Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
A few questions about stones and gems. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:12 pm
deito
You win... I've run out of arguments.
~head desk~ This isn't about "Winning". It's about thinking.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:25 pm
TeaDidikai
deito

lollers.  

ShadowSharrow

deito

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:30 pm
Then I can't think of anything more. What are your views?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:30 pm
ShadowSharrow
TeaDidikai
deito

lollers.
whee

I am beginning to see why it is rare for some of the regs to take this stuff on.

I miss the good ol' days when Reagun and I were at each other's throat, when Deo had a slightly smug but well reasoned comment to play against, and when Nuri was... doing this...

NURI! You! YOU! You pinned this on me intentionally didn't you?!  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:32 pm
deito
Then I can't think of anything more. What are your views?
I need context before I offer advice.

Within my personal belief as an animist, even inanimate objects can be addressed and reasoned with, at times bribed or required to aid within a particular situation.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:37 pm
I did this? What are you talking about. I didn't want people to kill each other, thats all. I'm a good prober.

MWHAHAHA.

You know how I clean crystals. I stare at them, wonder what I have, and dust them off, and put them back in the box they were in before.  

maenad nuri
Captain

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:43 pm
deito
Okay. I still think that Aquamarine works well the same way a hematite ring does, just wear it around your neck and it will do its thing. Also, water is just as good as salt in cleansing stones that sodium has an acidic effect on.

Personally I would associate hematite with blood rather then water and use it in relations to that.
Hematite/hemaglobin is the mnemonic I used for it.

I don't see crystals as something that is a placebo or as needing belief or a person needing to know the 'properties' of them to work.

My Dad certainly doesn't know the 'properties' or the 'effect' the lump of rose quarts he carries around in his pocket to use for his post stroke excerises for his left hand. I was pleased that the one I had selected was the right size for such an additional practical aid as well it's engertic or magical effects.

Personally my take on it would be that while we are matter we are also vibrating particles that resonate at certain frequencies and when we interact on thoses levels with thing such as crystals then it effects us.

Not quiet the extreme as the man and bicycle but along those lines.

TeaDidikai
deito
Because part of magic is mental.
How do you figure? What do you mean by "mental"?
Quote:

If you don't really think it will work, then it probably won't, will it?
My experience says properly performed magic will work no matter what you personally believe.

If you are suggesting magic is all about belief, why?
Why would we assume that forces such as magic are subject to our whims?

Whims, no.
Will, yes but even that has it's limits.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:44 pm
And as an Animist you should understand! If you didn't know that they could be spoken to, reasoned with, bribed or whatever, would it work for you? I don't think so!

Edit: All of you make me feel so foolish...  

deito

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:52 pm
Nuri
I did this? What are you talking about. I didn't want people to kill each other, thats all. I'm a good prober.

*Winces*

Remember there is always time for lube....

Nuri

You know how I clean crystals. I stare at them, wonder what I have, and dust them off, and put them back in the box they were in before.

I do believe that they can be left to cycle back to thier 'own' reasonace instead of cleaning but that can take a loooong while and that they can be 'charged' with sun or moon engery depending on the type and what they are to be used for.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:54 pm
TeaDidikai

Within my personal belief as an animist, even inanimate objects can be addressed and reasoned with, at times bribed or required to aid within a particular situation.

I would be the same, eps with things I interact with alot.  

ShadowSharrow

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:02 pm
ShadowSharrow
Nuri

*Winces*

Remember there is always time for lube....

Of course! I'm the nice one!

Quote:

Nuri

I do believe that they can be left to cycle back to thier 'own' reasonace instead of cleaning but that can take a loooong while and that they can be 'charged' with sun or moon engery depending on the type and what they are to be used for.

And if I even remembered what I have, I'd take myself a whole lot more seriously. I bought then, and then forgot to label them. I find that amusing.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:11 pm
ShadowSharrow

I would be the same, eps with things I interact with alot.
I do it with everything that needs to be awake for use.

Nuri

MWHAHAHA.
I'm fuming. Just so you know.

Quote:

For me, it depends on the crystal. And to be honest- I'm not all that attracted to "crystals" but I am attracted to some stones.

ShadowSharrow

Personally I would associate hematite with blood rather then water and use it in relations to that.
Hematite/hemaglobin is the mnemonic I used for it.
Iron iron everywhere and not a drop to drink!
Quote:

I don't see crystals as something that is a placebo or as needing belief or a person needing to know the 'properties' of them to work.

My Dad certainly doesn't know the 'properties' or the 'effect' the lump of rose quarts he carries around in his pocket to use for his post stroke excerises for his left hand. I was pleased that the one I had selected was the right size for such an additional practical aid as well it's engertic or magical effects.

Personally my take on it would be that while we are matter we are also vibrating particles that resonate at certain frequencies and when we interact on thoses levels with thing such as crystals then it effects us.

Not quiet the extreme as the man and bicycle but along those lines.
I've heard this and am beginning to think it is the most common of explanations.

I don't completely agree with it- if only because it doesn't seem to account for sensitivities. It might not be completely invalid, but it seems there is an aspect of explanation that is missing.

Quote:
Whims, no.
Will, yes but even that has it's limits.
Fair enough.
What gage would you use to measure such limits?

deito
And as an Animist you should understand!
Wasn't aware that being an animist meant I agreed with everything other animists assert.
Quote:

If you didn't know that they could be spoken to, reasoned with, bribed or whatever, would it work for you? I don't think so!
Actually, it very well might work.

I've seen blind tests that support such.

Quote:
We cannot make you feel anything.  

TeaDidikai

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:14 pm
deito
And as an Animist you should understand! If you didn't know that they could be spoken to, reasoned with, bribed or whatever, would it work for you? I don't think so!

Oh please don't, please take part in the dicussion as what works for one person and thier understanding is not the only understanding and I always find that finding out how others do things is usually for me a good thing.

Nuri

And if I even remembered what I have, I'd take myself a whole lot more seriously. I bought then, and then forgot to label them. I find that amusing.

That I can't say I ever have had a problem with, but then again I have a shocking good memory ( much to scorplets bemusement and at times horror ) , prolly makes up for the dyslexia.

And even if I find one and I am not sure, I will try to communicate/talk to/listen/ping it ect to figure out what it resonates with and that will usually clue me in .  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:14 pm
And that is how my will was broken and my self esteem churned to butter. Bravo, Tea, bravo.  

deito

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:18 pm
ShadowSharrow

That I can't say I ever have had a problem with, but then again I have a shocking good memory ( much to scorplets bemusement and at times horror ) , prolly makes up for the dyslexia.
I can relate to that.

deito
And that is how my will was broken and my self esteem churned to butter. Bravo, Tea, bravo.
Personal responsibility is a good thing.

Disagreeing with you, and challenging you to think is not the same thing as telling you that you are a bad person.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff