Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Some Gaians 'Yaoi' Love ^_^ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vote for gold!!
  YAY!
View Results

User_2629207

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:18 pm
Skizzors
D: The art in those is HORRIBLE. It's better just to get a general anatomy book than a "how to manga!" thing..
Rulin' ya universes...

I actually found a really good one though. Not the DMP one, it was another one, I don't remember the company though ^^;;
EDIT: thiiiis one biggrin
@Kitsune-chi: HAVE ME NOW. eek heart heart
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:23 pm
Miss Sushii
Skizzors
D: The art in those is HORRIBLE. It's better just to get a general anatomy book than a "how to manga!" thing..
Rulin' ya universes...

I actually found a really good one though. Not the DMP one, it was another one, I don't remember the company though ^^;;
...since 1992.
*giggleblush* Hee. biggrin I take it that's a good reply!

On another note, though, I generally agree with Skizzors. I've never found a "How to Draw Manga!" book that I REALLY liked; I didn't even know that they MADE "How to Draw Yaoi" books. O_O But who knows, there might be some good ones out there. I just, uh, haven't found it yet XD  

Kitsune-chi

User_2629207

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:31 pm
Kitsune-chi
Miss Sushii
Skizzors
Rulin' ya universes...

...since 1992.

On another note, though, I generally agree with Skizzors. I've never found a "How to Draw Manga!" book that I REALLY liked; I didn't even know that they MADE "How to Draw Yaoi" books. O_O But who knows, there might be some good ones out there. I just, uh, haven't found it yet XD
Rulin' ya universes...

As far as I know, there are two... they're more directed towards drawing the characters, and not so much poses etc. I want both so I might learn how to draw men ;_;
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:39 pm
Miss Sushii
Kitsune-chi
Miss Sushii
Skizzors
Rulin' ya universes...

...since 1992.

Rulin' ya universes...

As far as I know, there are two... they're more directed towards drawing the characters, and not so much poses etc. I want both so I might learn how to draw men ;_;
...since 1992.
If that's the case, then I definitely would recommend just getting a regular anatomy book. I have one that I really like here: http://www.amazon.com/Drawing-Human-Anatomy-Giovanni-Civardi/dp/0289800897/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211254604&sr=1-6

It's not very explainatory textually, but it does give very detailed shots of skeletal and muscle structure with close-ups certain parts of the body, and demonstrates the effects of the muscles and skeletal system given certain poses. It's even got a few pages on drawing hands and feet in different poses, which I found extremely useful.  

Kitsune-chi

User_2629207

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:48 pm
Kitsune-chi
with close-ups certain parts of the body
Rulin' ya universes...

... *snort* heart xd
I'm sorry.
It looks really good :3 And yay! Look Inside function *squee*
I'm probably ending up on a book splurge next month... xD There's so much I want to buy D;
y'know though, it'd be pretty rad to see the Gaia storylines printed and sold in little tankoubons heart (on a random note)
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:22 pm
XD so if we did yaoi manga we won't get sued or kicked out of gaia for characters rights violation?

P.S: everyone with a little magic hand could draw yaoi. lol  

Michei

User_2629207

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:17 am
Michei
XD so if we did yaoi manga we won't get sued or kicked out of gaia for characters rights violation?

P.S: everyone with a little magic hand could draw yaoi. lol
Rulin' ya universes...

I mean the actual, official storylines :3
Doujinshi would be nice though x3 heart
EDIT: Kitsune-chi, would it be okay to ask you to post your art in the Slash Challenge?? I'm sure it will be very popular <3
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:55 am
Wonderful artsies, Kitsune-chi! biggrin I would add to this collection were I not doing this huge-a** rumble on dA.  

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

Kitsune-chi

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:21 pm
@ Miss Sushii: Aw, why not! Sure, I'll post it there. :3

@ SilverMaple: Thank you~ <3  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:03 pm
IanXLiam is the only pairing for me!! I don't care how much of a womanizer Liam is...Ian is delicious and so is Liam...so I stick to it.  

xxIrrelevant Obsessionxx

Kitsune-chi

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:21 pm
...Miss Sushii, I ended up buying that How To Draw Yaoi book.

I was at Borders and kinda browsing, not really intending to buy anything, and I saw the How To Draw section. It was not only the only copy of How To Draw Yaoi, it was the ONLY COPY OF THAT SERIES THERE XD I saw the spine and thought, "No way, it can't be that same book" and it was!

It's fairly useful. Mostly it seems to be a tutorial on muscles, poses, hands, feet, etc, but it did have some useful tips on kissing. SO.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:40 pm
cool! and your art is wonderful mrgreen

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
^ fatal attempts editing an Ian out of this (I couldn't do the suit*sweatdrop*) but it's a start on creating a new generation xD  

Michei

Jinna-chan

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:36 am
Kitsune that pic is cute, Devin with horns now looks less sore then before lol
I think we should start writing fics now *complete fangirl madness* blaugh

this just in!! (i like to say that line razz ):
I've just posted a little fic in 'The Play House' section, give it a look. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:10 am
User Image

Screw the NPC's ladies...there are actual gaian boys in love on this sight.

^+^
User Image

SardonicSteve

Yami-Ranpu

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:13 pm
@Kitsune-chi: That picture made me giggle, It was SO cute^^.

On another note Liam and Gino's friendship rocks^^. So very amusing.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff