Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Are all gay men "hot"? O.o Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess Moonbutt

5,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:10 am
not all gay men are hot...just look at my pic in my siggy...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:34 am
- -
- -

..That's stupid, of course not. ._.; Orientation doesn't determine your level of attractiveness. I've known about four gay guys, and I wouldn't consider any of them that good-looking. :/ Two of them were rude and two-faced to me, as well.

- -
- -

Guttergoo

Fashionable Gawker

8,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Dressed Up 200

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:13 pm
Attractiveness is subjective. neutral
There are good-looking people and not-so-good-looking people in every generalized group of people you can think of. Same with gay guys. Except most of the ones in anime are crush-worthy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:23 pm
User ImageMost of all the gay men I see are pretty hot.  

Truselo

4,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100

Faagmer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:19 pm

Well, I read threw the whole thread and it seems to me that the opinions are pretty much the same. Mine's slightly different though. I believe that, yes, gay men have a tendency to take better care of themselves, making them generally more attractive (some people just fail) and I believe that the reason we try to take better care of ourselves is because of stereotypes. I mean gay guys are seen as clean, stylish, fit people, which means some, if not most gays, will look for the good looking, clean, stylish, fit guy since they're attractive and easier to spot, which, by consequence, pushes other gays to do their best to "be the best gay they can be" by taking care of their appearance and trying to look like the stereotypical gay. Then there's also the factor of taste. Some people find hair hot, I myself find it utterly repulsive. Same goes for muscle, some people like guys that are built, some people like them fat and some prefer just fit. Some people are repulsed by effeminate guys and others find it really hot. I myself like a bit of a geeky look, which some people find ugly. To all their own.

((w00t! First post in the guild xP))

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:39 pm
I can say from personal experience that there are alot of unattractive gay men out there. I have seen some good looking ones, but I have seen some ugly ones too. But then again, alot of the gay men I have seen are too old for me anyway. They aren't all fashioble either. Actually, I think that I am one of if not the best dressed gay man that I know. But I have a rather narrow range of guys I would consider to be attractive anyway.  

Emperor Zaige

RadkeJr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:02 pm
I know plenty of unattractive gay men. I guess the common notion that all gay men are hot come from the stereotype that we all are metrosexual and spent hours on our look. I know for a fact that i'm no metrosexual, i'm too lazy xd But i do get mine...If you know what i mean sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:50 pm
Rickneil

Well, I read threw the whole thread and it seems to me that the opinions are pretty much the same. Mine's slightly different though. I believe that, yes, gay men have a tendency to take better care of themselves, making them generally more attractive (some people just fail) and I believe that the reason we try to take better care of ourselves is because of stereotypes. I mean gay guys are seen as clean, stylish, fit people, which means some, if not most gays, will look for the good looking, clean, stylish, fit guy since they're attractive and easier to spot, which, by consequence, pushes other gays to do their best to "be the best gay they can be" by taking care of their appearance and trying to look like the stereotypical gay. Then there's also the factor of taste. Some people find hair hot, I myself find it utterly repulsive. Same goes for muscle, some people like guys that are built, some people like them fat and some prefer just fit. Some people are repulsed by effeminate guys and others find it really hot. I myself like a bit of a geeky look, which some people find ugly. To all their own.

((w00t! First post in the guild xP))

Thus the several sub-classes of homosexuality, like Bears, twinks, gym bunnies, etc.  

AHKyle

DulcisLetalis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:39 pm
In shot: I wish.
That is a huge misconception. I know plenty of bountifully sexy men whom are so straight, looking at them if off limits for me(I do it anyways) and plenty of gay guys that are...not as..endowed by the gods.
If being hot and being gay had anything to do with each other, I'd never be lonely again.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:04 am
I think what you should be asking: Are all hot men gay?

but in both ways, sexuality doesn't have anything in charms.

yeah I learned it the hard way *sigh*  

Lady Osaka

Asadachi

Devout Worshipper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:05 am
Well, All hot men may be gay, but not all gay men are hot. Apparently you have never seen a leather daddy or a bear. "shivers" These are the more butch type of gay males and generally freak me out. razz  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:56 am
i guess it would depend on what you consider hot so i'm going with i'll have to see them before i say hot or not  

protecterofelements

Haymuff

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:14 pm
true *nod*  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:36 am
Well, actually, I will tell you something, being a "cute gay man" myself.

(Or so I'm told.)

...that all gay men, are in fact NOT physically attractive.

I have a lot of gay friends, and yes, most of them are pretty ******** hot.

But some of them need a little work....

I'm sorry to say it but it is true.

Some of us just aren't as lucky as others. =/

BUT THANK GOD FOR YAOI scream  

Soru-kun

KiwiShaver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:05 pm
Gay men usually take better care of themselves so it seems that they're all hot. This is not the case since I know one gay guy who usually isn't...well...considered attractive. However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, always remember that.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff