Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
How do you get your inspiration? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold
  For me?
  No, for you silly! haha
View Results

Aalagon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:55 am
The best thing to get me motivated is a deadline. That normally works great except when there isn't anybody to give you a deadline.

So I'm probably going to steal all of your ways of inspiration. twisted  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:56 am
I browse art sites/portfolios, read webcomics, watch movies...especially if they're animated, listen to music(finding a new song usually jump starts it), or I draw with friends on group boards/drawing boards.

Anything that strikes a chord emotional really. There have been times that I've seen something in a cartoon or anime, even if it was a simple sky or sun beaming on a cup, it just gets me on creativity overdrive.

I'm also really interested in other cultures so I look at photographs, read up on it or watch documentaries.  

Rezseni

5,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Comet 2062

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:09 pm
I look at random photos/ideas and branch off of them.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:22 am
I'm highly influenced by the surrounding environment. I usually tend to be at my best inspiration-wise when I'm around other artists, whether they major in graphics, illustrations, fashions, crafts~ Pchat is a great way to be inspired to, talking things out in a casual environment while doodling whatever comes to mind.  

Hinabi

Dapper Dabbler

Cpt Issa Kazuma

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:33 pm
I will read for that expression or pose I need (manga)
Or play videogames to get my mind of it for a bit
I also do good on an art project if I'm doing two at a time
I don't know why thought neutral

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:17 am
I look at pictures and all the things around me to come up with ideas. Most of them come forom joking aroung with friends. 4laugh  

Risa_Mousy

Romantic Bloodsucker

10,250 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

Mokitty

9,650 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:17 am
[When I'm in a block, I watch TV or play videogames.
It takes my mind away from the art and 9 times out of 10 I come back to it with fresh ideas and a cheerful attitude.
]

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:41 am
For me...
I look at other people's art biggrin
and I study them. it may seem kinda weird cuz it's like copying them.
but of course I make my own stuff in my head. biggrin

or try drawing a head... save it..sometimes you get to finish it after some time XP

User Image

Visit my Deviantart biggrin [www.kaze-hiruno.deviantart.com]  

MEOWpongky

Morrosseth

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:43 am
Inspiration's every--it's just a matter of taking your pick. razz Which ones interest you the most. For me--I'm most productive when I roleplay. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:30 pm
i'd have to say i get most of my inspiration from my friends. we're a wacky silly lot. ad making fun of stuff is a large source for me. doing stuff that the chicks would like too? maybe?

haha when i feel stuck i try to do the total opposite of art. eat, stare at the wall take a nap watch dirty movies you know something else and then i come back with a fresh view on things
but if i must do it that very moment i listen to uptown girl and rub my earlobe . i know what you're thinking but it really works for me since i took the time to condition myself to feel that way under those circumstances. i only use them in the most dire of need mostly cause i'm really lazy  

Folken_Schezar
Crew

AERlUS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:18 pm
hmm usually its my emotion and experiences that inspire me /corny

but whenever i have a block i come here to gaia and draw avatars i like even if i never send said art to said person...
its just a way to have something to put on paper so i dont rust out
i hate going more than 3 days without drawing

like someone else said, sometimes i will also look at other peoples artwork for a bit of inspiration as well.
there is one artist here i absolutely adore...

buuut there are also times that i am just completley stuck in a overly thick bog of blockage
so i just put down the pencil till something comes my way  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:26 am
Ahhh inspiration. I actually keep lots of inspiration on hand, just because everything has a reference.

My biggest inspiration is the book "The Skillful Huntsman" by "Design Press Studios"

I love this book because it always inspires me for when i am doing concept art for anything i am drawing.  

Brent Da Supreme Overlord

C u p C a k 3 RainBoWz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:05 am
Usually when I am trying to find my inspiration, I go to what makes me happy. For example, if you are a painter and you're not quite sure what to paint, look at your other paintings and see where you got that inspiration from.

Its usually when you go back to your other inspirations that you find a new one. Sometimes nothing will come to you though. A lot of people ask me, "Well, what do I do now?"

What you need to do if this occurs, is lay down and try to go to sleep. As you are trying to do that, think about your previous inspirations, maybe play some music that helps you relax.

Your dreams are based off of sounds and thoughts. So while you are sleeping, you may have a dream of an idea. This usually works.

Please PM for further information if you please.
Also, I am open to any questions that you may have, it would be my pleasure to help.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:53 pm
I get my Ideas from Dreams that i have or nightmares. or when im just Looking at something. Enything pops in my head O.o  

Copic-Kun

Supportive Browser

Sazarac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:37 pm
I get my inspiration from music and poetry.

What to do while blocked I can't say. I'm getting off of a 3 year block. Yeah a bad one. To be fair to myself, the first 2 years I wasn't ABLE to work, the last year was just plain apathy. Self pity be damned. People, my advice is to have a good support group. You never know when you are gonna need a helping hand, or a swift kick in the a**.

SNAP! I totally forgot Myths and Legends. I love mythology.  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff