Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
what is the worst band that has ever reached ur goth ears? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

which would be the worst part?
  being dragged to a concert of a sucky band
  eating a bowl of live worms
View Results

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:45 am
Well i'm not really sure but there are a few i really hate.
Paris Hilton (she shouldn't have even tried)
Avril Lavigne (Punk?.... Nah)
Eminem (Self explanatory)
Jessica Simpson (For crying outloud.....)
MCR (Overrated)

and a few more from the same style.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:51 pm
Plain White Tees

D;  

MEOWITSTERRA

-Sylvia Blank Page-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:51 pm
Cradle of Filth.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:50 am
I hate:
Evanescence
Nightwish
Trivium
Linkin Park
My Chemical Romance
Alice in Chains
HIM
Good Charlotte
Pussycat Dolls
Kelly Clarkson
Avril Lavigne
Fergie
Eminem
50 Cent

There's more I'm sure.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:53 am
Rellik San
Tusyo
any rap (it's just one letter away from crap anyway). Hip Hop, R&B, etc. Makes me want to tear my ear drums out.

You know I never understood this, what do you people have against all rap? Sure the mainstream stuff sucks, but some of it is really really good. Goths of all people should be open minded about these things.

I like old rap, back when it meant something. It used to be about having it rough and dealing with racism. Now it's about all the money they have and how many hoes they bang.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:29 pm
MAN OH MAN.

ICP
Fall Out Boy
My Chemical Romance
Metallica
The Gothsicles
Avril LaPrene
All American Rejects
Green Day
Good Charlotte
HIM
etc

@spooky_sez: I'm going to show you some lyrics from an older rap song, back when it "meant something".

Wu Tang
Yeah, yo, aight Pass the meth!
(nizzuh nzza punk nigguh, yeah!)
Yeah, aight kick the raw style, yeah
Fly that ******** sack

Shame on a *****
who try to run game on a *****
Wu buck wild with the trigger!
Shame on a *****
Wu buck- I ******** yo' a** up! What?

Now, admittedly, I love Wu-Tang Clan. No joke. I adore them. Hell, I like a lot of rap, but a lot of "old rap" is just as meaningless as a lot of the newer rap. Age doesn't justify lyricism. There is a lot of good, intelligent rap from both back in the day and nowadays.  

Sharing Heartbeats

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:14 am
A Kiss To Say Hello
MAN OH MAN.

ICP
Fall Out Boy
My Chemical Romance
Metallica
The Gothsicles
Avril LaPrene
All American Rejects
Green Day
Good Charlotte
HIM
etc

@spooky_sez: I'm going to show you some lyrics from an older rap song, back when it "meant something".

Wu Tang
Yeah, yo, aight Pass the meth!
(nizzuh nzza punk nigguh, yeah!)
Yeah, aight kick the raw style, yeah
Fly that ******** sack

Shame on a *****
Wu buck wild with the trigger!
Shame on a *****
Wu buck- I ******** yo' a** up! What?

Now, admittedly, I love Wu-Tang Clan. No joke. I adore them. Hell, I like a lot of rap, but a lot of "old rap" is just as meaningless as a lot of the newer rap. Age doesn't justify lyricism. There is a lot of good, intelligent rap from both back in the day and nowadays.

Yes, but compare the rap which was popular at the time, lets take for example NWA's '******** Tha Police' a very popular song at the time and compare it too 50 Cents 'Candy Shop' also a very popular song;

N.W.A. - ******** Tha Police
Comin straight from the underground
Young ***** got it bad cuz I'm brown
And not the other color so police think
They have the authority to kill a minority

50 Cent - Candy Shop
You can have it your way, how do you want it
You gon' back that thing up or should i push up on it
Temperature rising, okay lets go to the next level
Dance floor jam packed, hot as a teakettle
I'll break it down for you now, baby it's simple
If you be a nympho, I'll be a nympho

But then again consider something like Eminems Toy Soldiers (even though i don't like the song myself) Hell, consider every other one of Eminems songs, they have a political or societal sub-text or are representative of something close to him. Songs such as; Stan, Mosh and the Way I Am.
The lets compare that to his 90's peer.... Vanilla Ice.... who sung such a meaningful song with lines like; "You Ice is back I got a brand new invention." "To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle." moving no?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:40 am
Pop... HATE! HATEHATEHATE! (at least when the artists encourage teenage girls to strut around in half naked pink s**t.... oh god... but most other pop too)

Christian 'rock'
If they want to strangle the airways with this crap, fine, but don't put it on every station (especially not my precious alternative rock station!!!)

Rap
Pretty much any rap that I've heard is talking about banging hoes, bling bling, degrading women, or shooting people, or being shot... And, of course, half the countries youth (or more) decide it's a good idea to play this full blast out of their PHONES! During art class... GAH! So much hate... (not the good stuff about racism towards blacks. that's tolerable) Not only that, but it encourages young kids to destroy the english language to a CONSIDERABLE degree. (I swear, I hear on more 'wazzup mah homboi', or 'yo ***** a** ********' I'm going to break someone's face in...)

RnB
Who wants to hear a guy complain about his life in a high pitched squeal with a very bad background beat? What, 3/4's of the country? Most of it's platinum albums? GRAAAHG!

Whatever Green Day, fallout boy, linkin park, and the rest fall under...
It's just... so bad... I can't even describe it... They find a way to combine preachiness with ignorance about what they're preaching... it's just... so... horrible.  

Bloody Loon

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:09 pm
Kaishi Kyouki
Pop... HATE! HATEHATEHATE! (at least when the artists encourage teenage girls to strut around in half naked pink s**t.... oh god... but most other pop too)

Pop is a song structure and tone. It really doesn't have anything to do with visual style or themes. There certainly is bad pop out there... but there's a lot of good pop too.

Kaishi Kyouki
Christian 'rock'
If they want to strangle the airways with this crap, fine, but don't put it on every station (especially not my precious alternative rock station!!!)

Christian rock isn't really a style. It's just a general term taken on by rock artists who wish to convey Christian messages. Hell- I suspect there are artists you yourself like that convey the same messages, just without publically recognizing their religion. I suspect almost everyone does like at least a few subversively Christian artists.

The Cure, for example, are pretty heavy-laden with Christian subtext.

Kaishi Kyouki
Rap
Pretty much any rap that I've heard is talking [stereotypes]

Then you probably haven't heard much rap.

Kaishi Kyouki
And, of course, half the countries youth (or more) decide it's a good idea to play this full blast out of their PHONES! During art class... GAH!

That's a reflection of the fans, not the music.

Kaishi Kyouki
Not only that, but it encourages young kids to destroy the english language to a CONSIDERABLE degree. (I swear, I hear on more 'wazzup mah homboi', or 'yo ***** a** ********' I'm going to break someone's face in...)

You do realize that in his own time, Shakespeare was considered one of the trashiest, most class-less artists in England? Furthermore, critics of his age pointed out how the man "destroyed the English language" with his slang-heavy verses and made-up words... sound familiar?

Kaishi Kyouki
RnB
Who wants to hear a guy complain about his life in a high pitched squeal with a very bad background beat? What, 3/4's of the country? Most of it's platinum albums? GRAAAHG!

I find it a bit funny that someone with a Nick Cave video in their profile complains about R&B.

Kaishi Kyouki
Whatever Green Day, fallout boy, linkin park, and the rest fall under...
It's just... so bad... I can't even describe it... They find a way to combine preachiness with ignorance about what they're preaching... it's just... so... horrible.

Just like most bands EVER.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:10 pm
wow... That... hurt me...

*falls over dead from sudden realization of personal hypocrisies*  

Bloody Loon

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:12 pm
Kaishi Kyouki
wow... That... hurt me...

*falls over dead from sudden realization of personal hypocrisies*

It wasn't meant to be inflammatory... just rather, to point out that broad statements pretty much never work.

Honestly, I hate most artists within any given genre. While I do like certain genres over others (and it obviously is fine to have such preferences), I try to recognize that there are good artists of every style (as I try to point out to others).  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:36 pm
Blackrose Kaire
Actually the only thing I really hate is....Avril whateverherlastnameis
I WANT SOMEONE TO SHOOT HER IN THE HEAD! scream I can't stand that little self absorbed "punk"( rolleyes )princess...I want her DEAD stare

I dislike mcr too...But not HALF as much as HER evil

i don't really hate her, but i hate her darn song called girlfriend. its been stucked on my head for a week, and curse my office mate for playing that song! Darn! evil

GilAskan
Kaishi Kyouki

Pop is a song structure and tone. It really doesn't have anything to do with visual style or themes. There certainly is bad pop out there... but there's a lot of good pop too.

I like synth-pop heart

Noriko♠Takeuchi
♠PSYCHO HEAD NURSE♠

Pls. Vote For me in the Arena
Click Here

Noriko Takeuchi

Sharing Heartbeats

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:11 pm
Kaishi Kyouki

RnB

lololololol The Cure.

lololololol The Smiths.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:44 pm
A Kiss To Say Hello
Kaishi Kyouki

RnB

lololololol The Cure.

lololololol The Smiths.

I wasn't going to say anything but Depeche Mode, New Order and Joy Division too.  

Rellik San
Crew

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:16 am
Food for thought for all you rap haters.

Go listen to the following bands:
Dog Eat Dog and House of Pain.
2 rap groups that have probably had more influence on rock and metal then anyone like Marilyn Manson ever could.

Stop the hatin' folks, rap and rock were once brothers in arms.  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff