Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kunoichi21

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:48 pm
I noticed something weird and forgot the first time I was posting, but my friend Jeff has L hair when he grows it out, and he already sat like L/Near before Death Note even came out. Freaky, no? But I was mad when he cut his hair off cuz now he has a mohawk.... sad  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:45 am
Yea, so, I had an amazing DN experience tonight. I was at Buffalo Wild Wings earlier, after I got off work, so 7:30 ish and I was getting ready to play the trivia questions while waiting for my food, and when I saw the leaderboard, guess who was in first place. "Mello." Yes, someone named themselves Mello, though whether they knew the connection or not is beyond my knowledge. But I thought it was great, so I had to mention it!  

Kunoichi21

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

UltimaMage3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:41 pm
Talking about 'Mello's and Death Note experiences, I practically live one everyday, if that's the case.

Not really me, but... my best friend and I dubbed her boyfriend 'Mello', because he took the test in Ryuk's How to Play segment of 'DN 13: How to Read' and got 'Mello' as his type.

Not to mention he looks like Mello, acts like Mello, likes his theme, and they kind of share the same name, Mello's real name being 'Mihael', and her boyfriend's being 'Michael', which is just one letter off.

So she was talking to me one time about 'how much Mello LOVES chocolate. Eats anything chocolate, even if its by itself. Chocolate frosting, cake, bars, syrup...'

I said, 'Really? They didn't show that in the manga panels, but I thought he'd have that much an obsession with chocolate'. She goes, '...Which Mello were YOU thinking of?' and I went, ' eek Which Mello were you talking about?'

lol You can imagine what a laugh we had about that.

-

A stupid/funny moment I had, though, was a few weeks ago.

I was listening to one of L's themes (L no Nakama), and I liked the song a lot. I happened to have listened to it enough times to get it stuck in my head. A few days later, on a day I wasn't listening to the theme I wondered, "What's that Japanese word mean? I know I read it somewhere..." so I took the time to look in a 'How to Draw Manga' book where I thought I saw the word.

Problem is, along the way I forgot what the word was. I kept thinking it was 'Hakama' instead of 'Nakama'. gonk

So I found 'hakama' in the 'How to Draw Manga: Ninjas and Samurai' book, and through context I figured out it meant 'pants', or something along those lines. Me, being an idiot, thought I'd found the right word, so I thought of the theme, and was like, "L no Hakama"? "L's pants? eek " Think of how many days I walked around thinking I was listening to the theme of "L's pants". gonk

Eventually I bothered to look at the title again and realized, "Ohhhh! L no Nakama!" and I found out that it meant "colleagues"/"friends"/"comrades".

I felt sooooooo smart... gonk Share this story with your friends for a good laugh. xd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:47 pm
Hehe, I had another one! I was in my World History class and my teacher just so happens to be director of the Prom Committee, so she was busy decorating and planning things Friday. We had a substitute (obviously) and his name is Mr. Lofting. And now, these are his exact words. "If you don't remember it, just call me Mr. L." I was only half listening to him, but I cracked up at that, and no one else got it. They all just thought I was crazy, though they probably already know I am. sweatdrop  

Kunoichi21

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

raspberries-ftw

Intergalactic Gekko

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:30 am
I recently took a school trip to Washington DC for 3 days. While there, we went to a mall and there was a jewlery stand. I love L so much that i got a leather engraved bracelet that says, "L heart Z" (Z is one of my nicknames BTW.) Well we had been talking about L so much (and my friend kept saying that L was my boyfriend.)

But at some point when we visited the Lincoln memorial (boring) that we started talking to my ex bf...and he actually thought that L was real and my boyfriend. We havent corrected him yet since it is so freaking hilarious! While at the mall he was behind me and he said, "so...how is L?"

my friend decided to ask him if he needed a picture of L as proof that he is real...and he answered, "no...he is Lindsay's boyfriend...i dont need a picture of him."

XD  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:35 am
Whenever i see the word "ratio" i always misread it as "raito"  

raspberries-ftw

Intergalactic Gekko

Space Cadet Kyon

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:03 am
Some of my friends and I go to school dressed and acting as Death Note characters and we stay in-character all day

I have a wall in my room dedicated to pictures of L and alot of those picture have Ls symbol on them. One day my mom came in and was all "I definatly think that's L"  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:49 pm
Xitshu_Kanabara
Some of my friends and I go to school dressed and acting as Death Note characters and we stay in-character all day

I have a wall in my room dedicated to pictures of L and alot of those picture have Ls symbol on them. One day my mom came in and was all "I definatly think that's L"

My friends and i do that too, today i was L and a couple of days ago i was Mello...my friend keeps printing me all of the really good L fanart that she can find for me and i'm thinking about putting it all over my walls  

raspberries-ftw

Intergalactic Gekko

UltimaMage3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:02 am
I wanted to share with you all a Death Note induced story, of 2 DN fans, one of which was having a Zetsubou Billy moment and changed their name to Kira, and the other who was just along for the ride and changed his name to L.

This is their story, on MSN.

More characters show up for the 'adventure' later on.

(The Time when the IMs were sent have been removed to protect the innocent.... Yeah right. whee )

Quote:
L: I wanted to tell you that...

I AM L

Kira: O.O NO WAI.

L: YES WAI

Kira: Damn! Should I kill you with the Death Note now or later?

L: Umm... Later. Definitely later

Kira: *maniacal laughter*

L: You're in public...

Kira: and so are you! ....Right?

L: Yes. But I'm not laughing maniacally

Kira: no, you're just sitting in an odd manner. Am I right?

L: Of course. Nothing particularly suspicious about that, however. You, on the other hand, will stick out like a sore thumb.

Kira: Well.... uh... shut up! There are too many plotholes in our show anyway for anyone to EVER notice when I laugh maniacally!

L: Very true. You know I didn't even realize I was dead until episode 30?

Kira: You were dead? I thought you might've pulled a ninja and the dude I had Rem kill was your double or something. I always thought there was something off about that OTHER L...

L: Indeed he was.

Kira: ....Why did I have the only smart shinigami kill herself off?

L: Because you were an adolescent moron in a rush to build his own perfect world, unable to realize that there can be no such thing as perfection.

Kira: *hangs head in shame* Yeah, the only time I ever realize details like these are when I'm in some 12 year old's yaoi fanfiction where you're seme.

L: Not quite sure I like that...

Kira: Well I sure as hell don't like that either, but everyone finds it unlikely that you're ever uke!

L: I really wonder why that is...

Kira: you know, like they say, it's always the quiet ones with an extraordinarily high IQ and enough personality quirks to fill 10 people...

L: Smoooooooth. nutty nutty girl.

Kira: o.o <.<;; >.>;; Silence! You dont know my secret identity! *getting Death Note ready for some epic writing*

L: Not like you know my name anyway. No matter how many times you J-Googled me.

Kira: Damn! youre right! Damn you L! I will find out your real name! even if i have to get a dumbass like Misa to trade for the Shinigami eyes and meet you!

L: Well, you see, now I know your plan. So I'll just have to find her first and keep her very far away from you. I'll steal all her cell phones too.

Kira: smile Crazy stalker.

L: It's how I roll.

Kira: True.... touche, L...

you know, for a shinigami that claims not to take any sides, Ryuk sure helped me a lot through the entire series.

L: He did. Then again it was all for his enjoyment. I suppose when something you want is very close, You'd be willing to give a little backrub...

Kira: *nodding* True.

...you ever wonder how shinigami show up into existence when they cant actually reproduce?

L: That's a very good question. I suppose the Shinigami King can and has a mate that know one knows about.

Kira: So that would make some of the shinigami in the Shinigami World related... Something tells me different.

L: You're guess is as good as mine.

Kira: Well, what if it's with the Death Note? A human gains ownership and uses it, then when they die, they go to this 'Nothingness' which just happens to be the Shinigami World.

L: Possible. Certainly a very interesting theory.

Kira: Hm-hm-hm. Well, I /am/ the top student in my class, so it's only natural I come up with interesting and somewhat plausible theories. *pores are oozing out "conceited!"*

L: And yet someone lesser than I defeated you.

Kira: <.< >.> Quiet, L! Or else... no candy for you!

L: But I already have my strawberry sundae.

Kira: O RLY?

L: Yes. *takes a bite*

Kira: NO WAI. Did you remember to tip Watari?

L: Of course.

Kira: Good boy. Lord knows Watari probably has to snipe a b***h to get those sundaes to you on time.

L: As though I have a rigorous schedule. Or demands.

Kira: I'd assume when you ask for a sundae, you'd want it stat. Speaking of which, how are you when you're not on sugar?

L: You don't want to know that.

Kira: Ah, so it's like Ryuk when he's not on apples? His body starts to twist up and all sorts of things happen.

L: Eh... you could say that...

Kira: Oh? I could?

L: Yes. You would not be 100% accurate but in some ways correct.

Kira: Alright then. I would like to confess right now that i like to keep Ryuk away from apples, as his suffering from withdrawal is visually entertaining. Until he kicks someone in the face. Hurt like a mother--!

L: Very interesting. I'll have to see that for myself sometime.

Kira: Now you know, be sure to keep your distance.

L: I will.

Kira: *goes off to kill criminals*

L: Hey. None of that now.

Kira: I can't help it. See me, trying to be god here?

L: Nope. *yoink*

Kira: O.O >8U

L: biggrin

Kira: *yoinks sweets*

L: *TACKLE* >:V

Kira: *punch*

L: *kick*

Kira: *engages in massive fight cloud*

L: Rawr

Kira: *phone rings* *picks it up* Hello? .....
.... *hangs up* Stupid Misa!

L: She's hardly stupid. Just... misdirected.

Kira: e_e True... Alright then-- Misdirected Misa!

L: Indeed. Love that a**, though...

Kira: O.O If I set you up with her, will you get off my case about the entire Kira thing?

L: No.

Kira: Great. So you get no sweets, and no a**.

L: Yeah... poor me..,

Kira: >.>

(10:51 PM) Misa Misa has been added to the conversation.

Kira: <.<

L: oro?

Misa Misa: n__n <3 MISA MISA HERE. =D -dances-

Kira: *goes into extra dramatic moment*
*hair turns red and all that jazz*
*goes into a soliloquy*
Haha, with Misa here, she can see L's name! and then I'll just call her to give me the info!

L: Too bad she other wise occupied at the moment. Right, Misa?

Misa Misa: KIRA-SAMA! Misa missed-- Misa is occupied?

L: Of course. She's busy gettting the 209 thousand spiders out of her hair.

Misa Misa: EEWWWW~ WHAT?! OMG WHERE?! ACK! -swats them away-

L: Now that we are alone for the next 12 minutes, what's all this I hear about me dying?

Kira: *scene goes back to normal* Uh, er... nothing. You heard nothing.... >.>;;

Misa Misa: -still getting spiders out of her hair- HOW IS THERE THIS MANY SPIDERS IN MISA'S HAIR ANYWAYS?! MISA IS ANGRY.

Kira: That's because L just lied. There aren't any spiders in your hair.

Misa Misa: ._.

L: Of course there are. What would you call that then?

Misa Misa: o__o

L: Anyway. Now that Misa's away from the big boys...

Misa Misa: -is in the washroom, searching for a mirror-

Kira: <.<;; >.> Er... I have to go somewhere... *hides behind a door and tries to call Misa as silently as possible*

Misa Misa: Aha! A Mirror!

L: *follows Misa and steals her phone*

Misa Misa: OMG! DID Someone just touch my butt?!

L: What finely firm buttocks you have. No wonder you're a model.

Misa Misa: -fumes- Misa Misa: You pervert!

L: And what if I am? What will you do about it?

Misa Misa: Y-Y-You! I hope you're not like this with Misa's precious Raito-kun all the time!!

L: Of course not. Why would I touch a man? I'm a pervert. Not a homosexual.

Misa Misa: >:C

Kira: *listening to all of this through the phone* O.O ????? *hangs up v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y.*

L: Click? Did you hear a click, Misa-Misa?

Misa Misa: o.o; Misa didn't hear anything. Wait. Misa is in the washroom. o_o

L: Hm. I was sure it came from the phone I just stole...

Misa Misa: YOU STOLE MY PHONE?! -le gasp-

(11:09 PM) ./ / メロ ` м i ћ a є ℓ ; κ є є ћ ℓ ;; / / has been added to the conversation.

Misa Misa: Misa is getting a call on her second phone!

L: *yoink*

Misa Misa: HEY! Give me back my phone!

L: You'll have to ask very nicely.

Misa Misa: Misa is angry! First you hog Misa's boyfriend to yourself, and now you take my things! Misa doesn't need to ask nicely!! -yanks phone back from Ryuuzaki- Hello?!

Kira: *had already hung up*

L: *takes it back*

Misa Misa: -takes it back from L yet again, checks her call history- OH MY GOSH.

L: *takes the phone and throws it in the toilet* What?

Misa Misa: YOU MADE MISA MISS A CALL FROM RAITO-KUN!

L: Really? I could have sword the caller ID said Kira...

Kira: *makes an epic walk to the washroom and pretends not to know anything weird is going on*

Misa Misa: Why would Kira be-- RAITO-KUN!!!

Kira: What's going on?

L: You're leaving, actually.

Misa Misa: -TACKLES=

L: *door shut*

Misa Misa: -hits door- Ow. D;

Kira: *on the other side* Well that was quite rude.

L: I love justice.

Misa Misa: TT__TT

Kira: *total Kira moment* I AM Justice!

./ / メロ ` м i ћ: You can go shove justice up your a**.

Misa Misa: Who the hell are you? -still mad-

./ / メロ ` м i ћ: -Shrugs.- Just a blond Slut. Oh but you wouldn't be in the category. -Looks Misa up and down.- You'd be in the 'Whore' Category...

Misa Misa: -wearing a skimpy outfit like usual- What would make you say that?! D<

./ / メロ ` м i ћ: I don't know, Why don't you ask your genious boyfriend?

Misa Misa: I WOULD if Ryuuzaki didn't slam the door in his face. D;

L: Well then problem solved. The door has proved him to not be a genius.

./ / メロ ` м i ћ: Use your brain, you dumbass blond. Even IM Not that stupid.

Misa Misa: -mumbles under her breath- Everyone is out just to make Misa angry...

./ / メロ ` м i ћ: -Throws a chunk of dark chocolate at Misa.- You know, Mumbling is bad for 'whore' super models

Kira: *busy eavesdropping, the scene goes all dramatic and miscolored as Light goes on another Kira soliloquy yet again* /Ooookaaayyyy.../

Misa Misa: -randomly pulls out notebook-

./ / メロ ` м i ћ: [[ Oh noez. ]]

Misa Misa: -and a pen-

Kira: [[ O NOES. ]]

Misa Misa: -scribbles-
L...
L...
a....

./ / メロ ` м i ћ: LAWLIPOP!

Misa Misa: w... o.o;
li...
pop...

Wait, what?!

./ / メロ ` м i ћ: /FacePalm.

Misa Misa: Damn! -crosses out with two straight lines-

Kira: *dramatic scene on the other side of the door goes comical as Kira does an anime fall*

Misa Misa: xD Kay, let's try this again! Since L mysteriously stopped moving. Misa can use this time to write his name down! Kira will be so proud of Misa! -dances in front of L-

L: *steals pen* What a lovely pen... I must have it.

./ / メロ ` м i ћ: /FacePalmAgain.

Misa Misa: OMG HE'S ALIVE AGAIN. I mean... animated or something.

L: I prefer the term, articulate, thank you very much.

Misa Misa: That's the word! Wait, is it? Misa should've stayed in school!

./ / メロ ` м i ћ: Misa, Please Graduate From Kindergarden... You give all blonds a horrible name.

Kira: [[ LOL. ]] *dramatic Kira moment again* Argh! I can't trust Misa to do anything right! *pulls out Death Note and scribbles down a name epically*

Misa Misa: -le gasp-
-epic fall-
-slow motion, dramatic music-

L: *can only watch in wonderment*

Misa Misa: Last words: Misa... is... a.... super star... and doesn't.... care who.... you....... are......................... -dies-

./ / メロ ` м i ћ: NO! MISA IS A SUPERSTAR WITH A BIG BIG BUTT AND BIG BIG BOOBS D< /Cough. -Clears Throat.-

Kira: *blinks and looks down at the paper, having scribbled /Mello's/ real name* Um... can I have a head count in there? [[ XD ]]

L: What you can have is your feet moving to get me a strawberry sundae.

Misa Misa: =___=;; Mello is so immature. -Misa used a pheonix down-

./ / メロ ` м i ћ: Your Mom is immature!
Misa Misa: DON'T STEAL MISA'S WORD, YOU COMIC RELEIF CHARACTER!

L: Please, please, ladies. I'm sure there's a way we can settle this.

Kira: [[ xDDDD aw, as much as i wanna stay and continue this... er... conversation? i gotta go now. ]]

Misa Misa: [[ I SHOULD go. But I won't. ]]

./ / メロ ` м i ћ: [[ Oh noes. Lawliet just called me a Girl. ]]

Misa Misa: [[ you are a girl. ]]

./ / メロ ` м i ћ: [[ SHH. ]]

L: ((with that hair, fool anyone))

Misa Misa: [[ Aren't you? xD ]]

./ / メロ ` м i ћ: [[ SHHHH. ]]

Misa Misa: [[ o.o; My bad. ]]

./ / メロ ` м i ћ: [[ You ruined me. ]]

Kira: [[ Play nice, you guys! ]]

Well, that was just part 1. Maybe if they're up for it, a Part 2 will come up.
And yes I was Kira, if anyone noticed how odd 'He' was acting through the entire spoof. ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:40 am
i bought a death note in china town. after a while i wrote a name.

HE DIED. lol, jk  

Saint Hallow

Cress Sybellos

Nimble Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:53 pm
insanic_lollipop

HE DIED. lol, jk

...that makes me think.
What if someone DID write a name down, and that person (coincidentally) died of a heart attack (or whatever particular death written down)?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:02 pm
when i was in 5th grade(before i new death note existed) i was friends with a girl named...KIRA we wer friends for about a month then i relised wat a terriable person she was but my friends refused to listen to me and continued to be friends with her. not long after that she backstabed my friend in sevral differant ways such as spreading crazy rumors and telling my friends crush she liked him then proceding to go out with said crush. i wonder if her parents watched death note. anyways it was kinda wierd xp  

lovingaaragirl

Fluffy Inflatable Osaka

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:15 pm
DP_Fan14
insanic_lollipop

HE DIED. lol, jk

...that makes me think.
What if someone DID write a name down, and that person (coincidentally) died of a heart attack (or whatever particular death written down)?

User Image

I'd be terrified and burn it. sweatdrop

Here's £5. Buy Osaka something pretty while out killing monstahs.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:07 pm
Lol, If i can in like 13 years when I have a kid, If its a boy, Mihael, Girl, Misa.

Okay so i was at a B-Day with My freinds at a Lazer tag and You Get to name ur self and I convinced them to Be Aizawa Matsuda Ryuk Souichirou Sidou Mogi Kira...ETC. And I was totally Mello. Lol it was 2 stories, under ground and I was at top, them bottom, and Kira Ryuk Sidoh and I against the Police.  

Royal Muffin

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:25 pm
None of my friends are into anime like I am, so my obsessions are a little bit...alien to them.
I was at the mall today with my friends who do not like anime today, so I dragged them into the store that carries all the anime merch. After completely ravaging the anime section, I surfaced from the pile of books and plushies with a Death Note purse. It was the first Death Note-related thing I'd found and I was so psyched!
My friends were down some aisle somewhere, bashing a movie so I ran screaming up to them, waving this bag like it was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen and I screamed, "Oh my God! Look! It's a DEATH NOTE BAG!!!"
My friends pretty much just stared at me, so I said, "Okay, just humor me..."
And they did...rather half-heartedly. :[

The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas