Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
I think you'll find this highly interesting. . . Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:55 pm
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Ayame_Rikimayu

america tends to do that anyway, so its not like it really matters in the end. people are gonna be pissed no matter what you do, there's no way that you can please EVERYBODY.
so its kinda hard to find a solution that everybody can deal with.

That's exactly why I decided not to go into politics.

Its why I should go into politics, but won't because I'm honest.
So do we need more or less people like you? If we had more, maybe they could switch things around.
Well to clarify, I'm honest in the perfectly blunt way, as in if someone... lets say some family wanted to sue a band for making their kid kill themselves, I'd throw the case out on the grounds that the band did not give the kid a gun then tell them force the kid to hold it to his head and pull the trigger.

So as you can imagine, I wouldn't be getting the Christian vote and sadly logical people are out numbered by those claiming moral high ground in this world. I'd lose every election dismally, despite my policies making the most sense, because I wouldn't appeal to family sensibilities and values. So no sense in trying if the world doesn't want a logical leader.
You'd get my vote, which, with the current american system, would count for absolutley nothing.... stare
Especially given I'm not american. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:15 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San

So do we need more or less people like you? If we had more, maybe they could switch things around.
Well to clarify, I'm honest in the perfectly blunt way, as in if someone... lets say some family wanted to sue a band for making their kid kill themselves, I'd throw the case out on the grounds that the band did not give the kid a gun then tell them force the kid to hold it to his head and pull the trigger.

So as you can imagine, I wouldn't be getting the Christian vote and sadly logical people are out numbered by those claiming moral high ground in this world. I'd lose every election dismally, despite my policies making the most sense, because I wouldn't appeal to family sensibilities and values. So no sense in trying if the world doesn't want a logical leader.
You'd get my vote, which, with the current american system, would count for absolutley nothing.... stare
That part too. You should be proud of that. *starts looking for property for sale in Sweden*  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:31 pm
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San

That part too. You should be proud of that. *starts looking for property for sale in Sweden*
I don't know, don't have much to be proud of by being English either to be honest. *Starts house hunting in New Zealand.*  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:47 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San

I don't know, don't have much to be proud of by being English either to be honest. *Starts house hunting in New Zealand.*
I don't even want to go to college here...*checks international studies savings*  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:58 pm
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San

I don't even want to go to college here...*checks international studies savings*
Maybe you could get a scholar ship?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:24 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
I'm hoping to get one actually, but just incase I don't, you know. No harm in saving for the future.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:39 am
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
I'm hoping to get one actually, but just incase I don't, you know. No harm in saving for the future.
Aye, thats true enough. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:36 pm
they used to have a restriction on the color black when my friend was in high school. They wrote him up for wearing black two days in a row. I could definatly regal you with all kinds of horror stories about my redneck school. I think the most ridiculos was when I got sent to the office because my teacher thought there were faces in a shirt that I was wearing with celtic knotwork. The vice principal actually told me to tell her to stop wasting her time.  

lyssiah

Kyouka_Maiden_Rei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:45 pm
oh wow
thats like stopping freedom of speech and rights or something
how someone dresses should not be a problem like that stressed  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:01 am
Chujitsu-na-Rei
oh wow

Actually, if someone walked into your school, with combat fatigues, flak armour, trench coat and a shotgun hanging at their side, I think at that point, you might want to start putting guidelines in effect. You have to look at it from the view of directors.

"s**t... Columbine, that one in germany and V-Tech... how do we prevent it from happening here?... lets ban all things associated with those incidents."  

Rellik Chan

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:08 pm
Rellik Chan
Chujitsu-na-Rei
oh wow

Actually, if someone walked into your school, with combat fatigues, flak armour, trench coat and a shotgun hanging at their side, I think at that point, you might want to start putting guidelines in effect. You have to look at it from the view of directors.

"s**t... Columbine, that one in germany and V-Tech... how do we prevent it from happening here?... lets ban all things associated with those incidents."

xd Yah, let's start psychoanalysing people, to determine if they can enter/graduate highschool.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:11 am
XWraith_LordX
Rellik Chan
Chujitsu-na-Rei
oh wow

xd Yah, let's start psychoanalysing people, to determine if they can enter/graduate highschool.

Why not, I'm all for psycho analysing people before they have kids or buy a computer.  

Rellik Chan

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:57 am
Well, that'll be hard to enforce since 'goth' can mean such different things to different people. Not all goths wear band shirts, not all goths wear black all the time, etc.

They'll have to ban all black, all leather, all lace and all velvet I guess. Oh yeah, and all makeup. Can't have any of that! rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:40 am
I live in Florida too, but I must ask, where do you live? I have never heard of this story before. I live in Ormond. We don't get The Florida Today, but for something that big, it should be in more than one newspaper.

I support your side, though. 4laugh  

TerminalStarSlayer

Neon~Starshine

Questionable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:32 am
That's what you get when you let Christians be on the school board.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff