Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Manly Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are the guys in yaoi attractive?
  Yeah......
  No......
  Eh.....
View Results

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:03 pm
..yankees? xd  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:33 pm
Skizzors
..yankees? xd

It's what the Japanese call delinquent youth. I'm sure you've seen them in anime/manga before. The boys usually have bleached hair and/or pompadours and the girls usually have long skirts and wear face masks. I wanted to distinguish them from gang members because you can be in a gang and not be a youth.  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:41 am
Ohhhh. I was wondering why you were saying ALL Americans were capable of taking it up the a**. rofl

[/usually doesn't get things]  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:06 pm
Skizzors
Ohhhh. I was wondering why you were saying ALL Americans were capable of taking it up the a**. rofl

[/usually doesn't get things]

No it's fine. Yankee is a word that most Americans (at least) would associate with American cultural significance. I've just heard it use a lot in delinquent teenager anime and tend to forget that not everyone watches that kind of anime. ^^;  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:25 pm
I've only heard it used to describe Americans (or half-American, half-Japanese) in Japan who were either in gangs or just violent..  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:18 am
I love pretty little ukes and hot semes just don't go over board.  

aquaflame64

Tarren_Allin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:18 pm
I've noticed about the manly thing.
Sometimes its understandable when one of the characters look kinda a girl..
(and alot of times SUPER CUTE!)
But I'm not a big fan of when one of the Characters make a BIGGG deal about it and his like a 6'1 muscular man! BlAH.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:17 am
No, I'm fine with tall, thin, and effemine.  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Vaginal Blockade

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:42 pm
Haha, I would love a happy medium : ) Some arm muscle on an mostly thin guy with some broad shoulders, eh?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:45 pm
It's a shame, but yaoi is hardly realistic at all.
Bishies sell. That's all.  

Kaiju Koi

Miyanda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:25 am
I usually hate guys with too many muscles...I especially hate it in yaoi....but some guys can have a lot of muscles and still be hot.

I prefer "girly boys" in yaoi though and "average" or "different but not with too many muscles" or whatever in real life. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:36 am
KaitouKunoichi
It's a shame, but yaoi is hardly realistic at all.
Bishies sell. That's all.

Here Here! like in gravatation, who drinks Viniger(spelling?)?  

[`Novacaine]

Devout Explorer

6,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Team Edward 100

Princess Karis

7,950 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:27 pm
Gravitation...has a sexy guy(Yuki) and a girly-looking one (Shuichi) PINK HAIR. eek but it's not too extreme, and I love it! 3nodding

But I love Loveless even more! It's a uhmm, a shounen-ai between a 20 year-old man (Soubi) that doesn't look like a girl, but is a...very sexy man that has no showing muscles, no facial/chest hair, and a 12 year old 6th grader. (Ritsuka) whee Sorry if I like ***** in anime/manga! And my friends call me a *****... crying i'm just 14! mad I think it's such a fluffy, angsty, adorable, heart-moving anime...Soubi's amazingly sexy-hot, and Ritsuka is sooooo huggable, kidnappable, chainable, playable, teasable, rap- eek erm... twisted  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:00 pm
Princess Karis
Sorry if I like ***** in anime/manga! And my friends call me a *****... crying i'm just 14! mad I think it's such a fluffy, angsty, adorable, heart-moving anime...Soubi's amazingly sexy-hot, and Ritsuka is sooooo huggable, kidnappable, chainable, playable, teasable, rap- eek erm... twisted
I don't like Soubi/Ritsuka, but Seimei/Ritsuka on the other hand.. ninja

Teenage ***** unite! scream heart Kidding.  

Skizzors
Crew

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:23 pm
Well, I have to say I don't like reading BL manga that much. The art style is... Ah, a bit too shoujo for me. And the effeminate thing is rather annoying. But I don't think I'd much like bara, either.

So. Yeah, I like slash. That's not to say I don't coo over bishies like there's no tomorrow sometimes.
I'm a sucker for androgenous boys with long hair.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff