Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Vamps Vs Goths What's the Difference Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:57 pm
xStephanx
While most of the vampire types you can meet out there are nuts, the idea of a vampire lover is a tad sexy.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ORLY?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:10 pm
GilAskan
xStephanx
While most of the vampire types you can meet out there are nuts, the idea of a vampire lover is a tad sexy.

ORLY?

HOT. eek  

xStephanx

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:15 pm
xStephanx
GilAskan
xStephanx

ORLY?

HOT. eek
Yeah but not as hot as Vince Vance talk2hand

User Image

See? burning_eyes xd rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:32 pm
Blackrose Kaire
xStephanx
GilAskan
xStephanx

ORLY?

HOT. eek

User Image

User Image  

GilAskan
Crew

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:59 pm
In all seriousness, as I understood it, goth is a musical style with associated fashion, and vampire is a fetish. Someone can be both, but they are not strictly related.
I'll be the first to admit I may be wrong. After all, as GilAskan points out; various people have different ideas of what a vampire is.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:44 pm
Well, i'm older than to beleive in in fiction, But what i know is that gothis a kind of subculture with dark interests sometimes including vampires in their fictional or anto ther form, while vampirism is more of desease than a fetish.  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:04 pm
Well for me I think vampires are more of a mental disorder, (no offense hollow) it is actually classified as one. Also I dont trust any vampire at all. I knew one once, was my best friend. My girlfriend at the time cheated on me with him. We broke up. He saw a clear playing field. He ended up rapping her several times, also bit into her neck forcibly and took blood and flesh. Then after a while threw her out like she was trash. He was the only vampire I knew after that I hated them (again no offense hollow) that is until I can be proven other wise.
As for for goths they vary so much its hard to actually classify them. One thing that is my opion though is that they do not go hand in hand.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:41 pm
gothic is a scene and vampirism is a lifestyle. thats about as simple as i can put it.  

ataraxia_18

Naztakuan

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:05 pm
I think that perhaps Vamps are mentally ill individuals. I wen to school with a girl who actually believed shewas a vampire.. Every year her stories got more and more convoluted. Eventually, a year after graduatio her father kiled himself and she snapped and ended up in a mental institution.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:51 pm
Hollow_Banki
hey what up?
my name is Lee and i'm a vampire.
well not in the Bram Stoker's Dracula way anyway.
ok i like blood and the night and i don't like the sun all that much.
but a lot of things i like are gothic and i was thinking what the difference is really?
what makes and goth a goth and a vamp a vamp?
or are we all just on different levels in the same gothic world?
i want to get to know the rest of you better so tell me what you think.

u and i are da same.
the sun gives me a freakin headache...
we are da same...vamps and goths...in fact, i bit one of my friends due to the fact he wanted to eat my flashdrive (Danny...) and he says now he hates da sunlight as much as i do...i'm happy when it rains...  

Shibo Uirusu

Naztakuan

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:58 pm
Sinister Kung Fu
Hollow_Banki
ok good point.
but i don't like most gothic music or at least what i've heard i don't like.
and what about if you only like the gothic clothes or if you like to drink blood. can you be goth and not dress in all black or not like death metal and still be gothic?
what makes a goth a goth?

the defining factor is the appreciation of goth rock. there is nothing else that makes you a goth. Since the goth culture grew from the music, the two are inseparable.

Sooo, if you can't HEAR goth music, you aren't goth? It seems to me that there are plenty of deaf goths. So I'm assuming Goth actually does discriminate against the diasbled? I mean I have disagree with you on that simply because Goth as it was defined has evolved into something beyond the music. If you can't hear, you can't appreciate the music and if you can't appreciate music, you can't appreciate goth music, which means if you are deaf, you cannot be goth. Is that what you are trying to say? Because I thought being goth was something much deeper than that.Or maybe it's two seperate definitions of goth. After all, no one OWNS the goth title. Last time I checked goth was also a type of art and the name of a Germanic tribe. The goth musicians of the 70s simply stole the title and tried to act like they owned it. Goth seems to pertain to a mindset, an attitude, a lifestyle, not just audiowaves that only the fortunate can be priveledged to hear.  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:59 am
Naztakuan
Sinister Kung Fu
Hollow_Banki
ok good point.
and what about if you only like the gothic clothes or if you like to drink blood. can you be goth and not dress in all black or not like death metal and still be gothic?

the defining factor is the appreciation of goth rock. there is nothing else that makes you a goth. Since the goth culture grew from the music, the two are inseparable.

Sooo, if you can't HEAR goth music, you aren't goth? It seems to me that there are plenty of deaf goths. So I'm assuming Goth actually does discriminate against the diasbled? I mean I have disagree with you on that simply because Goth as it was defined has evolved into something beyond the music. If you can't hear, you can't appreciate the music and if you can't appreciate music, you can't appreciate goth music, which means if you are deaf, you cannot be goth. Is that what you are trying to say? Because I thought being goth was something much deeper than that.Or maybe it's two seperate definitions of goth. After all, no one OWNS the goth title. Last time I checked goth was also a type of art and the name of a Germanic tribe. The goth musicians of the 70s simply stole the title and tried to act like they owned it. Goth seems to pertain to a mindset, an attitude, a lifestyle, not just audiowaves that only the fortunate can be priveledged to hear.

Medieval Gothic architecture, and Germanic tribes have absolutely no relation to the current goth subculture, so you may as well just drop that ridiculous line of thought now.
The subculture is without a doubt tied inextricably to the music. If you can't comprehend that, you either know absolutely nothing about goth, or you're just an idiot. Either way, based on that nonsense you wrote, it's pretty clear you have no idea what you're talking about.  

This Old Oscillator

Naztakuan

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:40 am
This Old Oscillator
Naztakuan
Sinister Kung Fu
Hollow_Banki
ok good point.

Medieval Gothic architecture, and Germanic tribes have absolutely no relation to the current goth subculture, so you may as well just drop that ridiculous line of thought now.
The subculture is without a doubt tied inextricably to the music. If you can't comprehend that, you either know absolutely nothing about goth, or you're just an idiot. Either way, based on that nonsense you wrote, it's pretty clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

Hey, just take it up with the Goth on here who CAN"T hear a damn thing. He's deaf!! Are you saying he is NOT goth because he can't hear the music? You tell him that yourself. Jeezus, talk about bigoted.  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:40 pm
Blackrose Kaire
xStephanx
GilAskan
xStephanx

ORLY?

HOT. eek

User Image

*sigh* Oh Vince...when will you just roll into that casket I've made? rolleyes
So i don't think it's natural and I don't think you can physically become a vampire. I think the difference might be that I've never heard of vampire rock but I'm not big on goth rock either. sweatdrop

AdrianaKitten

Strawberry Bunny Magician

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:25 pm
Obviously you don't know what a vamp is cause I know you would'nt join a guild not knowing what it is about.Goth duh.....I'm just saying cause we got way too much asking goth stuff.Like I said just saying.No offense  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff