Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:30 am
Aesi
deadmanjake
I don't think that i could have a relationship with someone of a different religion. I have a friend who's christian, and sometimes we can't have in depth discussions, because she's way too... muggle ( sorry, is just i don't know how to express that),

The only time I think the word muggle should be used is while reading Harry Potter. I feel that it denotes ignorance of the person using it.

Much like someone swearing constantly because thinking about their feelings in order to talk about them honestly would take half a second away from expressing them?

Actually know. Muggle is more of "I am better than you because I believe in all of this stuff" type of word. It is very prejudicial, and that was the ignorance that I was referring to.

Your example, though can be true, but sometimes I swear because some of the swear words describe my feelings more accurately.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:44 am
I know that this is not from a pagan, but I felt it was worth showing what I dealt with on Christmas day.

I can't prove it, no- but I am going off of cannonized material, and you're not. Hence, we're both using material that can't legitimately be debated with outside of theology, but mine comes from a scriptoral source.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21279185&page=1#1053819104

While everyone else was warm and fuzzy, I was suffering from heartburn and kind of sick from all the ciggarette smoke I inhaled last night. But I am not bitter. Oh no. not at all.  

jaden kendam

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:46 pm
I've been reading through the Something Positive archives, and I stumbled across this aggregate gem (as combined from multiple hate-mails the author/artist received for making fun of "I'm a victim" pop-Wiccans):

You're a hateful, evil man who spreads misinformation about Wicca just so he can get his rocks off! Wicca is a religion of love and light, where we worship the Mother Goddess and all her creations, and no Wiccan would ever act the way that the ones in your strip do! Blessed be, and ******** YOU!

That last sentence is slightly abbreviated, but the spirit is the same - funny how the people who accuse Milholland of "spreading disinformation" about the religion they claim to follow do the exact thing that one of his supposedly-impossible-Wiccans did by using "Bright Blessings" and "Blessed Be" as anti-Christian rhetoric.

I do think those e-mails are the very definition of irony, though - Milholland lampoons the "I'm a victim/ebul Xtian" pop-Wiccans and essentially gets back responses saying that those people don't exist, and how dare you persecute us poor defenseless Wiccans!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:51 am
"I can see you need help, touched by the Fae as I am."

Run awaaaaaay!  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:24 pm
missmagpie

Run awaaaaaay!

Yeah- they're touched alright. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:43 am
TeaDidikai
missmagpie

Run awaaaaaay!

This was actually sent to me in PM by someone in another guild who decided my view on relationships wasn't fluffy enough. He wrote it on the last line and I literally burst out laughing.

Funny thing is, he lives in the States. They must have really sought him out to touch him that bad. xd  

Pelta

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:54 am
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
missmagpie

Run awaaaaaay!

This was actually sent to me in PM by someone in another guild who decided my view on relationships wasn't fluffy enough. He wrote it on the last line and I literally burst out laughing.

Funny thing is, he lives in the States. They must have really sought him out to touch him that bad. xd

Do we really want to know where they touched him? Or is he just touched in the head?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:22 am
Henry Dorsett Case
I've been reading through the Something Positive archives, and I stumbled across this aggregate gem (as combined from multiple hate-mails the author/artist received for making fun of "I'm a victim" pop-Wiccans):

You're a hateful, evil man who spreads misinformation about Wicca just so he can get his rocks off! Wicca is a religion of love and light, where we worship the Mother Goddess and all her creations, and no Wiccan would ever act the way that the ones in your strip do! Blessed be, and ******** YOU!

That last sentence is slightly abbreviated, but the spirit is the same - funny how the people who accuse Milholland of "spreading disinformation" about the religion they claim to follow do the exact thing that one of his supposedly-impossible-Wiccans did by using "Bright Blessings" and "Blessed Be" as anti-Christian rhetoric.

I do think those e-mails are the very definition of irony, though - Milholland lampoons the "I'm a victim/ebul Xtian" pop-Wiccans and essentially gets back responses saying that those people don't exist, and how dare you persecute us poor defenseless Wiccans!

Somebody else who reads S*P! heart His Wiccan strips are the best. I really liked the one he did where Davan and Kim go to Salem, and the two chicks are talking about "Raising their book of Wicca" when they were "burned at the stake" during the witch trials. rofl  

queertastrophy

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:38 pm
As for the multiple deities, Wicca is a polytheistic religion, and there are many branches to choose from. In branches such as Khemetic (Egyptian Wicca) and Alexandrian (Greek) Wicca, you can devote an entire ritual to one specific God, like Aphrodite or Horus, or encompass several.

Wow. Just...wow. I have never heard someone claim that Alexandrian Wicca worships the Greek pantheon before. That is a totally new level of Fluff.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:13 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21361027&page=1

Pay attention to TohoMito or moto or whatever. His use of large letters and caps locks proves the he knows what he is talking about.  

jaden kendam

Boadicia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:31 pm
I thought Khemetic was a group separate from Wicca. Are they Wiccan, or are they a separate pagan group?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:37 pm
Eshmasesh
Boadicia
"What's next, holistic solipsism?"

Okay, I gotta ask. What the heck would holistic solipsism be? sweatdrop
The ultimate oxymoron 3nodding
Solipsism is the belief that only your own perception of reality is right, and everyting external can not be trusted.
The term holistic comes from Holism, which roughly means that the whole is more important than the individual parts.

I laughed so hard at the airbender comment xd

Yikes! That would make no sense whatsoever. Just thinking about it makes my head hurt.  

Boadicia

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:58 pm
Boadicia
I thought Khemetic was a group separate from Wicca. Are they Wiccan, or are they a separate pagan group?
Khemetism is dealing with the Egyptian deities. ARI can explain it better than I can, but yeah - Khemetic Wicca is just...twitchy. My response to that on the Talk:Christian Wicca page was along the lines of "I'd love to see a Khemet's opinion on their theology being mangled into an ostensibly-Wiccan dogma. I'm not even sure it's justifiable."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:14 am
I just adore people who spout inaccurate information, then claim to be of a different religion, like that makes it okay for them to be completely ignorant and self-righteous(sp?).  

spaceprincess18

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:59 am
Paraphrasing and splicing two separate quotes together, from a different bb
"The only way to kill an Irish God is to tear off its head or rip out its spine. It then becomes a fairy.... Fairies and humans can ascend to godhood"  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games