Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Nature Interrupted Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

patch99329

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:23 am
Ethermus Prime
patch99329
^ I'm indifferent to both sects really.
If there was a way to reach my goal that didn't invlove potentially hurting others, I'd take that path first though.

Lol. Mystiicsm and starwars!

That'd just be...awesome.
Seriously. Two of my favourite subjects heart  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:47 am
patch99329
Ethermus Prime
patch99329
If there was a way to reach my goal that didn't invlove potentially hurting others, I'd take that path first though.

No kidding. razz they go well together. Mostly because Lucas based his work in study of the Hero's Journey by Campbell.

I adore Joesph Campbell.  

Ethermus Prime

patch99329

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:57 am
Ethermus Prime
patch99329
Ethermus Prime
patch99329

No kidding. razz they go well together. Mostly because Lucas based his work in study of the Hero's Journey by Campbell.

I adore Joesph Campbell.

Joseph campell (don't know much about him, but from my own knowledge) is pretty cool. Mr.lucas however, is not >.<
He lost my respect when he started adding new scenes into the old trilogy. HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT HE DID TO JABBA? gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:02 am
I just scoff whenever the Jedi order, one which teaches separation from emotions, calls something "unnatural" As unnatural as their lifestyle is, I don't see alot of room for commentary...
But then again, trying to combine Zen with Taoism and wrapping it under Bushido is begging for contradiction.
Transcend this world, which you are a part of, but remember to be obedient to these specific secular authorities, except when you aren't. rolleyes

Lucas can bring it if he doesn't like outside views on his work. Star Wars was excellent, a great and epic tale. He had good ideas, but his ability to solely define good and evil in the Star Wars galaxy was shaken when he allowed other writers to contribute "canon" and was shattered with "Only the Sith deal in absolutes".

For my part, I have a combined and integrated dualistic view, which doesn't allow for anything actuallized to be pure, purity is the province of concepts, not manifestations.

As far as The Star Wars galaxy, I would likely be a Sith, as I am very emotional, and draw strength from that emotion. Baring that, the Jensaarai, as I see any power I have as meaningless, without a worthy cause to put it to.  

Fiddlers Green

patch99329

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:36 am
Fiddlers Green

As far as The Star Wars galaxy, I would likely be a Sith, as I am very emotional, and draw strength from that emotion.

When put like that, I agree.
I don't have the 'strength' to keep my emotions under control like the jedi. Particularly anger and grief.

However, I wouldn't have killed all the sand people like anikin. Perhaps just the prominent men or leaders ninja . The kiddies didn't have to die.
I'm emotional but it dosen't cloud my judgement or sense of reason. Killing the leaders punishes those responsible and causes the group to fall into disrepute. But I don't personally seek retributon on the relatively innocent.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:47 pm
Three words.

Han Shot First.  

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:41 pm
Oh, Patch, I use my emotion... Anakin was used by his emotion... the Jedi try to avoid emotion, and it's use or abuse.

Plenty of Jedi didn't control their emotions, so much as kill them. sweatdrop

Damn skippy Tea. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:17 pm
I wish I knew more about the concepts behind Star Wars so I could join in all this! As it is, I'm quite satisfied to sit back and enjoy reading the philosophical and metaphysical musings.

On another note...
Fiddlers Green

Purity is the province of concepts, not manifestations.

Requesting permission to sig. mrgreen  

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

patch99329

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:42 pm
TeaDidikai
Three words.

Han Shot First.

I'm in process of looking for that on a T-shirt.

I have it as an LJ icon too.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:25 am
mute_coyote
I wish I knew more about the concepts behind Star Wars so I could join in all this!
How familiar are you with Jung?  

TeaDidikai

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:38 am
TeaDidikai
mute_coyote
I wish I knew more about the concepts behind Star Wars so I could join in all this!

Even though Campbell based his work of of Jung's to some degree, I'd think Reading "Hero with a thousand faces" Would be more apt to explain the concepts in Star wars.

Namely because that's what Lucas used to build his archetypes.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:38 pm
TeaDidikai
mute_coyote

I've heard he had a theory of "collective unconsciousness" and that he believed there were certain archetypes common to human psychology. That, and he and Freud got into big disputes over psychology and, if I remember correctly, dream analysis. That's about all I know.  

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:33 pm
mute_coyote
TeaDidikai
mute_coyote

I've heard he had a theory of "collective unconsciousness" and that he believed there were certain archetypes common to human psychology. That, and he and Freud got into big disputes over psychology and, if I remember correctly, dream analysis. That's about all I know.
It's a good basis. He did a good job with his outline of "archetypes".

I ask because as much as I like Uncle Joe- I think Carl is the place to start because a fair amount of Joe's thinking was heavily influenced by him.

Kinda like how I would recommend a basic understanding of Crowley before jumping onto Gardner, or a basic understanding of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division before jumping to algebra.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:37 pm
mute_coyote
On another note...
Fiddlers Green

Purity is the province of concepts, not manifestations.

Requesting permission to sig. mrgreen

Granted. surprised  

Fiddlers Green

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:42 pm
TeaDidikai
mute_coyote
TeaDidikai
mute_coyote

It's a good basis. He did a good job with his outline of "archetypes".

I ask because as much as I like Uncle Joe- I think Carl is the place to start because a fair amount of Joe's thinking was heavily influenced by him.

Kinda like how I would recommend a basic understanding of Crowley before jumping onto Gardner, or a basic understanding of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division before jumping to algebra.

Jung's ideas sound pretty interesting. I shouldn't have any problem getting ahold of some of his work at the UW library. Unless, of course, one of the Psych students beat me to it. xp I'll also have to look up Crowley. I searched it, and I found we actually have some of his stuff on campus. The next trick will be finding out where this alleged "Special Collections Building" is.

@Fiddlers Green: Thanks! ^_^  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces