Submit

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:57 pm
eek eek eek ZOMIGOSH.... eek eek eek

I just got ST: A Singular Destiny, which is the following book to the Destiny trilogy. Basically, everyone is trying to get back to 'normal,' though I'm not sure anything could be considered normal after the events of Destiny.

But what I'm freaking out about is the book release timeline that is in the back of the book. Here's what it says:

The DESTINY trilogy rocked the Star Trek universe.

The aftershocks ripple through.

A SINGULAR DESTINY
February

TITAN: OVER A TORRENT SEA
March

VOYAGER: FULL CIRCLE
April

THE NEXT GENERATION: LOSING THE PEACE
July

VOYAGER: UNWORTHY
October

TITAN: SYNTHESIS
November

THE TYPHON PACT
will awaken.

(and yes, that is 'Typhon,' not 'typhoon.')

Hosh**...just reading those titles...omgosh...and I have to wait until APRIL for freaking Full Circle?!?! That sucks...man....

But please, someone tell me I'm not the only one going nuts over this? It seems like I'm the only one reading the current books anymore crying ...and I know I'm not - they aren't putting these incredibly good books out for just one person.

I don't care if you pm me or message me here in the guild, just somebody, let me know!!!! sweatdrop thanks...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:29 am
So I just finished the book which leads after the Deep Space nin ended. I cant think of the name, but It wass sooo. Good. It was basically bringing Sisko back and Odo comes back for a while and saves kira!Wooooo!

It's bsaically a really good beginning to a season 8...=)in book form.  

The Angry Therapist

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:09 pm
platsdevil
So I just finished the book which leads after the Deep Space nin ended. I cant think of the name, but It wass sooo. Good. It was basically bringing Sisko back and Odo comes back for a while and saves kira!Wooooo!

It's bsaically a really good beginning to a season 8...=)in book form.

That would be Unity, written by S.D. Perry.

One question - did you read Avatar, parts I & II and Mission Gamma, parts I-IV?

Those are the ones that fill in the gap between What You Leave Behind and Unity. Oh, and it continues past Unity in the Worlds of DS9 trilogy, Warpath, and Fearful Symmetry. And it only gets better, I assure you (though not if you're a Nerys/Odo fan...unfortunately...I am, and it sucks....).  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:25 pm
Yeah, I did. they where just as good as Unity! I really do like Julian and Ezri together. Jadzia was to good for him.  

The Angry Therapist

The Angry Therapist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:31 pm
WAIT!!!! What happens to Odo and Kira, pleas tell me!!! Rah, I hate not knowing!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:25 pm
Unfortunately, not much happens for Nerys and Odo. Their relationship pretty much drops off the radar after Unity. That totally sucks, because if he knew half the stuff that's happened to Nerys and the DS9 crew since he left, he'd be beat-feeting it back home.

Anyway, there's been a few hints of them wanting to be back together (you read the books, you saw them), but nothing concrete. I'm hoping this newest storyline arc in the books will pull something out of them...but I think the DS9 crew's been put on the back burner for a while...all except for Ezri, at least.

Ezri's got her own ship now - the Aventine; it's a nice little ship, Vesta-class, I believe. Top of the line, too - it's got a slipstream drive. She was second-in-command when her captain and first officer were killed in battle with the Borg (it's in this latest story arc). Ezri was on bridge when it happened and was the only one with enough guts to take command and guide the ship to victory. After the battle, the promotion stuck.

But as for Nerys and Odo...yeah...they haven't seen each other since Unity. Totally sucky.... crying  

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

The Angry Therapist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:40 pm
That does suck. What the hell? I mean, they were the biggest thing in the series for the last season. I was just watching that damn show and their completley mad for each other!! COME BACK ODO!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:38 pm
platsdevil
That does suck. What the hell? I mean, they were the biggest thing in the series for the last season. I was just watching that damn show and their completley mad for each other!! COME BACK ODO!!!!!!

I know. And I have a feeling Odo doesn't know what's happening - or has happened - to Nerys. If he did, oh man...he would have left a trail of destruction straight back to DS9.  

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

The Angry Therapist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:43 pm
Yeah, well I hope in the next book he does! That'll teach them to write a book without Odo and Nerys together...! twisted  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:31 pm
vulcankitty
Has anyone read the post-ds9 books? I really like them.

I have! I'm currently going through them. I am always excited when they come out with a new book. I've only gotten as far as the first Gateways book, I'm waiting to order the second one. But I have almost all the book after. So while I'm waiting, I'm reading the Terok Nor trilogy and on the last book (also good books).  

saramauss

Contralto in a Corset

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:53 pm
As of an hour ago I finished the last of the post-DS9 books(Worlds of DS9 Book 3). hell of a cliffhanger, I want to strangle David R. George III, right now. It just isn't fair crying

I'm starting on the IKS Gorkon series, though. Anyone else read that?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:34 pm
Militant Christian
As of an hour ago I finished the last of the post-DS9 books(Worlds of DS9 Book 3). hell of a cliffhanger, I want to strangle David R. George III, right now. It just isn't fair crying

I'm starting on the IKS Gorkon series, though. Anyone else read that?

I haven't read the IKS Gorkon series - though I have seen them and the authors look good.

But I understand what you mean about the Worlds of DS9 books....

Oh, the next book - Fearful Symmetry - is out. It's pretty good...though prepare to be thrown on your head, yet again.... gonk But it's another freakin' cliffhanger. Gah!  

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Frogr1701

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:11 pm
The Mirror Images comic book series by Scott and David Tipton. I have to say it was extremely well done and the artwork is outstanding. The third part was an interesting tangent and from a visual point of view had some interesting questions, yet all of it made total sense.

I also have the first book in the Starfleet Corps of Engineers series but only read bits and pieces of that book.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:57 am
Frogr1701
The Mirror Images comic book series by Scott and David Tipton. I have to say it was extremely well done and the artwork is outstanding. The third part was an interesting tangent and from a visual point of view had some interesting questions, yet all of it made total sense.

I also have the first book in the Starfleet Corps of Engineers series but only read bits and pieces of that book.

The SCE books have been put into an omnibus form - one large book formed from several smaller ones. I'm not sure exactly what's in them, but thought I'd let you know.

Speaking of the SCE - white-washed spoilersOne of the engineers from the Da Vinci is now the chief engineer on Voyager. spoilers end It's a long, long story and I'd be willing to share the whole thing with anyone who wants over PM, but...it's an interesting bit of info and thought people would like to know.

And for the Mirror Universe, there are several books that pertain to that -

Dark Passions, Pts. 1 & 2
Fearful Symmetry (though there are several to read before that one)
Mirror Universe: Glass Empires
Mirror Universe: Obsidian Alliances
Mirror Universe: Shards and Shadows

Those last three all have three parts each that cover a different character's POV:
Glass Empires: Jean-Luc, Spock, Hoshi.
Obsidian Alliances: Nerys, MacKenzie Calhoun (New Frontier - a book-only series), B'Elanna.
Shards and Shadows: Kirk, Will, and T'Pol.

But anyway...can you tell I read a little? lolz  

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

ranch_and_potatos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:08 am
well i am reading homecoming its pretty good so far.... anyone else reading it.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff