Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
The Complaint Dept Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you consider this thread cathartic?
  No
  Yes
  Where's my damned dinner?
View Results

klubkyd

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:56 pm
First let me say that I'm part of the movement limit the pay for play attitude which seems to be prevalent in Gaia, and yes I am aware that most of the site is still free, including some very cool features like the cinema, The fact remains that there is an elitist capitalistic resonance which has pervaded Gaia since the introduction of the cash shop. Further when the cash shop was introduced it was stated (please forgive me for not linking the original post) that most of the items would cost around the same amount as the MC's, yet last month, Dec 2008, there were several items in the cash shop which were well over the 5.00 real money mark. Fallen Wish 999, Nano-C 999, Anima Adamantea 749, Captain Ara's Nestegg 749 and Infernal Spirit 749. Add to this the fact that in order to wear a complete outfit from the MC's 250 each. Question, why are these still being called donations ...check the envelope when it is opened? Further, you are required to buy multiples of the MC and in many cases the cash shop items which are running an average of $7.49 and $9.99 real money in order to wear a complete outfit. Many users are unable or unwilling to fork over that amount of cash fro a virtual item. It is true that the items eventually filter into the marketplace but the prices are exorbitant and unrealistic. A very good example of this is the Fremere's Guard item which was released in the cash shop this week for a paltry $7.49, It is available in the market for a measly ABP of 183,266 gold. A price which is directly in proportion to the fact that it is so costly n the cash shop. I am receiving maybe 40 gold for posting in this forum, so I only have to post 4500 or so more times in other areas to make enough to buy it this week before it evolves. Wow that is a daunting task. Oh I forgot, I make less gold with each successive post better make it 5600 just to be on the safe side. Or I will go play 17000 games of Word Bump, or do 1500 puzzles on each of my accounts to have enough to buy one of these items in the marketplace. Damn only problem is that I do not receive the gold I earn for Word Bump because I am logged of by the end of the game, and the puzzle keeps shutting down, guess I will have to bug people in the forums...
Another issue is the aquarium, and again yes, I know you are not required to spend one red cent on this but as with much else irl and now in Gaia keeping up appearances is important, but there are only 2 fish which cost under a dollar real money and they are given out for free in the DC, The cheapest thing in Phing Phang is the flag background which is not even popular in the marketplace. So in order to have a decent "socially acceptable" aquarium you must pay to play. Now let's see after rent, food, books, tuition, car payment, insurance, dog food, vet bill, medical and prescription expenses I have maybe $20.00 to spend on Gaia, Too bad I can't buy a fish that is going to die in the next month and give me a drop beg which I can open for a pair of green Velcro sandles, or sell on the marketplace for an exorbitant amount reenacting the very cycle I am en angered about.
Gaia is not being money hungry or greedy, but there is a tendency to allow the money aspect to overtake the free aspects of the site. There are still a lot of issues in most of the free areas of Gaia, broken and stalled links, issues with payment of gold from the games, and the numerous bugs and glitches in the Beta zOMG. My question to Gaia is this, how can you claim to be a free site when the free areas are filled with issues and problems, but the new cash oriented item runs perfectly (if you buy at least two to have the full outfit). While I agree that the AVI is a small part of a larger picture, it is the only one you can see of me so it needs to be the best it can be right? *pulls out $20.00 to buy cash shop items* OK, but only because I love this site so much.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:44 am
hello all  

jessies_angel

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:01 am
JuilianFai
Nei1
Lil Brat
crying I are sorry the virus gots you...
I'm sorry too. I got most of the laptop back, but it feels different some how. I DO have McAfee's SiteAadvisor, however the website must be new site. That's the only way I can think off.

A few were name like Hijacked by Browser if that's any indication.

OH honey!! DO NOT TRUST McAfee!! My laptop recently DIED died, I had to pay $600 to get my harddrive and RAM replaced, and the problem was a virus McAfee LET INTO my computer. The guys that fixed my computer told me that McAfee and Norton are actually the two WORST programs for protecting computers. He told me, "they let in more problems than they block". I have Kaspersky, and so far it's been wonderful. I HIGHLY recommend that you switch to another program. I was subscribed to McAfee for about 6 years and our computers had constant problems, and every since we switched..not a single glitch. I've been telling everyone I know, so you might want to think about changing your virus software exclaim
I DID have Norton Corporate 9 for a few years, but it didn't offer anything else but anti-virus. When I bought my laptop is came with McAfee which had more protection, anti-virus, anti-spyware, and such. I have not heard of Kaspersky till I worked for Firedog. After awhile, I leared that Kaspersky is the best one there. I was looking more into Kaspersky when this happened. It offers even more protection llike anti-keylogging. I kept telling customers that's it's the best, maybe I should practice what I preach.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:13 am
stupid jigsaw didn't give me gold three times in a row; grrrr scream mad  

Valencia72

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Mikiba

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:25 pm
I ask for a little help and I get nothing in return.
I think I'm gonna stop asking for it now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:01 pm
i lost my job and then my boyfriend of four years broke up with me because he decided that he doesn't want to keep his pants on when he goes out and if he dumps me then he won't have to call himself a cheater... b*****d stressed

i guess having an attractive, non-diseased, faithful girlfriend that bends over backwards to please just isn't enough for today's self-proclaimed stud.  

jypsie-lady

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:48 pm
Some people have absolutely no sense of humor... or maybe they do but only if it meets their standard of appropriate humor for adults ~ could be they've just lost touch with their inner child...

*Finishes ranting, and scampers off to figure out how one can revoke Toys-r-us kid privileges from adults who actually do wanna grow up...* twisted  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:23 am
mad mad mad mad mad When are they going to get the towns fixed question question question question question question  

Miss Abigal of Lenox

Filia_Nox_Noctis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:50 pm
evil I want my bugs. evil  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:53 am
scream scream scream I dont have much time to keep track with gaia anymore scream scream scream  

Noir Resurection

Wealthy Tycoon

MojinR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:20 am
I hate that I'm going to probably start taking sleeping pills during the day so I'll be able to get some rest for 3rd shift.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:17 am
Since we are no longer supporting Firedog, I have nothing to do. So I'm greeting people at the door, saying goodbye, and checking their purchases. I hear some good customer complaints. Most of it is from poor customer service and hearing it's no wonder Circuit City is going out of business.

The staff here don't care anymore since their loosing there jobs. Am I the only one who cares to do my best to the end? I'm doing the best I can and it's all for nothing to a few irate customers.  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

Noir Resurection

Wealthy Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:40 am
Nei1
Since we are no longer supporting Firedog, I have nothing to do. So I'm greeting people at the door, saying goodbye, and checking their purchases. I hear some good customer complaints. Most of it is from poor customer service and hearing it's no wonder Circuit City is going out of business.

The staff here don't care anymore since their loosing there jobs. Am I the only one who cares to do my best to the end? I'm doing the best I can and it's all for nothing to a few irate customers.

You all should just forget about the service. What can you expect from a store thats closing. You never get the customer service that you should. Not just that but even with the current discounts the prices there are still jacked up too high. I can go to Walmart or Best Buy and buy a tv there that is bigger and better at a lower price than what they have them there even at the reduced price. Just wait till they have to lower everything down to about 30% then things are going to get worst.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:10 am
Noir Resurection
Nei1

You all should just forget about the service. What can you expect from a store thats closing. You never get the customer service that you should. Not just that but even with the current discounts the prices there are still jacked up too high. I can go to Walmart or Best Buy and buy a tv there that is bigger and better at a lower price than what they have them there even at the reduced price. Just wait till they have to lower everything down to about 30% then things are going to get worst.
Speaking of prices, before store closing we had competitive, however the liquidators raised prices so you are not getting the best deals and the discount is a lie.  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

Miss Abigal of Lenox

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:40 am
I've been playing the new aquarium game, booty grab, and the money isn't showing up that I win. What's up with that question question question question question  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games