

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:03 am
MASS UPDATE:
i have uploaded most of the photos, just need to take fresh photos of the Invix now. but my templars and sallies have been uploaded blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:30 pm

Ooooh. I like your Proxy Speeder quite a lot. Was that a Dreadnought torso that you used?

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Darkweaver66

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:02 am
Caleidah

Ooooh. I like your Proxy Speeder quite a lot. Was that a Dreadnought torso that you used?

thanks! it is plasticard, but i WAS trying to make a dreadnought, then found i had done wrong measurements, so the vairous panels and bits have been incorparated into other stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:24 am
UPDATE:
i have added photos of my Salli Army Commander, this is also my 1st time doing lava and my 2nd doing light effects (my templar pedator was the 1st)
the Salli Commander took ages! highlighting each scale on the cloak was hell! i also sculpted he shoulderpad symbol. also, the weapon is made of 6 different parts, a thunder hammer handle, a chaos meltagun, a chaos lascannon barrel dragon thingy, a kroot rifle barrel (for the handle), an old space marine force axe for the bottom of the handle, and a blade made of plasticard. i am really pleased with the results though!  

Darkweaver66

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Darkweaver66

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:09 am
just realised the date on the title was 20/5... it should be 13/7 (when i last updated, not today) so i have changed that, maybe thats why few people have posted recently  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:28 am
Gotta say i love the Salamanders commander conversion. DO to the fact i really dislike Meltas (don't ask why I just do) I'm always looking for good ways to use their bits in conversions and thats one of my favorite so far. I assume you used green stuff to make the 'reptile skin' effect on the cloak.

All in all I Really like it and the Lava effect looks REALLY good.  

Vid13

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:07 am

I'm very impressed with how the Commander's weapon turned out. Looking at your list of bits that you used I couldn't really picture it but the end result is incredible.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:10 am
@-vid13: yes, it is Green Stuff

@-Caleidah: thanks! it is my fav model out of my 5 years of converting, and i was suprised myself by how well the weapon came out.

also, i am going to upload new photos of him from below, as there are none which properly show how the lava creates light against his armour  

Darkweaver66

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Darkweaver66

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:33 am
ok, i have added the new photo of the armour from below so you can see how the lava creates light over it

::EDIT:: it is photo #7 on the Salli commander images  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:55 pm

'Tis verra nice. I like the effect, though the only place that I could really see it (due to the flash, most likely) was on the codpiece of his armor.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Darkweaver66

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:09 am
just on the pelvis? it is underneath the helmet, the weapon, the breastplate and details and the ankles. if it is done so that people confuse it with camera flash, then i'm impressed, it isn't THAT good!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:40 am
::UPDATE::
-added my Rogue Trader model to the list, this will be part of "Codex:Mercenaries" that im writing. if you guys have any conversions, rules, ideas etc, feel free to send them to me or post them here (my thread for such stuff)  

Darkweaver66

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:17 am

I definitely like the sculpted hair and the converted weapon on his back. I'll slide you some stuff for the Codex: Mercenaries later on.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:29 pm
Caleidah

I definitely like the sculpted hair and the converted weapon on his back. I'll slide you some stuff for the Codex: Mercenaries later on.

that would be great thanks! i have a thread in the 40k subforum for it (no wait... you were the one who moved it, so of course you know that!)  

Darkweaver66

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Darkweaver66

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:19 am
added the photos of the Painted Rogue Trader.

jesus, so much brown! gonk  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces