Submit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:30 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

It's not presented as a "oh God, life sucks, baaaah," (emo) way. I mean, what about Reel Big Fish lyrics? Plenty of that is as emo as it gets, but not once has anyone accused them of being anything close to emo.

Reel Big Fish is nothing compaired to Edna's Goldfish.

but the point is, if your music is good and happy sounding and all that, no one really cares if it might be emo lyrics. but whe nyour musics kinda iffy, then they're like. wtf. emo lyrics. f**.

Dance

Yes, that's very true. But I still say Streetlight doesn't write "emo" lyrics. Sure, they write about death, but they're not whining about life.

Yeah, but people get rather like OMG HE SAID DEAD. EMO!!!!!!!! hahaha, basically people hear anything close to emo and they scream. and with streetlight, well people tend to just look for things they can hate more and more.

Dance

I don't really understand why Streetlight is targeted so much. I swear people go out of their way to find flaws in the band.

Yes, yes they do. Main reason is the mass following of kids who love streetlight. most of them know NOTHING of ska, but say how they're totally a rude boy and know everything about ska. that pisses real ska kids(or rudies, if they prefer) off. Some people may also hate them because well, everything goes numb is pretty much the same 10 songs from keasbey nightrs. keasbey nights was a catch 22 cd, so they shouldn't write the same 10 songs. then when they re-did keasbey nights, that pissed em off more.

then there are people like me, who simply cannot stand their music. I will say the new cd is way better than EGN but I still dont' really like it.

Dance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:34 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

It's not presented as a "oh God, life sucks, baaaah," (emo) way. I mean, what about Reel Big Fish lyrics? Plenty of that is as emo as it gets, but not once has anyone accused them of being anything close to emo.

Reel Big Fish is nothing compaired to Edna's Goldfish.

but the point is, if your music is good and happy sounding and all that, no one really cares if it might be emo lyrics. but whe nyour musics kinda iffy, then they're like. wtf. emo lyrics. f**.

Dance

Yes, that's very true. But I still say Streetlight doesn't write "emo" lyrics. Sure, they write about death, but they're not whining about life.

Yeah, but people get rather like OMG HE SAID DEAD. EMO!!!!!!!! hahaha, basically people hear anything close to emo and they scream. and with streetlight, well people tend to just look for things they can hate more and more.

Dance

I don't really understand why Streetlight is targeted so much. I swear people go out of their way to find flaws in the band.

Yes, yes they do. Main reason is the mass following of kids who love streetlight. most of them know NOTHING of ska, but say how they're totally a rude boy and know everything about ska. that pisses real ska kids(or rudies, if they prefer) off. Some people may also hate them because well, everything goes numb is pretty much the same 10 songs from keasbey nightrs. keasbey nights was a catch 22 cd, so they shouldn't write the same 10 songs. then when they re-did keasbey nights, that pissed em off more.

then there are people like me, who simply cannot stand their music. I will say the new cd is way better than EGN but I still dont' really like it.

Dance

Yes, that is annoying. I always just hope that they'll eventually dig deeper into the genre. Streetlight is how I got a lot of my friends into ska. Of course, they all dug deep into ska afterwards.
As for Numb sounding like Keasbey, I couldn't disagree with you more. Keasbey is so much more... simple. Soooooo much more simple.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:37 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

Yes, that is annoying. I always just hope that they'll eventually dig deeper into the genre. Streetlight is how I got a lot of my friends into ska. Of course, they all dug deep into ska afterwards.
As for Numb sounding like Keasbey, I couldn't disagree with you more. Keasbey is so much more... simple. Soooooo much more simple.

I don't mean in the complexity of the music. I mean just musically in general, some certain horn lines, guitar parts, etc. and even lyrically in some instances

Dance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:38 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

I don't mean in the complexity of the music. I mean just musically in general, some certain horn lines, guitar parts, etc. and even lyrically in some instances

Dance

I only saw that in P/CP which was meant to be a 'sequel' to Keasbey.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:41 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

Haven't istened to the cd in like.. well since the like week it came out. listened to it like 3 times. just couldn't get into it and was like. wow this is pretty much keasbey nights.... I think there was another song that was lyrically similar to something off keasbey nights.. i don't remember what one.

Dance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:42 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

Haven't istened to the cd in like.. well since the like week it came out. listened to it like 3 times. just couldn't get into it and was like. wow this is pretty much keasbey nights.... I think there was another song that was lyrically similar to something off keasbey nights.. i don't remember what one.

Dance

Well, Jesus, give it another listen.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:47 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

Ehh, I'll pass. not into it. I mean its not like I listened once and was like. eh no. I gave it multiple tries. I just never cared for it at all. then it just started to be like. eck they ******** suck a**. they're one of those bands I cna't get into. like the mad caddies.

Dance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:50 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

Ehh, I'll pass. not into it. I mean its not like I listened once and was like. eh no. I gave it multiple tries. I just never cared for it at all. then it just started to be like. eck they ******** suck a**. they're one of those bands I cna't get into. like the mad caddies.

Dance

So it basically evolved from "eh," to "they suck a**."? It seems like other Streetlight haters influenced you A LOT.
Mad Caddies are more of an acquired taste, I think.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:56 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

So it basically evolved from "eh," to "they suck a**."? It seems like other Streetlight haters influenced you A LOT.

we;; the from Eh, to they suck a** was more of from it being overrated and a half. like I couldn't get into it and everyones like OMG its amazing. so I was like. uh ew no. and after so many people being like OMG LISTEN I'm like. OMG NO THEY SUCK a**. so yeah. blame the fans. lol. either way I wouldn't like them. and yeah idk, I just don't like the mad caddies. I guess its cuz they don't have any good songs. they have maybe 1 or two but like eh.

Dance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:04 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

we;; the from Eh, to they suck a** was more of from it being overrated and a half. like I couldn't get into it and everyones like OMG its amazing. so I was like. uh ew no. and after so many people being like OMG LISTEN I'm like. OMG NO THEY SUCK a**. so yeah. blame the fans. lol. either way I wouldn't like them. and yeah idk, I just don't like the mad caddies. I guess its cuz they don't have any good songs. they have maybe 1 or two but like eh.

Dance

Understandable, but I still don't think you should let other people sway your opinion so much. I have a friend who HATES ska with a burning passion, but I don't let him sway my opinion. Another example, a kid I HATE loves ska, and he's mad annoying, but just because he's annoying about some bands, that doesn't stop me from liking them.
Mad Caddies... I started only liking like 3 of their songs, but they REALLY grew on me. Their newest album is really good, too.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:07 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

Understandable, but I still don't think you should let other people sway your opinion so much. I have a friend who HATES ska with a burning passion, but I don't let him sway my opinion. Another example, a kid I HATE loves ska, and he's mad annoying, but just because he's annoying about some bands, that doesn't stop me from liking them.
Mad Caddies... I started only liking like 3 of their songs, but they REALLY grew on me. Their newest album is really good, too.

Well they haven't swayed my opinion that much really. I mean I never likes them. I will still admit that yeah, they are very talented and all, but they're just not my thing. but I will tend to say they suck a** because well I don't like them and people do a lot, so if people exaggerate their "awesomeness" I can exaggerate their shittyness. lol

Dance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:12 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

Well they haven't swayed my opinion that much really. I mean I never likes them. I will still admit that yeah, they are very talented and all, but they're just not my thing. but I will tend to say they suck a** because well I don't like them and people do a lot, so if people exaggerate their "awesomeness" I can exaggerate their shittyness. lol

Dance

Well, a lot of people do like them THAT much.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:16 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

Yeah I know. don't understand that. they're not good.

Frank and His Skunk Allstars
Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra

just examples of bands streetlight wishes it was. haha. they're actually orchestra's but they're good. they know how to use their sax's lol.

Dance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:19 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

just examples of bands streetlight wishes it was. haha. they're actually orchestra's but they're good. they know how to use their sax's lol.

Dance

Ah, TSPO.
They're amazing, but they have some weird a** songs, too. I love their cover of Caravan.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

Ah, TSPO.
They're amazing, but they have some weird a** songs, too. I love their cover of Caravan.

well they're from tokyo, what do you expect? hahaha. yeah they have some weirdd a** ******** songs. some of them are weird in a godo way. I like weird s**t. ESPECIALLY blue meanies. they're amazing. another great example of a band who knows how to use a sax. =]

Dance

Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces