Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King Kento

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:38 am
Well, why you all look on to new games, now that the gamecube is over with Im picking up bargain games. Got F-Zero GX a few weeks ago, and I picked up Paper Mario: Thousand year door today. I did expect to enjoy the game play, thats why I got it, I wasnt expecting to love the story and humor so much in a mario game. But Id have to say its my seconf favorite rpg so far.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:29 am
I picked up mass effect... and then beat it. Its quite a beautiful game, great story line and its just quite lovely

I also picked up Jericho... Its allright, but it pales in comparison to Mass Effect
Graphics are mediocre, the storyline is pretty linear, and so is the actual game, the powers are all right.. but still Mass Effect killed this game  

Soviet Comrade

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:05 pm
Give me more positive things about it to counter Mac's negatives ones.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:18 pm
Oh for s**t's sake, just buy the game or rent it and play it for yourself little simpleton. Mass Effect has its flaws, but it is good. Not great or perfect, but good. Is it not my internet right as player of the game to voice my opinion?  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:25 am
I would buy it if it were so easy...
I never said that you couldn't voice your opinion, but I am encouraging other ones so I don't portray ME negatively.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:01 pm
Than rent it. And why are you worried about it then if you cant get ahold of it?

Further what do you mean so you wont "portray it" negatively, do you mean "percieve it"?

If you want to make your own opinion of it, get the game. Otherwise its just silly to get an opinion, and then characterize it as negative and start asking for positive ones rather than opinions in general.

King Kento

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 pm
Mass Effect, the good and bad. The game is good, but not great. I am now replaying it a third time and probably will do so again for a fourth time. Congrats Mass Effect, you achieved something I wont be doing with Bioshock. The game is fun. FUN. But the flaws and faults, while small or minor annoyances, can mar the play for me. However, some of my all time favourites are flawed, like Vampire Bloodlines, which is buggy as hell and has poor combat, but is still one of my all time favourites.

GOOD.
- Combat is easy and effective
- New Game+
- Space travel and Mako exploration
- a*****e dialogue options where you can pull a gun on a person and put a round in their head
- Tonnes of side quests

BAD.
- Texture quality is s**t sometimes
- Pants on head retarded squad AI
- Low interaction with squad members
- Game is too short
- Mako is a neat idea, but a real pain for those hard to reach spots
- Once again, your choices have no real outcome on the story
- Side quests have no impact on the main story, plus they all are the same really
- Lack of indoor level design resulting in identical space ships of the Kowloon Class and research bases with the same layout  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:11 am
HAHAHA. OH WOW! DUKE NUKEM FOREVER IS STILL ALIVE FOR SOME SILLY REASON. THEY RELEASED A TEASER TRAILER WITH DUKE PUMPING HIS GUNS WITH IRON WHILE SMOKING A CIGAR AND FLEXING HIS MUSCULAR STEROID ARMS.

SEE IT HERE: ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7txp0QTvVPk

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:24 am
40 seconds in, Duke looks like Bruce Willis.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:46 am
He so does!

He just looks like Bruce Willis anyway. But with hair.
It's the mouth area.  

Marcus McFlufferson

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:50 am
Marcus McFlufferson
He so does!

He just looks like Bruce Willis anyway. But with hair.
It's the mouth area.

Stop it a bit before and you can't see his hair.

Die Hard 4!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:41 am
Somehow I escaped playing Duke Nukem.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Andreis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:18 am
I remember so little about Duke Nukem really.

Yes, however, he does look quite alot like Bruce Willis. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:31 am
Oh man, Duke Nukem was such a classic game.

Notice I said classic.
Not good.

It's a game I don't think I will ever forget, and it does in fact have nostalgic qualities. But I don't think I'll ever say that I really liked the game.  

Marcus McFlufferson

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:58 am
Duke can best be described as being a womanizing steroid abusing limp dicked bodybuilder who uses over the top violence and ripped "witty" remarks as cool features.

Protip: go to a stripper and press spacebar, do this in a room full of people, preferably your parents  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff