Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

Stardust Disaster
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:49 pm
Hello everyone, I was wondering, when it says we are not supposed to award more than 20 points per person, does that mean homework and classwork combined?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:39 pm
It's per assignment I think. So it doesn't have to be the combined points of homework and classwork. But if you have a class where homework and classwork go hand in hand constantly, you may wish to think of point distribution differently. Just don't go around giving 40 points to people all the time and I think you'll be okay.  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

Lyra Elizabeth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:06 pm
The final exam can be worth more points, though, right? What is the limit for the final exam?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:56 am
Yes. The final exams have always been worth more than the homework assignments. From past classes, the most I've seen a final exam go for is 50-100 points.  

Miss Love Tantei

Stardust Disaster
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:25 pm
Okay, thank you. I changed the points given for my first lesson, but will probably have a little bit of points for classwork for the next lesson. ;D  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:02 pm
Prof. Ro enters the staff room. "Hello everyone. How's life as a teacher?" she asks.  

Est_monte_de_Dieu

Lyra Elizabeth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:14 pm
I was just wondering when classes are supposed to end. Anyone know?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:46 pm
Classes are supposed to end May 4th. ...which is about 2 weeks from now according to my computer calendar thingamajig.  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

Lorrieta

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:54 pm
Knocks on staff door impatiently and just starts screaming bloody murder. "SOMEONE>>> A PROFESSOR HALP HALP!!!!"

When no one answers her she yells out "WE NEED HELP IN THE HOSPITAL WING!!!! NOW!!!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:08 pm
When are every one's exams? I'm doing mine the third, but that's cutting it really close, isn't it. I'm still trying to squeeze in one more lesson, so that they'll be more prepared. Teaching was harder than I thought this year. I didn't get to do the Potion of the Month thing, but I will next term. Do I need to re-apply next term or not? And could people of other houses please encourage more students than just Slytherins to join my class? I gave out a lot of points this year and no one but Slytherins showed up....  

Est_monte_de_Dieu

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:54 pm
so i post in here to apply for teaching spots right
ok here it goes
this is for next term either fall 09 or summer 09
Hogwarts Teaching Application
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
i have been part of this guild for about 2 years i think but i went missing for about a year and im back
2. How many posts have you made?
3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
i am enrolled in potions charms divination muggle studies and DADA
i have taken astronomy DADA UP TO YEAR 3 potions several different charms classes 1 other divination class
most of the classes have fallen apart(either not enough students or teachers were missing for the whole term)
4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
i am applying for charms if it isnt taken and i guess i could maybe do transfiguration if that isnt taken but i only want 1 charms would be my 1st choice
5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
i rp as a high elf from distant lands
my elven name is Lenwë Telemnar
so i will become professor telemnar and my user name is techpriest35
6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
i want to teach charms cause every time i have gone to apply to be a student of charms either the teacher leaves with out notice or the class gets shut down or something happens like the black out that causes me to not get to have charms class
so i want to make a good charms class that hopefully every one can enjoy
and for transfiguration my thought process is that they are two very closely related schools of magic so they cant be that hard to interchange
7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
i will have it be more class work oriented with a dice system for practicing the charms or spells
there will be some written homework and lessons as well but those will be worth less points than the class work
also we will have some class activies that will maybe prove to be kind of fun
i may also make a favorite charm section if i have time
8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
as of right now i have no references i decided to do this yesterday and havent asked for any references yet
9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
i have a list of every spell charm or complex wand movement used in all the harry potter book movies and even the stuff used in the prequel
10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
i would be glad to sub for any one who needs it but i need to know like 2 days ahead of time
11.Anything else you would like to add:

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:41 pm
Hogwarts' Teaching Application
This is for the next coming term.

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? I believe I joined in mid-october but my welcome post was in late october.

2. How many posts have you made? Including this one it is 541.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? I was in History of Magic, CoMC, DADA, Potions, and Charms. I turned in every assignment, took notes on every lesson, and gained a great deal of house points for participation and homework levels.

My first choice is Transfiguration because it was one of my favorite classes in the books, even though it was rarely touched upon. I would like to be able to spread some more of the subject to my future class. My second choice would have to be Herbology, only because I don't want to take another class from a teacher that may want it again. I have no real interest in the subject, but am willing to teach anything.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
My teaching character will be different from my student character. My student character is Summer Westyn, but my teaching name will be Miss Selena Beroliza (bear-oh-lee-za), and the students will call me Professor Beroliza. My username is Summer_Breeze1507.

I wish to teach here at Hogwarts because I wish to be able to do something more useful for the guild. I also would just enjoy teaching.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
One of my lessons would be on the animagus.
here are some example Notes: (mind you it is only a portion of the notes.)
An "animagus" is a witch or wizard who can transform into an animal. The magic required is quite complex, and it can go badly if the wizard is not experienced enough to handle the transformation. As a result, the Ministry of Magic regulates animagi, requiring them to register themselves, although a number of unregistered animagi are clearly documented in the books. While in animal form, the animagus retains many human abilities, but also becomes more animal like.
The form which an animagus takes is not determined by the individual wizard. Rather, the animal form reflects part of the wizard's inner nature. Throughout his or her lifetime, an animagus can apparently only take one animal form, although it is possible that this may perhaps change under immense emotional stress, just as a Patronus charm does.

Then I would draw questions from the notes for homework. Some in class activities would include using spells such as when Professor McGonagal had Ron try and transform his rat into a wine goblet.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
Professor Rowanspurgen, aka Katie, username: Est_monte_de_Dieu or Professor Algorith, aka Sam, username: cocosam.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: I have desire. I feel like even tough I am learning such wonderful things from my current classes, that something is missing if I am not teaching. I want to be able to do more for the guild. I also have an excellent latin translator, as well as the fact that I took two years of latin in my real life high school to help create spells that I wish to teach. (I will probably end up making up some spells, but it would be all in good fun.)

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
Of course I would be interested in subbing. I would love to help out in anyway possible.

Professor Ro (Potions Master) and I have discussed my teaching before, and she has agreed to sub for me if I do get the job. I am hoping that you will let me know if I get the spot before next term so I may have time to prepare my first 3 lessons ahead of time so my students may be ready to jump straight into their work. Fun activities will be included as well. Also I am very organized, responsible, and (well, I think) intelligient.

Summer_Breeze1507

Est_monte_de_Dieu

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:03 pm
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
I have no idea, to be honest. It has been a while though.

2. How many posts have you made?
296 >_<

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
I took DADA, and did all the homework assigned, but I dropped out, due to my own class that I had to teach.

Potions

Est_monte_de_Dieu
Well, I was Prof. Rowanspurgen last term, but I'd like to change my teaching name. I'd like to be Prof. Meteneira (Meh-teh-near-ah) Scarborough. My user name is Est_monte_de_Dieu.

I taught last year, and it was SO fun!!! I think I did a good job (my students complimented me, but then again, I had their grades in my hand, haha.). I think this year would be better because I'd be more prepared. I also have a passion for the subject. It was my favorite in all the books.

Class will be strict, but still fun. Correct posting and grammar will be required, of course. The same rules that I had last term will apply this year, as well. There are many different lessons in my class, such as:
Potion I.D.
*Identify the potion by the description given.
Making a potion
*Just follow the instructions.
Discussion
*Discuss the potions, their properties, and significant uses.

Summer_Breeze1507

Teaching experience, and a passion for this subject. I've always been fascinated with how to make things.

Absolutely. I'd love to get the chance to teach, even if it's only one time.

I love this subject so much. I had a lot of fun last term, and I think I can do an even better job this time.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:46 pm
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? Since December 28, 2008

2. How many posts have you made? 610

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? I was when I took the classes. Real life had me tasseled, and I eventually had to quit all of them because It was very hard to take the courses and teach a class. Other than that, When I was taking classes, I did my home work for the first thing I would do. [when I saw the assignment]

First Choice: A History of Magic
Second Choice:Ancient Runes
5. Professor's name and user name: Professor Algorith, username: cocosam, first name: Sam

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: Because I enjoy learning and teaching history classes or Language classes. My goal will to be provide a good class for students to learn about the required teaching to help them thrive in the wizardry world. If I get the job, this will also be my second term teaching A History of Magic.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class?: Homework assignments will be given out weekly, and I will help the students if they need any help with their work. Classwork might be given out too, and schedules exams will also be given out to test the students and get them ready for the final exams.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild.: Summer Breeze.

I have a lot of activeness. I'm on for about an hour or two each day, unless I have a tournament, and the knowledge of history.[And Summer Vacation is coming up!]
10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class: I would love to if a teacher needed a substitute! Anything for the students!

11.Anything else you would like to add: I am a Ravenclaw, and history is my favorite subject in real life!

cocosam

snoopybaby44

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:55 pm
♪♫♪♫"Dodedadedo..."♪♫♪♫ Dixie Lee bounces in but is startled by the congregating teachers..."O! Messa is sooo sorry...I was just coming in to...um clean...Yes! Yes! clean...definitely not to look at the tasty furniture..." Blushing, she cast her eyes down.  
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games