Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplaying
(-(-(Hunters of the Eternal Night)-)-) (NEED NONHUMANS) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Milquetoast82

4,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:59 pm
Noltic
Noltic hopped out of the truck, and fixed the man training a shotgun on his chest with a cold stare. he didnt much like being threatened when he was here to help, but precautions were neccessary.

"He let the men direct him to te gate, but when the man moved to takle his weapons, he grabbed his wrist...

"I dont like people pointing guns at me, and i like being unarmed even less. I'll pass whatever test you want, but i could just as easily break into this place as walk in the gate... doesnt that count for anything?"
The man simply said "No" and barked a command. Another soldier slammed the butt of his rifle into the back of Noltic's head, none to gently, knocking him unconscious. Jayne cursed under his breath as they dragged the man's now-unarmed body into a guardhouse. And, for some strange reason, kinda hoped the guy'd be okay. Probably because this whole thing was his fault. But still, the guy was too attached to his weapons... It doesn't really matter which specific one you have, so long as you have one when you leave town. "DON'T fight them. It's not worth it." He hissed to the animal woman before she got any ideas in her head.

((Sorry for the god-mod, I really truly mean it. Sorry.))  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:17 pm
((Needs Non-Humans you say?))

Noltic woke later, in a dimly lit green room. He looked around there was a two way mirror on the wall, but obviously the people in it werent too smart, the moniors glowing made them visible. Then it clicked.

He looked at his armns to find tubes circulating his blood... they must know by now... but the blood was so entrancing.. it looked beautiful... almost god-like... then he wrenched his face away from it, a look of pain blurring his features... He stood and pulled the tubes from his arm. He looked straight into the window...

"If you dont know, i have a touch of the disease, but im tougher than most and fought it off before it ate my mind.... I've hat it for the better part of a year and a half. Now we all know that it doesnt last that long before you change completely. I wont be tested, you have a sample of my blood, let me go...."

The stunning realization that he stood half naked wearing only his pants, hit him hard. He was unarmed, and though a bit tougher than the fragile humans, he didnt have claws like the creatures.... he felt completely helpless....  

Noltic

Milquetoast82

4,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:48 pm
Noltic
((Needs Non-Humans you say?))

Noltic woke later, in a dimly lit green room. He looked around there was a two way mirror on the wall, but obviously the people in it werent too smart, the moniors glowing made them visible. Then it clicked.

He looked at his armns to find tubes circulating his blood... they must know by now... but the blood was so entrancing.. it looked beautiful... almost god-like... then he wrenched his face away from it, a look of pain blurring his features... He stood and pulled the tubes from his arm. He looked straight into the window...

"If you dont know, i have a touch of the disease, but im tougher than most and fought it off before it ate my mind.... I've hat it for the better part of a year and a half. Now we all know that it doesnt last that long before you change completely. I wont be tested, you have a sample of my blood, let me go...."

The stunning realization that he stood half naked wearing only his pants, hit him hard. He was unarmed, and though a bit tougher than the fragile humans, he didnt have claws like the creatures.... he felt completely helpless....
A voice came over the speaker in the celling. "Yeah, we noticed. Get outta here. You have nothin' to do with the son of a b***h 'was trying to blow up our town." A soldier opened a door in the side of the room and tossed him a shirt. "Come on, don't waste our time." He said indicating the dim and grimy town beond the door. Jayne was nowhere in sight. Nor was the truck. "You can pick up your weapons again when you leave."

((Yes. Non-humans. Like critters that hate them.))  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:03 pm
Maria groaned as she stretched her arms above her head. That last engine she worked on was a tough one. It was so coated with grime and other stuff that it had taken several scrub downs to get it off, and it still wasn't fully off.

Oh, well. The guy hadn't said how clean he wanted it, and it would work better now anyway. As long as he didn't know, she'd get her money.

It took a while to get the eninge back in the truck, but when she did, she literaly ran out of her temp shop, only pausing to lock it up behind her.

Maria's Little Engine Shop was her temporary buisness until she finished learning under Mr. Calibab. She had opened it when she learned that all the students had to earn their room and board in various ways. Most of the girls- and a few of the younger boys- had chosen prostitution, but she would never do that. She was too proud to do something so demeaning.

'I hope Ol' Jack saved my spot for me at the bar' she thought as she turned down another corner.  

Jason_Grey

Friendly Prophet

Milquetoast82

4,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:14 pm
Jayne was sitting, surprisingly enough, in a small, dirty bar. It had taken him hours to convince them that he wasn't Empire. Hell, he was amazed they had even heard of the new threat. Well, at least they hadn't taken his guns or the box from the very back of the truck. He smiled slightly as he drank his moonshine. It tasted of iron. Well, it WAS Oretown... But they had taken his goods. Most of 'em anyway. Damn bastards were probably sellin' 'em right now... He decided not to worry too overly much about it and grabbed the cracked salt-shaker from the bar in front of him and proceeded to apply the powder within on the deep cuts he had gotten during interrogation. He winced slightly and took another swig of his drink.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:53 pm
It was a long run from her shop to the local bar, and Maria was sweating when she finally arrived. She took a deep breath of the chilly air and smiled slightly. It was just another night in Oretown. It didn't occur to her that it might also be her last.

Taking in another deep breath, she stepped inside the bar.

It smelled of moonshine and dirt inside the nameless bar. Dimly lit, and sparsly furnished, it was the most homey place in this town. At least it was in her opinion.

Maria's eyes scanned the room. There weren't many people here tonight, oddly enough. Most of the time it was filled to the brim with men and a few women who wanted to drink their troubles away. In fact, the only people in there were a few very drunk men in brown coats, and a very battered looking man at a table.

She blinked through the smoke that was coming from the fireplace. That man wasn't sitting at any table; He was sitting at HER table. The one she pratically sold her soul to keep reserved.

Anger flowed through her for a moment, until she saw him pick up the salt and put it on the cuts on his hands. The anger flowed out her feet and into the floor. She couldn't yell at him now. Not while he was hurt.

She sighed, and sat down next to him. "Yo," she said casually, signalling what she wanted to the bartender.  

Jason_Grey

Friendly Prophet

Milquetoast82

4,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:11 pm
Jayne looked up at the girl. Thirteen, fourteen maybe. Born after SeHoW. He almost felt sorry for her. She didn't even have any memories of how the world was before the war. "Evenin' miss. Ya seemed pretty worked up 'bout somethin' back there. If ya want, I'll take my leave. Don't want any more trouble today." He said, deciding that his drink was more interesting to look at than the girl. He had already gotten way too close with two people today. He didn't really need a third.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:28 pm
"Nah, it's no trouble. I'd like some company." Maria said, smiling.

The bartender shouted, "I'm all out of juice, kid. Sure you don't want a-"

"NO THANKS 'KEEPS!" she shouted right back, "I'LL TAKE ANY OTHER NON-ALCHOLIC BEVS YOU HAVE!"

Coughing a little, she turned back to the man. "So, who are ya?"  

Jason_Grey

Friendly Prophet

Milquetoast82

4,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:39 pm
He looked up. Just friendly probably. "Jayne K. Cobb. Transporter. I take the s**t people want delivered and take it te somewhere equally as shitty. Least, s'what I used to do. A'fore the townsfolk started boardidn' 'emselved in. It won't help you know. The critters 're bound te get in eventually. Then-" He pretended to crush something in his hand. "Poof. No more humans. Anyway, I'm becoming more of a scavenger every time I got out." He drank down the last of his moonshine and set the half of a plastic water bottle he'd been drinking out of down and looked directly at her. His green eyes were as alert as always.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:55 pm
Smiling, Maria offered a gloved hand out to him. "Maria Soclair, mechanic, inventor, and gen'ral all-'round handy man." She giggled a little, " Or woman, depending on who you ask."

'He has nice eyes' she thought dimly. She then realised what had gone through her head and began to mentally slam her brain against a table. 'No! Bad brain! No hormonal teenage thoughts!'

She sighed. "Yeah, being a dying race sucks. If only people weren't so stupid we might hava chance."  

Jason_Grey

Friendly Prophet

Milquetoast82

4,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:10 pm
Jayne gave sort of a 'what the hell' shrug and shook the girls hand. "Pleased to make your acquaintance." He lied, or at least, he thought he was lieing. "Yep, s'why I spend so much time outside. I feel safer out there." his voice got a bit quieter. "'Feel more free. Fewer reminders of the fact that no matter how shitty things get, they keep gettin' worse." He sighed. "Bein' alone that long messes with ya though. Ya start seein' things." He said. "Like talking animal girls..." he muttered under his breath.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:31 pm
"Huh? What was that?" Maria asked, but she got the feeling he wouldn't tell her what he meant. Men were like that, she supposed.

"Oi, Maria! I've got your drink!" the bartender shouted, waving a bottle around in the air.

She grinned. "Be right back," she said to the man, and got up, her golden cross swaying a little. When she came back, she pulled a stray lock of hair that fell out of its place out of her eye and smiled. Setting her drink on the table, she sat back down.

"So, where ya from?" she asked, idely toying with her cross.  

Jason_Grey

Friendly Prophet

Milquetoast82

4,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:36 pm
"Put that away! Now!" Jayne hissed. "D'ya know how much that's worth here?!? D'ya know what people'd do for something that valuable?" He didn't know why he cared, but he did. "Where'd ya get something like that anyhow? They don't just sell those at the market..."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:40 pm
Maria's left eye twitched a little. It was nice that he cared, but honestly...

"It's fake. The church couldn't afford real gold of any kind." She smirked, "Besides, they know better then to mess with a student of Mr. Calibab."  

Jason_Grey

Friendly Prophet

Milquetoast82

4,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:52 pm
Jason_Grey
Maria's left eye twitched a little. It was nice that he cared, but honestly...

"It's fake. The church couldn't afford real gold of any kind." She smirked, "Besides, they know better then to mess with a student of Mr. Calibab."
He leaned back in his chair, sighing slightly. "Calibab? The town grease monkey? Damn, you must be pretty good huh." He smiled slightly. "Good to know not every girl nowadays is a whore. I swear, no self respect..." he said "Musta been raised when churches still existed right? Before they were all overrun?"  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff