Goths In Different countries. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Naztakuan

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:55 am
Dark PacMan
well where i am from is in Canada, the best place ever, i heard goths in Vritish Columbia are the most beautiful things u ever seen, but i live in Alberta, and my dad is the best lookin goth i say, for a deaf one, LOL, im deaf as well, anyways, to the point, i live in a small town so its hard to say how they are, its hard for me to be goth, i have no black pants, so ya, i say there acutaly not that bad, there is actualy one collefe somewhere here where they can get into, but it would be a little hard in the crowd, we use to have goth kids at the school, until they where told to go some other school because they thought they where dealing drugs or s**t, but then again, these where they most cutest things u ever seen as well, they where also really into magic, not satan and s**t like that, like how to change ur eye color, it actualy worked, they werent no contacts, anyways, ya goths here are really not the bad

You're deaf? That's so adorable. I always wondered if there were any deaf goths. have you been deaf forever or is it something you've developed over time? I'm not deaf but I live near Galluedette so I see them take the train alot.  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:17 am
This Thread is dying. But thanks for the responses.  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:54 pm
This thread is officially dead. emo  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:29 pm
User Image
When you walk away
You don't hear me say please
Oh baby, don't go

I've been dressing "different" (I can't say I follow one particular style fully) for years now.

Just yesterday I wore my tripp shorts, a chain with this cross Cross
and black and white checkered socks pretty high up too.

No one really cares how you dress here. Heck theres a mall nearby where you will see about 20 or more goth/emo/whatever kids.

I'm from MA btw.

User Image
Simple and clean is the way
that you're making me feel tonight
It's hard to let it go

vampyrebats

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Gaylord Mule 3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:05 pm
Undead Goth Inc
well where i am from is in Canada, the best place ever, i heard goths in Vritish Columbia are the most beautiful things u ever seen, but i live in Alberta, and my dad is the best lookin goth i say, for a deaf one, LOL, im deaf as well, anyways, to the point, i live in a small town so its hard to say how they are, its hard for me to be goth, i have no black pants, so ya, i say there acutaly not that bad, there is actualy one collefe somewhere here where they can get into, but it would be a little hard in the crowd, we use to have goth kids at the school, until they where told to go some other school because they thought they where dealing drugs or s**t, but then again, these where they most cutest things u ever seen as well, they where also really into magic, not satan and s**t like that, like how to change ur eye color, it actualy worked, they werent no contacts, anyways, ya goths here are really not the bad

I dunno, we're pretty hot over here in Nova Scotia too EAST COAST PRIDE!!! Canadian and goth isn't so bad provided the town isn't small i've lived in small towns and a good sized city, it's definitely easier in the city where people usually don't care too much. the country was hard though. i had rocks thrown at me and people spraypainted ******** you f*****t on my house. that wasn't fun.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:30 am
Lazarus The Resurected

I dunno, we're pretty hot over here in Nova Scotia too EAST COAST PRIDE!!! Canadian and goth isn't so bad provided the town isn't small i've lived in small towns and a good sized city, it's definitely easier in the city where people usually don't care too much. the country was hard though. i had rocks thrown at me and people spraypainted ******** you f*****t on my house. that wasn't fun.

That last part is awful, looks like vandalizing to me. :S  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

los1 soul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:00 am
spooky_sez
Australia doesn't care how you dress.

In Melbourne, my city, there are Goths-a-plenty. You're hardly a minority if you're in the city.
Everyone is used to it so no-one cares. It's great!

hey i wish it was like that were i live (wa ) here in rockingham there are like 3 goths and 50 billion emos its so annoying becase pepole all ways call u emo  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:17 am
in england we wear a uniform in school up until the age of 16 but there are goths in the college attatched to my school and they seem accepted enough. in towns and villiages it draws too much attention but in the city its fine  

divine_retrobution

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:13 am
los1 soul
spooky_sez
Australia doesn't care how you dress.

In Melbourne, my city, there are Goths-a-plenty. You're hardly a minority if you're in the city.
Everyone is used to it so no-one cares. It's great!

hey i wish it was like that were i live (wa ) here in rockingham there are like 3 goths and 50 billion emos its so annoying becase pepole all ways call u emo

That sucks. Come over to my city, man!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:47 am
I thought I had posted here before,but, I guess not.

What is there to say about being Goth in Philly.
Most actual Goths are adults,but, we do have a rather small but strong scene.
http://community.livejournal.com/philly_goth/

In the most part, the majority is negative reactions. Ranging from stares to odd questions. Before the reconstruction of the park at 2nd & Jackson (The old hangout for the "normal" kids.), if I had to walk by, 90% of the time it was inevitable to have stuff thrown at me and my friends, as well as many rude & hurtful comments. None of us were really outlandish, either. They still say stuff to me on the street,but, they're nothing to me. I actually also get many compliments among the negatives,though.  

MediaclCunt

born on the bayou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:30 pm
In my small, ignorant little town in the US of A, you are grouped like this:

A person wears black
A person wears black -> cuts -> classed as emo
Person wears black -> doesn't cut -> classed as goth

That's it.
neutral neutral neutral

I belong in Europe.
The only time I see goths (which is very rare) is in the city.
Everywhere else they're like, scene or skater or emo style or whatever.
Mallgoths don't count.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:06 am
It sounds like Goths aren't really looked well at in many places, that's such a shame.  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:41 pm
Vampyr Heartagram
It sounds like Goths aren't really looked well at in many places, that's such a shame.

I think Columbine (next to fishnet and wearing black bit) had somehting to do with our dislike over here (US) but has something like that happened in other countries to make society more...standoff-ish at us? Or maybe it's an Int. thing to not trust those people in black listening to that dark music... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:52 pm
Wow, lots of different things everywhere.

Here in Cali things aren't too bad, at least where I live. My mother is against the stereotype of goth because my father could be considered one who fell into that category. Sadly I will have to admit to being one of the "mall goth" types, but you know, I don't think its because I am trying to be poser. I enjoy the goth culture completely, and if I happen to dress in regular apparel (say jeans and a nicer, more sophisticated green top) people don't think of me as one (except for my friends, that is.) In general I try to expand my dress code or what not, wearing corsets, thrift store clothes, layering skirts to make them more comfier and puffier, and as well as dressing myself in the mall-goth style.

In the end, its not that I want to be labeled as goth and be recognized as one when I look like the "definition" of goth. I find how I dress and how I am to be comfortable. I am sure other goths or whatnot would disagree with how I like to dress myself, but I don't really care or mind because in the end it matters how comfortable I feel.

As many have noted, American society varies in its opinion when it comes to the darker presence of goths. My school's social structure typically groups us with the emos and more "dark of heart", and its uncommon to see someone like me sit in an AP class (now that I think about it, I may be the only one) amongst the rest of the more "mainstream" kids.

As for my boyfriend, apparently he likes the mysterious appeal I seem to be giving off. sweatdrop

In the end though before I drive you all crazy I never really care about how others see me. In the workplace I am capable to bend within their standards and dress more formally. I can do that. However, if people are afraid of me because of my gothic attire and musical tastes, I pity them because they are missing out on conversing with some of the most interesting people you can ever come across in your lifetime.  

Ara Llynn

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:35 pm
Ara Dertah Dainte

As for my boyfriend, apparently he likes the mysterious appeal I seem to be giving off. sweatdrop

The only mystery around me is whether or not I'm involved in illegal dealings, am a man or a woman, and sacrifice rabbits in my yard. confused  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff