Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:49 am

It's really hard to make a discussion on subjective reality/objective reality when it's so confusing. I had to make tautological statements just to say anything really. Grrrrr. This is what happens when I start thinking about the fabric of reality, my mind shatters. xp
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:59 pm

The Indubitable Katie-Kat
error-dot-tar
Recursive Paradox
error-dot-tar
Recursive Paradox

She even used the word sheeple twice. Sheeple! Who still uses that word?

My mom.

gonk Whyyyyyyy?

Because she debates with self-righteous Republican idiots.

Enough said.
I want your mum to debate my dad.

It would be epic.

Oh my god my head would explode.

We have to film it.

error-dot-tar

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:10 pm

Gho the Girl
It's really hard to make a discussion on subjective reality/objective reality when it's so confusing. I had to make tautological statements just to say anything really. Grrrrr. This is what happens when I start thinking about the fabric of reality, my mind shatters. xp
If you would like, I could post the proof that demonstrates that Subjective Reality doesn't exist.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:04 pm

TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
If you would like, I could post the proof that demonstrates that Subjective Reality doesn't exist.
Ho s**t, sure.

Gho the Girl

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:15 pm

So looking through my pagan library, guess how many books referred to Shamanism without actually talking about Shamanism? Two out the five, and one of them by Conway, and that's a good bit considering that I have only 5-6 actual pagan books, two of them by Conway.

Does Brad Steiger sound like a reputable author? I have a book by him called "Totems: The Transformative Power of Your Personal Animal Totem."

The other book that isn't about "shamanism," or by Conway, is called "Totem Magic: Dance of the Shape-Shifter" and is by someone named Yasmine Galenorn, author of "Embracing the Moon" and "Sexual Ecstacy and the Divine."

gonk I'm having serious doubts about the veracity of my library.

Help prease?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:18 pm

Gho the Girl
Ho s**t, sure.
I'll make a thread about it.

TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:25 pm

TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
Ho s**t, sure.
I'll make a thread about it.
Sweet. I'm really looking forward to it
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:46 pm

I haven't read that particular book, Gho, but Yasmine is a reputable author for the most part. Keep the salt handy as usual, but she's a good resource.

maenad nuri
Captain

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:51 pm

maenad nuri
I haven't read that particular book, Gho, but Yasmine is a reputable author for the most part. Keep the salt handy as usual, but she's a good resource.
Oh really? Oh good. I liked the book, didn't read all of it, but I was just suddenly afraid due to the mystical character of her name, so to speak.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:55 pm

Gho the Girl
So looking through my pagan library, guess how many books referred to Shamanism without actually talking about Shamanism? Two out the five, and one of them by Conway, and that's a good bit considering that I have only 5-6 actual pagan books, two of them by Conway.

Does Brad Steiger sound like a reputable author? I have a book by him called "Totems: The Transformative Power of Your Personal Animal Totem."

The other book that isn't about "shamanism," or by Conway, is called "Totem Magic: Dance of the Shape-Shifter" and is by someone named Yasmine Galenorn, author of "Embracing the Moon" and "Sexual Ecstacy and the Divine."

Help prease?
Conway is... ick. When as an author you have to publish books in apology for other books, you might as well take that as the shot across the bow.

Someone ask Cu what he thinks of her "Celtic Shamanism" book. What was it called? "By Oak, Ash and Thorn"?

As for Yasmine, she's a favorite and a personal friend. I can tell you right now that she has had to bite the pillow and think of England because of her publisher in the past.

Basically- edit out the fluffy words mentally and you'll be fine.

TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:01 pm

TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl

Help prease?
Conway is... ick. When as an author you have to publish books in apology for other books, you might as well take that as the shot across the bow.

Someone ask Cu what he thinks of her "Celtic Shamanism" book. What was it called? "By Oak, Ash and Thorn"?
Ask Cu? WHat? He'll KILL me!
Quote:

As for Yasmine, she's a favorite and a personal friend. I can tell you right now that she has had to bite the pillow and think of England because of her publisher in the past.
Oh s**t I'm really sorry.
Quote:

Basically- edit out the fluffy words mentally and you'll be fine.
Will do. I enjoyed reading her book, and actually could share in some of her experiences, and found myself going "I NO RITE?" more than once. But I'm just trying to be hard on myself to find where all the fluff is, which wasn't fair to Yasmine.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:04 pm

Gho the Girl
Naw. Cu's a sweetie when it comes right down to it. That reminds me, I need to post a question in his pathways.
Quote:
Quote:
There's a reason she isn't with them anymore. wink

Quote:
Will do. I enjoyed reading her book, and actually could share in some of her experiences, and found myself going "I NO RITE?" more than once. But I'm just trying to be hard on myself to find where all the fluff is, which wasn't fair to Yasmine.
My experience is that she's grateful when people take a good hard honest look at themselves and her books.

TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:23 pm

TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
Naw. Cu's a sweetie when it comes right down to it. That reminds me, I need to post a question in his pathways.
Mayhap I'm still a little kneejerk from our first meeting xp
Quote:

Quote:
There's a reason she isn't with them anymore. wink
Gotcha. I wonder if this is one of those books by that bad publisher?
Quote:

Quote:
My experience is that she's grateful when people take a good hard honest look at themselves and her books.
Well, I really owe it to her now (at least in my mind.) I'll read it through.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:25 pm

Gho the Girl
twisted And yet- you don't think I'll eat you?

Quote:
What's the symbol on the spine?

Quote:
Well, I really owe it to her now (at least in my mind.) I'll read it through.
Spiff.

TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:39 pm

TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
twisted And yet- you don't think I'll eat you?
I'm mentally holding a very big stick as wander through these discussions, looking very nervously over my shoulder.
Quote:

Quote:
What's the symbol on the spine?
"The Crossing Press." IT's sort of an X with each arm of the X sillouhetted to make plant like shapes, like buds.
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games