Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Cleansing Crystals Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:34 am
TeaDidikai
Sophist
I'm glad Tea has asked me to think about what I believe because I figured out exactly what I was talking about. But if she wants logical answers based on tradition then she won't find any because there are none.
I think it's a bit silly to project what you think I am looking for.

How would you like me to respond?

TeaDidikai
Sophist
Tea, to answer your question, that's the soil I'd be using, and I think it's a reasonable assumption that the soil there is safe, (though some of it may have cow dung, I might have to be careful!) otherwise it wouldn't be open to the public.
You'd be amazed. Many mining techniques are very harmful.

I wouldn't be going into the mines. And they are also no longer active.

TeaDidikai
Sophist
As for the reiki, I forget what lineage but I'll have to e-mail my teacher. Thanks.
What about the name of the Tradition?

As I said, I don't remember. It's in my book somewhere but I have to search for it. I took the class over two years ago.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:35 am
Sivirs
Sophist
But if she wants logical answers based on tradition then she won't find any because there are none.

I dunno. Tea does go a little Socratic on us now and then, but I think she's got a point in regards to logical reasons for traditions, at bare minimum. The further back you look into traditions, the more context you find for the culture they came out of, the more every little thing they do makes sense.

There's even been at least one book written on exploring the very common-sense origins of many of the silliest-seeming traditions in (western) history. I'm hoping some kind soul who loves me will buy it for me for Christmas, in fact.

Anyway, back to the point. If you know what something *really* means and *why*, it has that much more power for you. If you're just going through the motions because you've heard that that'll do it but you're not sure how or why, not so much. I don't think Tea's criticizing your methods here at all, 'cause she did flat out say she's got people who use salt too, she's just making sure that you don't transition from "listen to whatever fluffy authors say" to "listen to whatever the non-fluffy authors say, because they're non-fluffy."

That or she's just poking you with a stick, in which case you probably might wanna reassure her that you would NOT taste good with tea flavoring. whee

I'm sure traditions have their reasons, I just meant that I don't follow a specific tradition when it comes to my opinion on the earth. I may have been influenced by fluffy books to go out and experience nature but that conclusion I came to myself. Thanks.  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:37 am
Sophist
By not making assumptions as to what you think I am "looking for".

Quote:

Neither is Chernobyl.

Quote:

As I said, I don't remember. It's in my book somewhere but I have to search for it. I took the class over two years ago.
Hmmmm...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:51 am
TeaDidikai
Sophist
By not making assumptions as to what you think I am "looking for".

Pardon me, but I think I already addressed that I was wondering whether you are trying to help me or are just enjoying finding holes in my logic, to which you answered with fallacy dropping. That would have been your opportunity to tell me your views but as of yet I've been the one giving most of the information. I'm just going with what little you've given me. And though the best way to deal with this is stay completely objective, I can't always be so perfect. At least I am trying to stay civil which, I assure you, can be very difficult for me.

TeaDidikai
Sophist

Neither is Chernobyl.

lol ok. But...you're not really comparing the effects of dynamite with "the worst nuclear melt down in history," are you? Maybe you're joking. It's hard to tell through text alone.  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:56 am
Sophist
Pardon me, but I think I already addressed that I was wondering whether you are trying to help me or are just enjoying finding holes in my logic, to which you answered with fallacy dropping. That would have been your opportunity to tell me your views but as of yet I've been the one giving most of the information. I'm just going with what little you've given me.
And filling the rest in with personal speculation has led you to a bad conclusion. There's that old saying about assumptions...

Quote:

lol ok. But...you're not really comparing the effects of dynamite with "the worst nuclear melt down in history," are you? Maybe you're joking. It's hard to tell through text alone.
If you think blasting is the only tool used in mining, I highly suggest you research mining techniques further.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:00 am
TeaDidikai
Sophist
Pardon me, but I think I already addressed that I was wondering whether you are trying to help me or are just enjoying finding holes in my logic, to which you answered with fallacy dropping. That would have been your opportunity to tell me your views but as of yet I've been the one giving most of the information. I'm just going with what little you've given me.
And filling the rest in with personal speculation has led you to a bad conclusion. There's that old saying about assumptions...

Sorry.

TeaDidikai
Quote:

If you think blasting is the only tool used in mining, I highly suggest you research mining techniques further.

What I've been told while doing a chapter on California itself, is that most of the mining actually took place in streams and rivers. But while touring the mines, they mostly just mentioned dynamite, nothing much else.  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:53 pm
Sophist

Sorry.
No worries.

Quote:

What I've been told while doing a chapter on California itself, is that most of the mining actually took place in streams and rivers. But while touring the mines, they mostly just mentioned dynamite, nothing much else.
What kind of mining were they doing?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:28 pm
Quote:

In the streams and rivers, gold. But in the area I'm referring to, coal at first, and then later on sand. If you're asking about technique, all they mentioned was dynamite.  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:34 am
Sophist
Quote:

In the streams and rivers, gold. But in the area I'm referring to, coal at first, and then later on sand. If you're asking about technique, all they mentioned was dynamite.
Coal mining is rather famous for the hazardous chemicals (mostly solvents) that are leeched into the ground. Interesting.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff