Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Ravenclaw Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 164 165 166 167 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:04 pm
User Image
Echo is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Bookish at the Pitchspace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Teammatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Annoyedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Why do I even have to be here...' spacespac

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
♣ ♥ ♦ ♠
════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceEcho scowled as he was drug behind his sister, twisting to try and free himself from her grip, cringing because her nails had grown into claws, clenching at his shoulder. He was pretty sure if she squeezed any harder, she'd draw blood. Still, he struggled; he was far past the point of running back to the Common Room, they were already to the pitch, after all, and anyway she'd just chase him down, but he really didn't see the point in her literally dragging him by her claws. But, he kept quiet, because he wasn't going to argue with her over it. He never won those arguments, anyway. He just didn't see why he had to come. He wasn't on the team, not really, he was just a reserve. And honestly, if they were looking for more members... well, he'd been sort of hoping that his absence would convince Rick to put someone else on Reserve and drop him. He didn't want to be on the team, after all. But Gypsy wasn't having it, and he guessed he didn't blame her; after all, he'd been the only spare person to show up fr the first tryouts, there was no guarantee that anyone else would come now, right? He sighed; this was aggravating. He didn't care about this, except that, well, they were a House, right, and they were family. They were supposed to be there for each other. So... here he was. Even though he was pretty sure he'd hate every second of it. Although at least he'd done better at tryouts than Gypsy...

════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ And the red queen's off with her head
                                                          Remember what the dormouse said.
                                                          ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:56 am
User Imagexxxxxxxxxx
                                                                  x neverx meantx tox wither

xxxxxxi wanted to be tall like a fool left the river

andx watchedx myx branches xfallxxxxxx

User Image

"Make friends" is what her mom told her and that was exactly what Asterisk was doing. She struggled at first to even try out but after hearing they needed some players, she decided to just put herself out here. She didn't know what she was going to say or do but she expected at least flying. She brought her broom with her, since it was quidditch. Although a first year, Asterisk knew a bit more about flying and her broom than some of her classmates in Flying. She had practiced commands and mounting and bond with broom was established already over the summer, although she was sure she wasn't perfect. When she reacked the group of students, she gave them an uneasy grin. Complete judgement fell over her but she began to speak, "Hi, umm, I heard you guys needed more players and just wanted to see... Asterisk Slater, first year." She introduced herself, looking at every person, trying to be as respectful as possible.

if x myx yesterdayx isxxx disgrace

tell xme xthat xyou xstillx recall

500500500500daysofsummersummer myx name.
                                                                  Asterisk Slater
                                                                  ʀᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ xxxx ғɪʀsᴛ ʏᴇᴀʀ xxxx sɪɴɢʟᴇ xxxx ᴘᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ
                                                                  xxxxooc: just go asterisk go / hopefully it's ok
                                                                  xxxxlinks: outfit profile
                                                                  xxxxwith: @ ravenclaw practice

500 Days of Summer

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:21 pm
User Image

User Image

♫ Pureblood ♫ Beater ♫ Single ♫

Don't wanna let you ๔๏ฬภ but I am ђєใใ bound.
                                                        ςยгҭคเภ’ร call is the ใครҭ of all.
                                                        When the lights ғค๔є out all the รเภภєгรcrawl.

Ver walked quietly onto the pitch, silent as ever. Chance was gone... it was so strange. She hadn't heard anything about him. She didn't know what had happened to him. And quite honestly, she didn't care. She was upset their team was down a beater and that was about it. She offered Rick a quiet smile and stood by his side as new people and old people arrived on the pitch.

OOC: Position: Beater
                                                        AC: 20
                                                        Modifiers: (+8 on bludger hits)
                                                        Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
                                                        Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                        Above AC to hit.
                                                        3 or below without modifiers hit yourself
                                                        16 or above to defend

0-

When you feel my ђєคҭ, look into my єұєร.
                                                        It’s where my ๔є๓๏ภร hide. It is dark เภรเ๔є.
                                                        No matter what we ๒гєє๔. We still are made of ﻮгєє๔.
                                                        Don’t get too ςใ๏รє, this is my кเภﻮ๔๏๓ come.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:53 pm
Iñigo Lazaro Albion-Alexandré

User Image

House: Ravenclaw{|}Seer{|}First Year

He made his way after hearing that the Ravenclaw team had needed another beater. He would take the opportunity and hopefully make it. He didn't know whether or not he would be good enough, but he figured he would give it a shot. He knew that he definitely wanted to play and was eager to get the beater bat in his hands.

When he made his way up to the captain, he gave the boy a 'hello', veering his view to the girl that had been in his class...the one who spoke up. He figured she was here to try out as well, and he definitely welcomed the competition. Without competition, no one got better. He also felt that it was a great test to see if he could compete at a high level.

He now stood there, awaiting any further instruction by the captain, hoping to get up into the air. He always liked flying and it always came quite natural to him, but this was the true test...the test of awareness...the test to see whether or not he could possibly be good enough to play the only sport in this area that involved flying.

“There is no death. Only a change of worlds.”

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:23 pm
User Image
User Image

We live in cities you'll never see on screen
Not very pretty, but we sure know how to run things
Living in ruins of a palace within my dreams
And you know, we're on each other's team.

Bristian stepped onto the Quidditch pitch. It was an odd place for her to be, due to the fact that she had never picked up a broom before. Well, beside first year. She had done fairly well, she supposed, but never had she thought she'd be trying out for Quidditch. Which was exactly what Bris was doing. She had a school broom tucked under her arm and the form to sign up in her hand. Bristian walked toward Rick, the captain, as she had heard and handed it to them. It hadn't been very hard to find, seeing as it was pinned right beside the announcement. "I'm not too late, am I?"

Bristian
Username: Rawwry
Character's Name: Bristian Catlin
House: Ravenclaw
Year: Third Year.
Advanced Flying I: Nope.
Advanced Flying II: No.
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: None, sorry.
Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Dang Healthy.
First Choice Position: Beater.
Second Choice Position: Anywhere, I suppose.

Position: Beater, hopefully.
AC: 12
Modifiers: +2
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Dang Healthy.
Lives: [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ]

Call all the ladies out.
They’re in their finery.
A hundred jewels on throats.
A hundred jewels between teeth.
Now bring my boys in.
Their skin in craters like the moon.
The moon we love like a brother, while he glows through the room.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:59 pm
User Image
Heart still beating but it's not working
It's like a hundred thousand voices that just can't sing
I reached out trying to love but I feel nothing
Oh, my heart is numb

User Image

Rick nodded toward the poeple showing up, and was surprised as some new faces made an appearance. Well, this is a surprise. He leaned over and grabbed out a few forms, handing them out before blinking as one girl already had one. Must have gotten it from the flier, he thought. Well, time to go ahead and start making this work, huh? He looked around and noted who wasn't here. Shayna possibly had OWLs to study for, so he could understand her absence, and Rufus had NEWTs. He did hope they came down though. He cleared his throat before he started speaking. "Okay, well, thanks for coming down. Sorry about how short notice this is, but we're down a beater, and it probably won't hurt to put some others on other positions, considering we don't have that many for in case someone gets knocked out. So, just take that form, and fill it out. After that, we'll go ahead and run some basic drills. Then, time permitting, get in a practice with everyone before we have to call it before the game."

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character's Name:[/b]
[b]House:[/b] Ravenclaw
[b]Year:[/b]
[b]Advanced Flying I:[/b]
[b]Advanced Flying II:[/b]
[b]Years of Previous Quidditch playing:[/b]
[b]Any Special Skill:[/b]
[b]First Choice Position:[/b]
[b]Second Choice Position:[/b]

----------------------------------
Thinking: Great, down one player. Wonder if this is my luck deciding to surface...
OOC: ...

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I'm feeling better ever since you know me
I was a lonely soul but that's the old me
A little wiser now from what you've shown me
Yeah, I feel again

Jinx

shabatha

Xistund

Cara MiaKitty

XxXDevil-chan

Rawwry

RedEagleEye007

500 Days of Summer

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

500 Days of Summer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:59 pm
User Imagexxxxxxxxxx

andx watchedx myx branches xfallxxxxxx

User Image

Asterisk placed her broom nicely on the ground before a boy from classes showed up. Asterisk wasn't sure how to feel about being part of the qudditch team anymore. What if she didn't make it? What if he didn't make it? She wasn't good at being a choice, or sharing. As an only child, this was one of the few qualities she gained after eleven years of being "first". She gave Iñigo a smile, "Hey. See ya going to try out. Nervous?" Another person walked up, a girl this time. Older girl, probably with more experience with a broom than either of the two first years, well Asterisk for sure. Upperclassmen had priority right? First years weren't really suppose to try out for the Quidditch team, but it would be different now. The girl had given one of the boys, now titled as Captain, a piece of paper. There was a piece of paper to fill out? Asterisk expected it was more of a guts sporadic action than a thought out plot to take the spot as beater. Maybe she didn't think this through, although the last thing she felt was regret. Asterisk knew she needed to put herself out there. Out somewhere.

The captain skipped introductions, but at this point, everyone skipped introductions. Introductions were getting boring and tiring. He instructed they had to fill out a form, which Asterisk took and pulled out a quill from her bag. She filled it out.

Username: 500 Days of Summer
                                                                                Character's Name: Asterisk Slater
                                                                                Year: First
                                                                                Advanced Flying I: Nope
                                                                                Advanced Flying II: Nope
                                                                                Years of Previous Quidditch playing: None
                                                                                Any Special Skill: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Mean Swing
                                                                                First Choice Position: Beater
                                                                                Second Choice Position: Chaser, Seeker

When she finished, Asterisk realized she didn't have much experience in even flying. The captain did say they would have other people, like backup. If she didn't make it as beater, she can always tag along and learn something. She had to think of this experience as a good thing. She might even be on the team if she impressed everyone. She glanced at her form again before smiling with optimism. She can do this. She gave the older boy her paper before placing her quill back in her bag and hovered her hand over her broom. The broom flew to her hand as a cheesy wide grin came out of her mouth as she said, "Pleasure to be here."

Asterisk Slater
                                                                  xxxxooc: this layout uhg
                                                                  xxxxwith: Iñigo, Echo, Verily, Bristian, Rick, & Gypsy @ Ravenclaw Practice

Diamond Wales

Rawwry

RedEagleEye007

XxXDevil-Chan

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:08 pm

User Image

Iñigo listened to the captain, taking down mental notes for himself and then viewing the competition around him. So far, it was a third year and a first year. He was glad to see others come out and he would gladly take any position given to him. He couldn't wait to actually start however. He did however, take a broom from the school's collection of hand me downs in the barrel. He had to do his best, but unfortunately on the broom he had at the moment, it didn't seem to be a possibility. He felt it would ride jagged and didn't seem to have a high top speed, but hey, if he was going to play beater, he didn't need to go outstandingly fast. He actually probably should control it a bit.

He was given a form and he filled it out promptly:

Username: RedEagleEye007
Character's Name: Iñigo Albion-Alexandré
Year: 1st
Advanced Flying I: No
Advanced Flying II: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: None
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Mean Swing
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: Chaser

He handed it in, and as soon as he did, Asterisk had said something to him. He looked back at her and smiled. "No...I don't really get nervous about these sort of things. Are you?" he asked her. He really didn't get nervous by such things anymore. Ever since his mother died, he did not feel nervous until his visions decided to act up, which haven't too bad since he had gotten to school.

500 Days of Summer

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:50 pm
User Image☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽Shayna Aileen Snow☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽
So come and dance to the beat, wave your hands together
Come feel the heat, forever and forever
Listen and learn, it is time for prancing,
Now we are here, we're Caramell Dancing!

Hʟғ-Bʟ//Rɴʟ//Dɪɴɢ Dɪ Cʟʀɪss//Pʀғ//Sʀ//Vɪ-Cɪɴ

Where? -- Pitch
With? --- Ravenclaw team
Feeling//OoC --- Sorry derpy post from work...
Wearing --- Clothes

User Image

Shayna ran down the halls and out to the fields. She had forgotten their was an urgent meetin while she was studying for owls. 'Damn, how'd I end up so late?' She asked herself as she sprinted down the quad towards the pitch where her team was meeting for an emergency try out for beaters and hopeful reserves. When she arrived she slowed to an easy stop before walking over. "Sorry Rick, lost track of time... She said apologizingly. She noticed the three new trainees. In fact one she had talked to at the sorting feast. That was cool. She smiled as she waited.

User Image

Position: Seeker
AC: 17
Modifiers: +3 (Years) +3 (Advanced Flying I & II) +2 (Natural Flyer) +2 (Sharp eyes) +2 (Great Catch)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
Lives: [ C: ] [ C: ] [ C: ]
Roll:
19+ SPOT
22+ CATCH

User Image

Make me your Aphrodite
Make me your one and only
Don’t make me your enemy, Your enemy, Your Enemy,
So you wanna play with magic.
Boy, you should know what your falling for.

Sapphire The Owl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:32 pm
User Image
Heart still beating but it's not working
It's like a hundred thousand voices that just can't sing
I reached out trying to love but I feel nothing
Oh, my heart is numb

User Image

Rick took the forms and smiled when Shayna showed up. At least this meant that most of the team was here, well, except for a certain third year. Then again, he seemed to be the type that didn't enjoy the sport. He looked the forms over, and then suddenly realized that he hadn't introduced himself. Nice first impression. "Umm, thank you. Now, I see that all three of you have applied to be a beater. I'm going to have each of you shoot at targets in the air. The targets are the only things you will be aiming for. Then maybe a bit later, we can see about perhaps doing a few other positions before we announce who gets what spots. Oh, also, erm... Sorry I didn't introduce myself. Richard Drage. This is Shayna Snow, the vice captain. So just go up there, and show what you have."

Thinking: Great, down one player. Wonder if this is my luck deciding to surface...
OOC: Targets have an AC of 15, keep a tally of how many you hit. Good luck to all!

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I'm feeling better ever since you know me
I was a lonely soul but that's the old me
A little wiser now from what you've shown me
Yeah, I feel again

Jinx

shabatha

Xistund

Cara MiaKitty

XxXDevil-chan

Rawwry

RedEagleEye007

500 Days of Summer

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
RedEagleEye007 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:27 am

User Image

Iñigo smiled as he heard the captain's orders. The bludgers had been released and he flew into the air, feeling extremely natural. The school's brooms were actually faster than he thought they were. He almost lost balance for a second because of that underestimation, but he soon became well acquainted with the broom. He couldn't wait. He took the bat and went straight to it. He aimed at a target, aiming for the middle of it, hoping to get a good hit on it.

AC: 14
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer, Mean Swing (+2 to Hitting)
Roll Number: 9
Final Roll: 11 (unsuccessful)
Lives: rofl ninja mrgreen  
Rawwry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:46 am
User Image
User Image

We live in cities you'll never see on screen
Not very pretty, but we sure know how to run things
Living in ruins of a palace within my dreams
And you know, we're on each other's team.

When Bristian heard Rick's orders, she nodded, mounted her broom and pushed off the ground. She waited for a bludger to come around, and once one was near enough, the third year bit her lip and swung at it, aiming for a target.

Position: Beater.
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Dang Healthy.
Lives: [ x ] [ x ] [ x ] [ x ]
Total: 15 miss.

Call all the ladies out.
They’re in their finery.
A hundred jewels on throats.
A hundred jewels between teeth.
Now bring my boys in.
Their skin in craters like the moon.
The moon we love like a brother, while he glows through the room.

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
RedEagleEye007 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:51 am

User Image

Iñigo got disappointed that he missed, but he couldn't let it get to him now. He had to win this competition for the last beater spot. He wanted it, more than anything, and now was time to prove he wanted it more and be better than the competition. The girl that had just tried had missed and now he was going to try to get the upper hand of the competition..

Roll Number: 5
Final Roll: 7 (unsuccessful)
Lives: rofl ninja mrgreen  
500 Days of Summer rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:06 pm
User Imagexxxxxxxxxx

andx watchedx myx branches xfallxxx

User Image

Asterisk had mumbled a few things before mounting on her broom. The bludgers were released in the air already before Asterisk lifted off the ground. It wasn't because she didn't know how, it was more like she wanted to see her competitors skills. Assessment of competition, although when she was up in the air, it wasn't as smooth as Iñigo. Asterisk waited for a bludger to come around like the third year girl, but when she missed, Asterisk needed to step up to the bat. Iñigo had the same idea and went for another swing.

Asterisk didn't wait for his results as a bludger was in "hitting" sight. She eyed it and readying her bat. She swung it, keeping contact with the bludger until it hit her bat. The bludger hit the target and she smiled, rather largely, before looking at Iñigo's try, realizing she was the first to hit a target. She wasn't sure if she liked being "first" anymore.

Asterisk Slater
                                                                  xxxxooc: fixed my layout because it looked too weird
                                                                  xxxxwith: @ Ravenclaw Practice

Position: Beater
                                                                  Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Mean Swing
                                                                  Lives: ❤ ❤ ❤
                                                                  Final Roll: 22 (successful)
                                                                  Tally: I

500 Days of Summer

RedEagleEye007 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:43 pm

User Image

Iñigo got disappointed that he missed, yet again. He wasn't sure how well he was doing in general though, mainly because beater may or may not be what he is best at, but he would at least give it a shot. He awaited another bludger to fly his way, watching as asterisk had successfully hit a target on her first try. It impressed him because it was completely dead on...to the middle...right where he aimed both times. He however, was not flustered by it and went for another go at the target.

He missed...big time...and the bludger smashed into his side, a blunt trauma injury to the side. He felt like dying, but he pushed forward.

Roll Number: 2
Final Roll: Unsuccesful and taking a hit.
Lives: rofl ninja burning_eyes

(OOC: not the best luck today -_-)  
Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 164 165 166 167 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games