Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Eragon, the trilogy. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

saxarat

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:19 pm
thereis going to be an eragon movie soon there is a website onit. i hope they dont ruin it for us all..... sigh. crying sad  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:11 am
I just got done reading the second one, Eldest. It was decent but i really like the first one, i thought it was better  

notloc_evest

VirmarIanosian

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:34 pm
I liked Eragon after I got into it. He had trouble with the entro (just like I am with my books). Eldest was wonderful and I'm waiting on the third.  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:38 pm
i have read both eragon and eldest.  

demon_of_blackfire

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:45 am
my sister thinks that the guy who plays eragon is sexy *shrugs* he's ok...cant wait to see how he looks when he's all elf like  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:30 am
I liked Eragon, But Eldest totally killed it. I'm reading it for the Seventh time. xD

User Image

!+Pocky Flavoured Ramen+!

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:59 pm
i thought Eldest was good. i even got my mom and my sister into it. i thought it was different but it was stil good  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:31 am
I read the first one. It was pretty good. It wasn't wow but I really liked it. I'm going to read Eldest as soon as I can.  

Arkyana

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:13 am
besides eldest had some eragon Arya fluff i was jujst like YAY! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:56 pm
I loved the both! It's kinda funny because it's like the basic fantasy story. BUT I LOVE IT!
I think his writing style is wounderful four such a young age.  

Tarren_Allin

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:36 pm
i agree 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:46 pm
The sword fighting was so unrealistic it made me cry. A few short training sessions ALMOST (note the almost) every night, for a couple months, and he's some sort of legendary swordsmaster all of a sudden? I almost killed myself laughing when I figured out the logic (or lack of thereof) behind that. Seriously? And it was the same guy he was fighting. The same technique, and an old man to boot. Just because Eragon beat down a stragley old man, he's all of a sudden quote: "rare and talented". puke.

And, plus, there were so many TINY things he tried to rip off exactly from LotR. For example, the different-colored smoke rings.

THEN in the sequel, of course, our young farmerboy hero has to have some overwhelming, seemingly impossible obstical to overcome to make him that much more awesome, and suddenly he isn;t mr.hoshit like wtf kung fu swordsman. There are a LOT of "people" who can beat him.

And jeeze, the author pulled a starwars. Serious. Kung fu bad guy is his father. hoooojeeze. The only way he could have made THAT worse was to have Morzan come back from the dead and announce it himself. Like seriously? if that happened, how can you steer it away from a "I am your father" line? -.-;;

What else have I not griped about... the races were so very steryotypical, with not enough imperfections. Eragon always knew what to say, and when to say it. No pauses, screw-ups, or stumbling. Uhm... the described fighting is pretty inacurate, and the physical condition (that stupid scar) was completely unrealistic (in the way the fits happened, I could tell they just happened when it wouldn't affect the story much. My bet is that an editor told him to get a couple plot setbacks) and unnecessary. I mean, if you took the damn thing out, it'd take away the disgrace with the elves, which was really all the author wanted. Oh, yes, now the elves have to honor him above all else too because he overcame the obsitcal. NO. Jayze.

But yeah, they were good books.

x.Marsh[mel]low.x

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:45 pm
....how does one respond to such a statement(and i mean disagree) without insulting the person who made it?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:17 pm
Present your arguments logically and reasonably, and refer to the book and not the person who made the statements?  

NightIntent
Captain

x.Marsh[mel]low.x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:44 pm
Ladyknight1991
....how does one respond to such a statement(and i mean disagree) without insulting the person who made it?

I'd find no insult if you presented a reasonable argument, that does not consist of "SHOMG YOU ARE SO STUPID I CANT BELIEVE ANYONE WOULD SAY THAT ABOUT SOMETHING SO AWESOME YOU MUST BE A GAY f** SO SCREW YOURSELF OVER!!!!111!!!one!!"

:nodnod:. as long as you're civil and reasonable about it, I'd like to hear how you disagree with me. I'm always up for an opinion change :shrug:. I hold nothing against you.

Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff