Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saint-Saens

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:54 pm
They're adding essays to the SAT? stressed No0o0o0o0o0o0o0o!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:05 pm
Saint-Saens

Oh, yes. I signed up earlier this week. As if I didn't have enough on my plate, I'm gonna have to practice for this one. I'll probably end up taking the ACT too, eventually.  

Durza the Shade

Wildervast

Space Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:10 pm
Saint-Saens

Yes. domokun

*gloats at being in college and over and done with Standardized Testing of any sort*

SpUnKTaStIC's application
PLEASE LET ME JOIN!!!....I see you're nerdy.....hmmm...I do think Weezer is pretty okay!! BUT I MOSTLY REALLY LOVE GREEN DAY!!!...is this the right guild for me?

xd I accepted him/her anyway. I only decline people if they leave the application for blank, spammed, or whatever.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:23 am
eek Hmm I don't know if I would have accepted it or not . . . oh well. You can always ban them. 3nodding

ACT also has essays to it but it's optional. And no one around here takes the SAT . . . only those few who are really hardcore people. The big thing here is the ACT while practically everywhere else it's the SAT. I really don't know why. sweatdrop  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

Spurple

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:28 am
Saint-Saens

I'm GOOD at essays, though I don't like them. I'm more afraid of the math portion. *cowers* Oh well, if I really screw up, it won't matter. The college I want to go to doesn't require SAT/ACT scores. whee You CAN send them in, if you want, but it's not really a big factor.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:44 am
Masquanade
eek Hmm I don't know if I would have accepted it or not . . . oh well. You can always ban them. 3nodding

Well, they'd have to post stupid stuff first. >_>  

Wildervast

Space Werewolf

RinoaHeartilly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:04 pm
Miangel
Saint-Saens

I'm GOOD at essays, though I don't like them. I'm more afraid of the math portion. *cowers* Oh well, if I really screw up, it won't matter. The college I want to go to doesn't require SAT/ACT scores. whee You CAN send them in, if you want, but it's not really a big factor.

O.o what college are you going to?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:18 pm
RinoaHeartilly
Miangel
Saint-Saens

O.o what college are you going to?

Cornish College of the Arts, in Seattle. I talked to a representative from there back in October, and she said that they primarily base acceptance on your audition/portfolio and the two essays you have to write. They look at grades and SAT scores, but they don't really have much to do with getting accepted.  

Spurple

RinoaHeartilly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:21 pm
Miangel

Cornish College of the Arts, in Seattle. I talked to a representative from there back in October, and she said that they primarily base acceptance on your audition/portfolio and the two essays you have to write. They look at grades and SAT scores, but they don't really have much to do with getting accepted.

oh, are you gonna major in music?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:32 pm
RinoaHeartilly
oh, are you gonna major in music?

Yep yep. Classical flute, more specifically. ^^ I've heard it's a GREAT college - our old first tenor player goes there for jazz now, and my BD's sister just graduated. My BD thinks I could get in, too. ^^  

Spurple

RinoaHeartilly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:42 pm
Miangel

Yep yep. Classical flute, more specifically. ^^ I've heard it's a GREAT college - our old first tenor player goes there for jazz now, and my BD's sister just graduated. My BD thinks I could get in, too. ^^

I bet you will get in. 3nodding

...I wish I knew what I was gonna do after high school whee  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:58 pm
RinoaHeartilly
I bet you will get in. 3nodding

...I wish I knew what I was gonna do after high school whee

You're a freshman, right? Don't worry. I didn't know for sure what I wanted to do until last year, my sophomore year. Before then it was just kind of a bunch of random possibilities bouncing around.  

Spurple

RinoaHeartilly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:02 pm
I try not to worry, but everyone says that the time you spend in high school goes by quick. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:18 pm
This is true - I'm having a hard time believing I'm halfway through my junior year. >.< If you're really worried about it, you could talk to your councelor and see if your school offers an aptitude test.  

Spurple

RinoaHeartilly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:05 pm
I took one of those in grade school... xd  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games