Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Orks orks orks and more orks! [PROJECT! Picture heavy] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruric Torrune

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:59 pm
I like the bandanas, your really good with the green stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:39 pm
Not really good, but I'm learning, and I'm learning quickly. xD

About to try something more advanced soon enough. :B  

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:31 am
I'm not far away from having a 20 man strong mob finished, might not be ace-paintjob, but I'm in a hurry. xD

Aside from painting my tournament army I'm working on a diorama or just a very scenic big base for an Ork Nob Freeboota' (gives me lots of advantages with a big base tho...).

I have taken the Ork Kommando Nob (again... God I love that mini) and moved his googles down to his eyes, gave him a pirate bandana, the warboss bosspole (and shotguns... Er... Kannonz) and a 'Uge choppa in form of an anchor attatched to a chain.

He will be placed on the plastic Dreadnaught base since it's "scenic" with broken roads or floor of a chapel or whatever, it will go well along with the "rock" he's standing on anyways.

All I got left is the anchor itself, and then he's finished and ready for priming, and of course painting, I'm going to give him as much time as I can (if I can) and enter him in our gaming clubs modelling and painting competition, might not win the price for painting but sure for modelling.

And in the end put it up in the gaming store showcase window. n_n  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:07 am
Ever thought about working for GW? You certainly got the skills to pay the bills.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:37 am
I wish...

It's one of my dreams ctually, hence I'm working (well, as much as I can) hard to get on with sculpting.

I know there's one in my town who moved to england and started working for GW as a sculptor, Alex Hedström, he's behind some lizzies I think, Ogres, Beastmen, plastic orc warboss (yes it's ugly... ) and Gorbad Ironclaw (Now we're talking).

I am still a novice on sculpting, but modelling by sumple "cutta" "glua" converting is something I'm getting good at.

But it's a dream I hope to get fulfilled. xD

But since I've seen the sculpts of former GW workers (Avatars of War anyone?) and they're astonishing... I have a long way to go...

http://avatars-of-war.com/web2mail/web2mail.php

Scroll down to see.

I bought some of his minis (the Dwarf Hero and the Greenskin characters) and they're ace!

You can also check out his other sculpts from there.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:13 am
Well, those Avatar of War models are just like GW models in style and size, so I wouldn't be too surprised if GW came a knocking one day soon.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:25 am
He's not breaking any laws, I know this since there's plenty of other freelancing modellers who make models inspired by GW.

So he doesn't have to worry there.

Anywho.

Speeded up with painting 20 boyz the other day, belts, accessories and hair is left (and basing of course).

I don't have any close-ups yet, so bare with me.

User Image

And then... My freeboota' nob with 'uge choppa!

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:15 pm
The 60mm base is a bit of overkill maybe. The bandanna and the anchor are nice touches, but in my honest opinion the 60mm base is a tad too big for the model, leaving too much clear space that the model can't possibly fill up.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:18 pm
I don't really see the problem, big bases = ace.

Good when getting hit by big blasts + leting more orks fight in close combat by being 2" close to him.

And it's not that I'm going to use him in games, this is a showcase model, and it didn't fit in on a smaller base with the anchor like that.

Problem solved. :B

Anywho there wuill probably be some more scenic stuff on the base later on, need to pick out my bitz boxes from my sport-bag first. xD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:29 pm
I love these stuff! You should add a Grot (presumably dead or dieing) to the base of your Anchor boy.  

Dragonzealot

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:03 am
Only made some cracks n stuff beneath the anchor, and added a pirate grot by his side (well someone have to take care of his slugga).

Also just finished speedpainting my boyz, took the time today to finish them, about to base them now, so pictures will come shortly.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:56 am
User Image

User Image  

Shinobi_8745

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:04 am
woh! now that is cool, i love your s!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:49 pm
Just started painting 10 lootas including 2 meks, got the skin, teef, eyes and tongues done now, going for the metal/leather/cloth/warpaint tomorrow.  

Shinobi_8745

Dragonzealot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:32 pm
How much longer till your tourney?  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items