Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Best things you can ever say as a Pagan Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[lady joker]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:26 pm
TeaDidikai
[lady joker]
This is what i love most. I love to see the reactions the the Jahova people cuz i was a nudist at the time but

"well in my religion, my gods ((and goddesses))have been around for centruies. Yours been around for how long now?"
Millienia. So... you might have wanted to rethink that.

MoreSpareParts>>I agree with the first two. Not so much the last.

rethink what? i don't get it  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:47 pm
[lady joker]
TeaDidikai
[lady joker]
This is what i love most. I love to see the reactions the the Jahova people cuz i was a nudist at the time but

"well in my religion, my gods ((and goddesses))have been around for centruies. Yours been around for how long now?"

Because Christianity has been around for almost 2 Millenia (20 centuries) now, and Judaism for a good while longer than that.  

Striga

Elizabeth Tarion

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:41 am
TeaDidikai
Could you please explain?
How can one be a useful magician (one who uses magic) if one doesn't use magic?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:30 am
Striga
[lady joker]
TeaDidikai
[lady joker]

Because Christianity has been around for almost 2 Millenia (20 centuries) now, and Judaism for a good while longer than that.

yeah but i thought the Greek Gods and Goddesses were before all that.  

[lady joker]

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:41 am
[lady joker]
In historical practice.

But if you play by their theology, they still have an out - capital G God has, according to their scripture, been around since forever. And they'll use that fight against you.

Just because the codified theology hasn't been around doesn't mean the god it pertains to wasn't here. Or somesuch.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:06 pm
If you don't agree with the theology, don't follow the religion.
If you don't agree with the dogma, don't follow the man.  

Henry Dorsett Case

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:27 pm
TeaDidikai
But I tend to think most of us are far more interested in the way one holds oneself than the actual words that comes out of our mouths. So perhaps this is a bit more complex.
*insert intelligent words relevant to individual situation*  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:35 pm
Here's some general good advice:

"Our ancient Celtic ancestors said: 'Never give a sword to a man who cannot dance'.

We might well add: 'Never give a wand to anyone who cannot handle ordinary reality'.

Magick will tend to amplify whatever tendencies a person has. It will increase general incompetence in life, just as readily as it will augment competence.

Although we have seen those who started off reasonably well-organized and made a magnificent success of their lives with magick, we have observed plenty of unpromising cases taking a powered nose-dive to disaster with occult assistance.

The best orders and the best books on magick make the neophyte work very hard to gain anything. For, in brutal fact, nothing of any value comes from involving people who do not pursue excellence for its own sake in magick.

Magick does not offer an escape from ordinary reality: rather it offers a full-on confrontation with it, which one can easily lose."

- Peter J. Carroll, PsyberMagick

Tsuzuki

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:01 pm
Tsuzuki
Here's some general good advice:

"Our ancient Celtic ancestors said: 'Never give a sword to a man who cannot dance'.

We might well add: 'Never give a wand to anyone who cannot handle ordinary reality'.

Magick will tend to amplify whatever tendencies a person has. It will increase general incompetence in life, just as readily as it will augment competence.

Although we have seen those who started off reasonably well-organized and made a magnificent success of their lives with magick, we have observed plenty of unpromising cases taking a powered nose-dive to disaster with occult assistance.

The best orders and the best books on magick make the neophyte work very hard to gain anything. For, in brutal fact, nothing of any value comes from involving people who do not pursue excellence for its own sake in magick.

Magick does not offer an escape from ordinary reality: rather it offers a full-on confrontation with it, which one can easily lose."

- Peter J. Carroll, PsyberMagick

oh oh oh Yoink!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:32 am
To those who have just started upon the Pagan path, my advice would be:
Put away your mass market books on witchcraft and paganism. Go to your library and read books on anthropology, archeology, comparative religion, history, and theology. Learn why people believe the way they do.

Remember Sturgeon's Law:
90% of everything is crap.
This especially applies to books on metaphysics, witchcraft, and the occult!

...and to those who want to become Norse Heathen or Asatruar:
RTFE!*

*Read the friggin' Eddas!

godhi

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:37 am
MoreSpareParts
TeaDidikai
Because thinking and providing information for others can be just as useful.

[lady joker]
Striga
[lady joker]
TeaDidikai
[lady joker]

You also only claimed centuries.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:36 pm
TeaDidikai
MoreSpareParts
TeaDidikai
Sounds like I'm confused as to the definition of "magician".  

Elizabeth Tarion

NMMoriaki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:15 am
Faith is faith, mine is as important as yours. Which is not to say it outweighs yours, merely that it is as great, and in my mind, obviously correct  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:19 am
TeaDidikai
MoreSpareParts
TeaDidikai
That information would be a lot more useful if it were field tested.  

Tsuzuki

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:45 pm
Field testing is one thing... but there are certain things that probably shouldn't be bandied about...
We have field tested nuclear weapons... it isn't the same as using them on a day to day basis.

Besides, scholars and theorists can contribute, and one needn't be stabbed to know that a blade is sharp.

As for Tsuzuki's quote from Peter Carroll... it still hurts me to this day that I am no dancer... but that doesn't mean my swordsmanship is terrible. sweatdrop xd  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff