Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
RAT FISHING! And other dreams with questionable significance Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:39 am
TeaDidikai
Could have also harkened back to the pomegranate seeds that were in the salad, soup and on the alter.

Very true. Still think it's a neat dream, though. You were wearing all white, and looked puuuurdy. xd heart  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:21 pm
BlueRoseTorn
You were wearing all white
Heh. Dollars to doughnuts you'll never see that in real life. wink  

TeaDidikai

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:22 pm
TeaDidikai
BlueRoseTorn
You were wearing all white
Heh. Dollars to doughnuts you'll never see that in real life. wink

Don't doubt it. Same goes for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:30 am
About dream dictionaries, other than a good laugh what are they good for? It seems to me that dream symbols are based quite heavily on life experiences or perceptions.

ex. I love snakes, Im going to school for wildlife science, if I have a dream about a large snake its going to be a lot different than my grandmother (who hates snakes and is scared to death of them) dreaming about a snake  

glindella

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:05 am
glindella
About dream dictionaries, other than a good laugh what are they good for? It seems to me that dream symbols are based quite heavily on life experiences or perceptions.
For some situations, one could argue this is very valid.

However- one can also argue that cultural understandings of symbols can be present in dreams just as much as personal understandings.

And then there are some classic metaphors that were studied at the turn of the Twentieth Century that were show to have enough "common meaning" that they can be useful.

Most of the time when someone looks at a dream you'll see them ask questions about the dream to get an idea of where the basis for the symbolism stems.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:26 pm
For the first time in almost two months, I can't remember my dreams from the previous night. Isaac says I was speaking very quickly in my sleep for a good portion of the night, and he's quite certain it wasn't English. gonk

Edited to add: I just think jibberish sounds kind of scary. I don't like the thought of me spouting that nonsense in my sleep. *shiver*  

queertastrophy

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:54 am
BlueRoseTorn

Edited to add: I just think jibberish sounds kind of scary. I don't like the thought of me spouting that nonsense in my sleep. *shiver*
Not something I would worry about myself. Jibberish (if that is what it is) can be a useful tool of dreams to process abstract thoughts.

I'd be interested if it sounded like another language though.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:54 am
TeaDidikai
BlueRoseTorn

Not something I would worry about myself. Jibberish (if that is what it is) can be a useful tool of dreams to process abstract thoughts.

Tape it and find out. biggrin  

Maze

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:52 pm
Maze

That would be neat.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:12 pm
Okay, odin dream updated: I remembered a lot more of the dream the more I thought about it.

I was walking home, and there were THOUSANDS of 'poisonous' caterpillars everywhere. Thats bad enough for the average person, but considering my fear of caterpillars is practically a phobia, it's worse for me.
Then I was going to take part in a 'project runway' style dress making show. This was when I found my Odin tape measure.
I drew a really pretty midnight blue dress that I planned to make, but I suddenly realised I had no idea how to make dresses. I decided to blunder through anyway, but there was no material I wanted to use.

My final dress was VERY simply made and full of mis-matching colours xp  

patch99329

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:38 am
Maze
TeaDidikai
BlueRoseTorn

If I keep doing it with regularity, I just might. Hasn't happened since the post I made, thankfully.

I dreamt last night, though, of a zombie apocalypse. Hopefully, this isn't a sign of things to come. But then again, I watch horror movies like they're crack. So... gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:30 am
patch99329
Okay, odin dream updated: I remembered a lot more of the dream the more I thought about it.

I was walking home, and there were THOUSANDS of 'poisonous' caterpillars everywhere. Thats bad enough for the average person, but considering my fear of caterpillars is practically a phobia, it's worse for me.

Did you actually see your home as you approached? Did you make it inside?

Quote:
Then I was going to take part in a 'project runway' style dress making show. This was when I found my Odin tape measure.
I drew a really pretty midnight blue dress that I planned to make, but I suddenly realised I had no idea how to make dresses. I decided to blunder through anyway, but there was no material I wanted to use.

How did you feel about the dress?  

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:34 am
TeaDidikai
patch99329

Did you actually see your home as you approached? Did you make it inside?
Yup, I left soon after to go to the dress competiton.

Quote:
Quote:

How did you feel about the dress?

I felt that it was a real let down, an embarrassment and completely inadequate to everyone elses. It, wasn't what I had planned at al.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:52 am
Hipshot guess:

The dream is actually addressing personal frustration with your theological studies.

The home as a representation of your psychie, shows you going to your room to craft something- your personal room being a representation of your "true self" the inner part of you that is addressed when one thinks of "who" they are rather than "what" they are.

The inability to craft something based on a lack of knowledge strikes me as a metaphor for lacking personal objective direction.

The caterpillars being a sign of external doubts and fears- the idea that others might consider you "wrong" for your beliefs can be a harsh reality. Everyone wants validation after all.

So you leave your "comfort zone" to go out and put your beliefs on trial. They're (pardon the pun) patchwork and aren't meeting your standards of satisfaction.

If you like and read a lot of Deo's posts- I would almost suggest you envy her ability to have solid research and UPG of her gods- hence why turning to a measuring tape with Odin's name on it. You're making a comparison between your ability to craft your spiritual life and how you see her ability to craft it.

If this much sounds correct- I would hope you could take comfort in the fact that even the most grounded sane people in this guild (like Deo) have doubts and questions.

On the other hand, I could be way off base.  

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:26 am
You hit the nail on the head for the most part.
The bit about deo, I would suggest is more that, in future, I wish to have a relationship with deity. Like deo and many others have aleready.
I wouldn't say it was envy, but it certainly highlights my aims.

Since the dream, things have changed.
Earlier this month I accepted some things, and I have started making the first baby step towards developing a relationship with a deity. smile

I'm gonna start wearing a foil hat, you can see into my miiiind xD  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces