Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mormacar

4,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:16 am
Here is my lovely collection:

Every single book in the Gaunt's ghosts series.
The "Genevieve" Collection
"Riders Of The Dead"
Malus Darkblade: "The Daemon's curse"
Malus Darkblade: "Bloodstorm"
Malus Darkblade: "Reaper of Souls"  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:32 pm
Here is my lovely collection:

Every single book in the Gaunt's ghosts series.
The "Genevieve" Collection
"Riders Of The Dead"
Malus Darkblade: "The Daemon's curse"
Malus Darkblade: "Bloodstorm"
Malus Darkblade: "Reaper of Souls"

I have riders of the dead, but havn't read it yet. How are the Malus Darkblade books?  

narutobro

x.Shino.x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:15 pm
Lt. Brookman
No, just a GW store twenty clicks away and a love to read from an early age. I've been reading BL books for seven years now and I must confess that most of them are great stuff, with a few rotten apples in between.

Same here, except for the GW twenty clicks away... The only book store where I live is a small Barnes and Noble with a rather small collection of BL books, so basically im forced to get them on eBay but the problem is neither ever seem to have the book I want (like say oh...The Ultramarine Omnibus?). Not to mention Im craving some more Gaunts Ghosts! gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:14 pm
Well, people would kill for the Insignium Astartes books, right? I saw three copies in a store I sometimes frequent.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:21 am
Lt. Brookman
Well, people would kill for the Insignium Astartes books, right? I saw three copies in a store I sometimes frequent.

You should have bought them and sold them for trice their rice on E-Bay! People are stupid enough to do it for some reason. Think of it, with the money you earned I could dance all day long, while you slip money in the straps of my lingery. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:42 am
Kaori Kapoigne
You should have bought them and sold them for trice their rice on E-Bay! People are stupid enough to do it for some reason. Think of it, with the money you earned I could dance all day long, while you slip money in the straps of my lingery. 3nodding

Will it be like the Vesuvius?

Anyway, his weekend I got me some new books, namely the third Horus Heresy book, in gold edition and a graphic novel book filled with short stories; the Call of Chaos, pretty good stuff, Mundizuma's Revenge was most amusing, as was the not-so-serious Dwarf Lords. My favourite story has to be Plaguebringer, which features some really kickass Witch Hunters with guns, smoking cigars and the comment "Gentlemen. A little light exercise, I think." before chasing down a daemon with guns.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

ravener2759

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:15 pm
Lt. Brookman
Kaori Kapoigne

Will it be like the Vesuvius?

Anyway, his weekend I got me some new books, namely the third Horus Heresy book, in gold edition and a graphic novel book filled with short stories; the Call of Chaos, pretty good stuff, Mundizuma's Revenge was most amusing, as was the not-so-serious Dwarf Lords. My favourite story has to be Plaguebringer, which features some really kickass Witch Hunters with guns, smoking cigars and the comment "Gentlemen. A little light exercise, I think." before chasing down a daemon with guns.
Sounds interesting, I'm still concerned about getting storm of iron though.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:38 am
http://www.boom-studios.com/warhammer.html

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=8336  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Nuclearwinter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:48 pm
Lt. Brookman
http://www.boom-studios.com/warhammer.html

]http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=8336

WHAT

I think i just solied myself three different ways. At the same time.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:42 pm
Judging by those preview pictures that comic is gonna rock, not to mention its being written by none other that Dan Abnett. Yet...still no news of a new Grey Knights novel over the horizon T-T....  

x.Shino.x

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:21 am
It will be a real departure from the art style used by the traditional UK artists, I just hope they don't pull a ******** Bendis or Rob Liefeld.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:43 pm
Lt. Brookman
It will be a real departure from the art style used by the traditional UK artists, I just hope they don't pull a ******** Bendis or Rob Liefeld.

Gah! Space Marines with over exaggerated anatomy...not a good thing...  

x.Shino.x

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:28 am
Not to sound Americano-phobic, but I am glad that we got UK writer Dan Abnett partially behind the story, he knows what he's writing about.

On the other hand, this is a great move as US comics are ******** cheap compared to BL publications. A lot thinner and more eye candy in most cases then real story, but affordable. Who knows, maybe well see Imperial Guard comic books soon.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:57 am
My own humble collection contains:
The Liber Demonica
Gaunst Ghosts Series except the latest one
Special Edition Complete Series Of Gotrek And Felix
Magestorm
Grey Knights
Assorted others including a Geneive novel  

Malarauko

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

x.Shino.x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:53 pm
Lt. Brookman
Not to sound Americano-phobic, but I am glad that we got UK writer Dan Abnett partially behind the story, he knows what he's writing about.

On the other hand, this is a great move as US comics are ******** cheap compared to BL publications. A lot thinner and more eye candy in most cases then real story, but affordable. Who knows, maybe well see Imperial Guard comic books soon.

It's usually villain of the day (or issue) so a change of pace would be nice. I would be interested to see how they would do an Imperial Guard comic book, would it be from the perpestive of a single guardsmen, a whole regiment or maybe even a commisar? Hell maybe even Gaunts Ghosts.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games