Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Is Yaoi Just a Phase? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Yaoi Just a Phase?
  No way!
  Maybe it is...
  Yeah, I won't like this in a month.
View Results

The_Radioactive_Woman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:58 pm
As far as interests go, I tend to drift in and out, but never completely denounce yaoi. I'll loose some of my interest for a week or two, maybe longer, and then I'll drift back into it. However, I don't see myself completely giving up yaoi.

As far as marketing goes, it'll be a phase.
Just like everything else.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:07 pm
Yeah in a month I won't be gay anymore lol ya right how silly rofl  

perryunicornboy

Devoted Healer

10,350 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100

OrganizationOatmeal

Sugary Scamp

13,525 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:23 pm
Personally, for me, I truly believe at this point in time--I am obsessed with yaoi. I've known about it since fifth grade (I'm a junior in highschool now, mind you) and over time my love for it has just gotten stronger.

I've even ended up slashing a lot of my straight male characters.

My friends are all yaoi lovers too.
It's a little ironic because at this exact moment I'm RPing a lemon scene with my girlfriend. sweatdrop

Maybe things will die down but my love for it won't!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:48 pm
Well, my sister claims that it's just a phase, and my friends are hoping it's a phase.. But I've been a fan for about four years already and I'm not toning down on how many smexy boys I consume XD  

lecoser

Romantic Conversationalist

CrystalDear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:17 am
If this is just a phase then its a very very long phase.
I think after 5 years it's out of the "just a phase" land. : ]
Will I always be as into it as I am now? Of course I won't be.
Will I always find guy on guy rather hot. Probably yes.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:45 pm
It's a phase for some people, a longer phase for others, and something that some people never lose interest in. I know people who fall into all of those categories -- some who flit in and out of liking slash or femslash or het more than the others, and some people who pretty much stick with one, period.  

deactivatedfedcba

Tomqueen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:57 pm
When I first discovered yaoi/BL/whatnot four or five years ago I was essentially eating, sleeping, and breathing it. But as I've matured, my interest has died down from a blazing wildfire to a comforting, ever-burning candle. To be metaphorical about it. cool I can now appreciate reading about all types of relationships as opposed to just two guys, haha.

If you like yaoi/yuri from the start, you're probably not gonna stop liking it -- maybe for a short while, but not ever completely. Like you can overdose on it and lay off for a while but the attraction to it will always be there. At least, that's what I believe.

As for marketing: yes, gay-themed stuff has been on the rise in the media lately, it seems ... but maybe that just depends on where you're looking. Or maybe I've just noticed it more often when it's always been there. Yeah, I think that's it. Since "Brokeback Mountain" (phenomenal movie btw), I think the general public has become a little more comfortable with gay themes in movies and the like. But I can't say for sure whether it's what you would call a "phase". I mean, I like to hope that the world is slowly moving towards better tolerance of all minorities, including LGBT, but that's probably just wishful thinking. :B

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:01 pm
i dont think so but also maybe
it's a particular taste and they change... im going through this phase for 4 years... i dont plan to end it any time soon if it is a phase  

sayingallineed

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Informer 100
  • Statustician 100

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:19 pm
I think it depends on the person's taste and if perhaps their interests changes in the future. For me, i heart Yaoi and always will because, let's face it, boyxboy sex is HOT! wink  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:27 pm
A gay man engaged to a hot guy growing out of yaoi... The very idea of it is laughable. Considering the fact that I have the largest collection of yaoi manga, anime, and fanfiction in my apartment building, and out of all my friends, I'm pretty sure it's not really a phase.

As for it being a more cultural phase, I think it may go out for awhile, then come back in with better yaoi than ever. Something to look forward to, eh?

Synful Nocturne

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

GaarafanGurl08

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:22 pm
For myself , i dont really , well i cant really get tired of Yaoi. I fell in love with it completely. And i believe that is due to the fact that i am obsessed with gay people. Ever since I watched and started reading yaoi shows and manga i got hooked on the love stories and the emotions that are sent through to the read /and or watcher. Although I dont watch yaoi all the time , and i dont own any yaoi mangas. I watch it 4 or 5 times a week. Sometimes maybe less depending on my mood. Yaoi is a emotional thing for me , it lets me be myself and Im not afraid to say i watch it .  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:42 pm
8 year yaoi veteran and still recruiting HAHAHA twisted  

Reila JaggerJack

Dapper Bloodsucker

5,850 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

axayashinoceres

Beloved Bloodsucker

9,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:04 pm
i dnt see myself drifting off from yaoi anytime soon. heck, i'm in college and i still love 'em!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:27 pm
I dont see myself growing out of it anytime soon. Some people may but thats with anything.  

sakulaura

Infinite Pandora

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:50 pm
I don't think so for me. To me it gives me a piece of mind to know that people accept homosexuality in this way. Since I'm assuming the author does since she/he writes about it. It like gives me faith, and also cause it's hot, but that's a completely different story.

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff