Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Charon's Lab (Discuss game glitches here).
Opinions on hacked Pokemon. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mikado ~King of the Light

Hallowed Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:23 am
It depends really. I only recently started using action replay on my games (bf owed one way before me) and I only use it to get shinys, but that is for personal use. I only have one other friend in my town that plays pokémon as well and sure we trade the pokémon between ourselves, but aside form altering them being shiny we don't use stat boosting cheats.

She uses one cheat that enables her to see IV points and such values, but that's only for training purposes. Again, personal use and it doesn't alter the game play aside from getting fancy pokémon easier.

Of course, using it to put lvl 1 pokémon up on the GTC that shouldn't be able to be obtainable that lvl is of course no fun for anyone cept maybe those whom want to power that pokémon to the max.  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:32 am
My opinion about hacking? Dont care to be honest.
People choose how to live their lives, and if they want to hack let them hack. If they want to play legit, let them play legit.
Everyone has their own way of doing things and having fun, no matter how many people disagree with them and their decisions.
You may look down on hackers call them a low-life/no-life/etc. And realize you are no better than them, for insulting players and their play style. I mean it's a game we're talking about lol, who cares what people do. xd Vice versa for the hackers towards legit players.
Sure I agree with playing legit is more fun. And it is. 3nodding
But there will always be those people who rather have the easy way out.

As stated in the beginning this is all my opinion, I play games for fun, not for extra stress worrying about hacked pokemon -_-
Also if you fear pokemon in the GTS being hacked, dont trade there. Simple. 3nodding
Leave your room/cave/dungeon and go make some real friends who also play pokemon and trade with them. eek
-Looks around- WAIT! We're in a Pokemon Guild! we can trade amongst ourselves! and not worry about hacks! rolleyes
Just using some common sense. sweatdrop
Okay I'm done for now. xd  

Jerzeeboii

Jerzeeboii

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:49 am
LinkSage
I don't see the point of it. I mean, if you want to cheat in game, that's your own business. But keep it on your own bloody game. Using hacks on wifi is just low and makes you look like a lazy jerk. Raising your team is half the challenge--the battle itself is a test of the result. It makes winning all the more sweeter if you did everything from breeding, making the moveset and EV-training yourself.

I've got a couple pokemon from the GTS that I know are hacked. One being a shiny gallade that was "apparently met at lvl 100." The poor thing has disgustingly terribly IVs though, and obviously no EV training, so it's useless to me. I only keep it for the extra OT number and higher chance of winning the lottery. The other one is a leafeon--seems legit, but it obviously raised with rare candies. Bad IVs, and no EV training. Again, useless to me. I love the eevee evolutions though, so he's sitting in my box just looking pretty.

Not to say I don't abuse glitches...^_^" I have made quite a few clones, mostly just to make copies of TMs, or so I could save myself time and keep a pokemon I like at lvl 50, while raising the copy beyond that point, or giving it a different moveset, etc. I don't mind hacks like unlimited TMs and whatnot--since unfortunately a lot of good, competitive movesets rely on them. If I had an AR, though, that's be the ONLY thing I would do. Even masterballs are useless in DP. I've yet to use mine, and I've caught all the legends in the game that are available right now (except regigigas, since I don't have access to the regis).

It says met at lvl 100, cause thats the lvl you received it as. 3nodding
I do quite a few trades a day, it will always say what lvl you received it as.
I forget what it says when you received it as an egg, but I do remember theres something about an egg in the description. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:05 pm
I played pokemon platinum in an emulator (I don't have the game), I finished, and only at that moment I started to use AR.

Personally, I only use AR when I finish the game, for personal porpouse, like get shinys, events, items, rare pokemon, and sometimes pokeballs, I never use to change stats and those things, for pokemon, I only make them appear with AR, the rest I capture them normally.

My little cousin finished platinum and completed the regional pokedex, all by himself, trading and fighting with his friends, quite remarcable XDDD. I have other cousin, his friends use AR and GS, one of them have 4 arceus, and other a shaymin, I dunno if they trade those hacked pokemon, but they use them to fight between them.

I use the AR only for the lulz, at the end of the game, but like some here said "if you wanna cheat, cheat. If you wanna play legally, play legally" sort of.  

Homura Himiko

Greedy Raider

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
Charon's Lab (Discuss game glitches here).

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games