Reply The Music Artists Guild
How much do you practice? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Helena Rose-Thorne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:42 pm
I song for hours every day. I play the guitar anywhere between one and three hours every day, sometimes more.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:05 am
it really depends what i'm working on. if i don't have that much, i e=won't practice as often. if i have a performance of concert, i'll practice nonstop.  

cindylouwho101

Atlus117

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:00 pm
I usually practice about 4 to 5 hours a day. Then after that i spend the rest of the day with my band and were usually just messing around recording. Lol. I've gotten some good calluses on my fingers from it to. Lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:09 am
i play drums for my band. we practice at least twice week but i practice on weekdays for about two hours after i wake up.  

Balistat Sylar

Lennon The Hippie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:32 pm
If I'm in a good mood I'll practice about 1-5 hours every day. If I'm not feeling up to it I do a bare minimum of 30 minutes.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:47 pm
Outside of rehearsals (about 15 hrs a week), I probably practice maybe five hours a week, depending on the difficulty of my music. But I'm the kind of person who will spend two hours working on a new piece right after I get it, because I'm psyched about new music.  

Sionja

Gracious Genius

musiknerd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:28 am
I'm currently studying music in college (music ed/voice). I have not practiced much at all, and haven't touched a piano in over 2 weeks. Since this school doesn't have instruments other than piano, harpsichord, handbells, and organ (along with some period instruments), I haven't practiced the violin at all really. My calluses are gone.

I SHOULD practice voice at least 60 min a day. I wanted to audition for piano primary at the end of the semester, which would entail 1 1/2 hrs of practicing a day. Since I haven't touched a piano in a while, i'd probably need at least 3 hrs a day to have a chance.

My piano rep is pathetically easy and boring. My teachers back home didn't give me ANY good pieces. I'm playing Bach "Invention No. 6" (E Major), Mozart "Sonata in G" (way too popular), and the Debussy Prelude "Footprints in the Snow" (it puts me to sleep even more than the Bach). Still, I will learn to enjoy playing them, or I will have no chance of passing my audition.

Vocal rep is standard English and Italian songs. I'm not singing anything spectacular yet. I'm currently a mezzo, and most of my songs are sung by men. If I continue in opera, I'll probably be in pants roles my entire career...  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:23 pm
As I am a high school musician with no life and I'm not working on a play or musical at the moment, I practice at least three hours everyday. Though now that I have an MP3 player, It'll probably extend to twice that. (Because now I can record warm ups and songs and what not since I don't have a piano at home)  

SunniEGertz

HyperDashSC2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:15 pm
I practice at least 30 minutes daily, but there's only so much you can do when you play, say, marimba or timpani or whatever. You can't take it home. sweatdrop I play out the notes on my keyboard for that. Other stuff like drum set is no problem and I usually end up practicing that! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:20 pm
every day. sometimes i can only squeeze in 10 minutes, sometimes i spend all day playing and writing. i just make sure to pick up my guitar and sing every day without fail, to keep up momentum.  

smarteepants

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:18 pm
*sigh* not enough, between school, extra-curricular activies, and things like errands/eating/sleeping, I don't have enough time...and I tend to waste time as it is anyway. Definitely trying to get on a schedule.
Schedule's are crucial to success, in my opnion.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:57 am
I try to practice at least an hour everyday.
Sunday= Voice
Monday=Acoustic Guitar
Tuesday=Drums
Wednesday=Bass
Thursday=Electric Guitar
Friday=Piano
Saturday=Flute  

xxkakenutsxx

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:22 am
i practice when ever i can so that im perfect but sometimes its a bad thing coz when i sing alot i can injure my voice so it really depends  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:15 pm
At least 30 minutes every day, sometimes more depending on how I feel.  

Mindless Exploits

The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces