Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:38 pm
XWraith_LordX
Sinister Kung Fu
DioRte
Well that's psychology, if you think it's ******** stupid, don't even bother talking about it. That IS what it is, regardless of what you think. Learn what a drive actually is before you argue about it.

Don't talk down to me little boy. rolleyes
In this situation I think he has a right to correct you and to try and make you understand, he can do what he wants. And I think YOUR post here is just some pathetic reply because you having nothing to argue back besides an opinion (against fact.)

I find it remarkable just how much activity this topic has seen because of me, even when i stopped posting. I would be happy if the posts were not so pathetic.

At the point in which someone stops responding to your points and resorts to trolling, do not continue to respond to that person. Point out their failure to respond effectively, as well as their trolling and move on.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:06 pm
Well you can't honestly expect all that much to come from something as simple as trying to tell someone the definition of a drive, or something like a cliche statement of food and sex being the two strongest drives in humans. I wouldn't say sex is in the top two at all, considering it doesn't even come into play for about a dozen+ years, whereas hunger, sleep, and thirst are all apparent immediately after being born. We're animals, period, there's no arguement about that, regardless of what philosophical stand you want to take on this. We eat, sleep, drink, want to ********, s**t, piss, and die, like every other animal [except asexual ones, in which case you just replace " want to ********" with "clone"].  

DioRte

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:13 pm
The only thing that we hav in our "cores" r instincts that link us to the natural way a human being thinks like animals..... otherwise, there's no true understanding; we were deprived from apes ya know talk2hand  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:35 pm
DioRte
We're animals, period.

Exactly.

What we are.  

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

DioRte

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 pm
^Yup, that pretty much sums it all up.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:35 pm
the way i see it, is we're mammals, right?
mammals are animals.
yes, we're animals. but we (usually) have a pretty high IQ because our brains are more advanced than most animals.
just because we're intelligent doesn't mean we're not animals. yes, we've created our society. but we evolved from monkeys, so we leave it at, we evolved from animals therefore we are animals. i mean, you've never seen a fish evolve from a tree, right?.

mechanical kitsy

DioRte

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:15 am
We've got everything that every other mammal has in common as well. If we weren't animals, why need so many organs? Why have useless organs, if they're not leftovers of evolution? Also interesting, we've got more hair follicles than a chimpanzee does. We've got chromosomes, we're eukaryotic, we reproduce sexually, the only difference is our brains. I don't understand why anyone can't grasp this =/  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:28 am
-Resurrected Writer-
In many ways, humans are. It's not like we came from the dirt; it's not like we can't die; it's not like we function without skeletal structure and vital organs; it's not like we never give in to instincts.

But it could be argued that humans bear fewer qualities to animals, as we (in terms of human achievements throughout history) possess creative thought and insight, and therefore were probably crafted with a purpose by a higher power.

Si. 3nodding  

AdrianaKitten

sublime_necromancer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:24 pm
So this is how I see things...at our core, we are all savages not content with anything that is not somewhat how we would like it...not we as communities, we as every individual on the face of mother earth. We do what we must to survive, in a way, we are hybrids because we have the ability to reason with what's right and wrong (well, a small handful of us anyways), though most of society chooses to "kill or be killed"...speaking figuratively. I don't care who you are...in some way, you WILL defend what you feel is dear to you at any cost...that is the savage animal inside us all.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:23 am
You know what Agent Smith said, "I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure."  

vincejustvince

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:41 pm
AdrianaKitten
-Resurrected Writer-
In many ways, humans are. It's not like we came from the dirt; it's not like we can't die; it's not like we function without skeletal structure and vital organs; it's not like we never give in to instincts.

But it could be argued that humans bear fewer qualities to animals, as we (in terms of human achievements throughout history) possess creative thought and insight, and therefore were probably crafted with a purpose by a higher power.

Si. 3nodding

Then again, in the time that it's been since I've made that post, I probably no longer adhere to anything from "and therefore" onwards.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:13 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
AdrianaKitten
-Resurrected Writer-

Si. 3nodding

Then again, in the time that it's been since I've made that post, I probably no longer adhere to anything from "and therefore" onwards.
Losing faith eh?  

Henneth Annun
Captain

sublime_necromancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:18 am
Sir Vincent
You know what Agent Smith said, "Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague"
So, sooo true! *applauds* That makes a lot of sense...just hear me out for a sec...

Viruses destroy valuable properties in an area when it doesn't agree with them...WE DO THAT!

Viruses multiply at alarming rates...WE DO THAT!

Viruses come in many forms...WE DO TOO!

Viruses can be treated, but not killed (most of them anyways)...Religion tries to "treat = convert" but thankfully some of us are too damn independent and smart to let them!

WE'RE ALL VIRUSES! And I say...COULDN"T HAVE BEEN ANYMORE BETTER OFF!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:27 pm
sublime_necromancer
Sir Vincent
You know what Agent Smith said, "Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague"
So, sooo true! *applauds* That makes a lot of sense...just hear me out for a sec...

Viruses destroy valuable properties in an area when it doesn't agree with them...WE DO THAT!

Viruses multiply at alarming rates...WE DO THAT!

Viruses come in many forms...WE DO TOO!

Viruses can be treated, but not killed (most of them anyways)...Religion tries to "treat = convert" but thankfully some of us are too damn independent and smart to let them!

WE'RE ALL VIRUSES! And I say...COULDN"T HAVE BEEN ANYMORE BETTER OFF!

This is silly. Agent Smith misrepresented mammals in that speech. He says, "Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not." Mammals do not do this. Mammals reach an "equilibrium," if it can even be called that, because they have to. They simply lack the ability to spread beyond it. If they could, they would. In this sense, humans are the same as mammals.

Humans have sentience. Biologically humans are animals, but there is an obvious difference between humans and the rest.  

zz1000zz
Crew

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:45 pm
XWraith_LordX
-Resurrected Writer-
AdrianaKitten
-Resurrected Writer-

Si. 3nodding

Losing faith eh?

Lost it (and The Game as well)  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas