Reply Fantasy Books Guild
JRR Tolken Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VirmarIanosian

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:57 pm
I found Tolkein a good writer because he reverted to the old ways. He was a scholar of pre-middle age literature and followed the hero cycle to a T if you know what to look for.  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:44 pm
well i read the book =s and thought they were ok i know that for thier time they were revolutionary and i respect that but its not really my style...but the movies... eek *fans self oh they were amazing(not to mention AWESOME AND WONDERFULL)  

laaalalalalalalalalas

Harbone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:21 pm
Yes, Peter Jackson did a great job with the movies. I think his previous experience with horror really helped add an air of menace to the supernatural evil that the epic heroes faced, which is often lost on other fantasy projects. Also, his actors were very good lookin' - even the hobbits. Hell. Gandalf was good lookin'... some of the ORCS were good lookin' ... Golem was dang good...

ER... I'm getting creepy again, aren't I?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:29 am
yes just a little but im going to assume that you meant the costumes and the make up made them look convincing and thats what you meant by good...right?  

laaalalalalalalalalas

Merlinssister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:50 am
I still think tha it's a crime that Andy Serkis wasn't nominated for best actor at the Oscars, he was completely perfect and put his body and soul into it.
I love the books and the films for different reasons. The book I love because although it's hard to get into it is worth it when the story gets going, I love Tolkien's descriptions because they show you exactly what a place looks like in your head. I love the films because they are as close to the book as you could be, all of the actors they chose are brilliant and it can show you are more interesting side to some of the things which weren't explained as well in the book.
I think I'm done now
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:48 pm
Yeah. The, uh, costumes and the make-up. Yeah. That's what I meant.
(They need a little emoticon with shifty eyes.)  

Harbone

Bookwyrme

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:39 pm
Harbone

Isn't that pretty much what ninja is for?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:35 am
Harbone

Yep. You didn't feel sexually attracted to any of the male orcs at all ninja xd  

Merlinssister

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:41 pm
i really hope your not sexually attracted to the orcs sweatdrop not that would be disturbing but i agree with you merlinssister on the books and movies 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:24 pm
I read the hobbit by tolkien and that is about it beacuse my mother forced me to otherwise i couldnt go see the movies. still it was kind if sad they didnt do the hobbit as a movie...but i dont much care for his writing style.  

Shiama

Harbone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:48 pm
Bookwyrme
Harbone

Isn't that pretty much what ninja is for?

That's a ninja. I never feel like a ninja.

And some of the orcs were quite well built, thank you very much. The Orok-hai, for instance, had big, strong weight-lifter bodies absolutely to DIE for.

pirate  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:00 pm
ok actually it was the stuntmen who were well built in reality those muscles are not prosthetics
and there are rumors he may make the hobbit into a movie
and yes his style can be arduos at best but its a classic and revolutionary for its time and all that...i really didnt care that much about stewed rabbit though stare  

laaalalalalalalalalas

Merlinssister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:47 am
The stuntmen all seem pretty hot from what I saw of them in the extras of the DVDs apart from one who's actually a woman eek  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:35 pm
and the one that Viggo got chummy with who turned out to be a guy 4laugh i thought that was hilarious. seriously WATCH THE SPECIAL EDITION EXTRAS both informative and amusing and for those who have good job*thumbs up whee  

laaalalalalalalalalas

Merlinssister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Ladyknight1991
and the one that Viggo got chummy with who turned out to be a guy 4laugh i thought that was hilarious. seriously WATCH THE SPECIAL EDITION EXTRAS both informative and amusing and for those who have good job*thumbs up whee

And when Viggo and Billy kissed at Sam and Rosie's wedding. The look on Billy's face was priceless xd  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff