Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

Miss Love Tantei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:23 pm

Hogwarts Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
-Two Years...my how time flies

2. How many posts have you made?

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
-Yes and all the work I do is consistent.

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
-Defense Against the Dark Arts

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
-Professor Clairion ((I would change it since its the same name for my RP student character, but...I've been using this name for years sweatdrop ))

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
-I love D.A.D.A and I want to continue to teach it. Plus there is a low amount of those who are willing to teach so here I am reapplying again.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)

-Lessons will be updated weekly and most likely have homework to go with it. There will be at least 3 levels to the class, which will lengthen the gap between those who've gone through the lessons and those who are new.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)

-Animekitty47

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
-Knowing what is to be expected through past experiences and a knack for constantly updating the lessons.

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
-Absolutely.

11.Anything else you would like to add:
-I'll spoil you with a box of heavenly-sent Ferrero Rochers?
rofl
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:25 pm

cocosam, you are approved for History of Magic! You can make your classroom now.

Love, you're approved too. I can't really imagine DADA without you anymore O_o ...also, chocolates please! *holds out hands* xp

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

cocosam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:58 pm

Oh thank you! I'll make is A.S.A.P!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:49 pm

*Produces big giant box of Ferreros* Enjoy whee

Miss Love Tantei

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:06 pm

EEEeee! *snatches*

ninja

*munches with delight* Om nom nom thang oo, Ove. heart
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:52 pm

I think about two years. (I'm a third year Hufflepuff though.)

Only about 100, but I took a long break from the guild, and will be posting a lot more often.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
Yes I was!

Muggle Studies

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professer Moonshade (First name Amber)

I really want to teach at Hogwarts, because these students need a good education, and I love to teach. Wizards and witches alike need to learn about the muggles that live around us.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)

Weekly lessons and homework. Classwork will also be given. I may even have differnt levels for the different years.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. cocosam

Energy. I also know a lot about Muggles, I live with them!

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?

Definatly!

Sorry about being a little inactive. I promise I'll be much more active now that my cousin has joined the guild. xD (my cousin is cocosam, and she's always asking my to come here.)

Stardust Disaster
Crew

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:53 pm

Hooray! Someone to take over Muggle Studies! angel 214, I approve! You can make your classroom now.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:25 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Since about August 22nd 2008

As mentioned in my previous application, I enrolled with the house elf class. And have now also enrolled in astronomy.

Potions

Is it okay to use the same professor name as my Charms name? If not I will make up a different one.

Because I love hogwarts, and I believe teaching is a rewarding experience.

Same as my other class. Organized.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
Again, I can supply no references, but am hoping you will trust me as you did with Charms.

Knowledge.

Yes.

I hope it is okay to teach both Charms AND potions.

The Avatar Nymph

Stardust Disaster
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:31 pm

YAY! Thanks so much. I'll go and make it ASAP.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:50 am

-I think about 1 and 3/4 of a year.

-172 (I have become increasing active this last 3 months because I now have time to post more!)

-Quality of work and participation was consistent, and assignments were completed on time.

1.) Divination
2.) Herbology

-Professor Rowley (Same last name I use for my student RP)

-Because there is a severe lack of teachers and lack of teachers means lack of all together student participation, and hey isn't that what holds this guild together? Plus I have always had fun participating in the curriculum provided in other classes in the past.

-I expect that I will split the class into three grade levels and divide the curriculum into levels of difficulty. So far I plan on providing lessons every one or two weeks, with extensive class discussions between. I would expect homework to be turned into me before the next lesson ore else the points would not be awarded.

-Alutian and Junimaia

-I would suppose that I have strength in writing and in-depth research of subjects, and also the ability to connect with students in a friendly yet professional manner.

-Of course. I would consider substituting for any class.

-If it would help I would be willing to teach both of my desired classes, of course that is only if no one else has signed up to teach my second choice of Herbology. Also, I will teach for any class you need me to, I just picked the two that I thought would be fun to teach.

TheLadyCora

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:39 pm

Looks good, TheLadyCora, you are cleared for Divination, go ahead and make your classroom.

@The Avatar Nymph & TheLadyCora: I admire your enthusiasm for teaching, however, I'd rather wait and make sure the both of you can handle teaching one class first, especially if the both of you are students in other classes. I also want to give other members a chance to try teaching. But if nobody applies for your second choices by March 16th, and you feel confident you can teach two classes, I'll consider giving you the second class.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:32 pm

3nodding
That sounds fair enough to me. I will check back then.

The Avatar Nymph

TheLadyCora

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Sounds great, thanks!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:29 am

I don't know, honestly, but it has been a while. A very long while.

80 and this will be 81

I'm a first year, but I didn't enroll in the elf classes. I regret that...... I did enrolled in D.A.D.A, this year, though.

Potions.

Prof. Rowanspurgen (Prof. Ro for short) my rp name is Katie Rowanspurgen. Est_monte_de_Dieu is my username

I love Potions. When I was reading the books, I always wondered what it would be like to be in Snape's position, and now I have that opportunity.

Class will be fun and entertaining, but definitely not easy. You are required to take potions one if you have never taken potions before, and I'd suggest it if you've never taken my class. My teaching style might be a bit different. I will divide classes up by difficulty. 5 groups max.

Lesson Plan: Potions III

Immobilization Potion. (this would be for the older students obviously.)

Ingredients:
1 left cardinal claw
1 dried lizard spine
6 Eucalyptus tree roots
3 daisy stems
1 vile of hybrid rose thorns

Boil water in cauldron over an open flame and add in diced roots. Retrieve the juice from the daisy stems by pressing on it with the flat of your knife. Chop the claw into three 1 inch sections and add, then add the daisy juice. Your potion should now be a lime green color and should have a rather sweet odor. Add the lizard spine and wait 2 minutes for it to dissolve. Stir thoroughly. Now the potion should be lavender in color. Please transfer the cauldron from atop the open flame to the table. Let it cool for 5 minutes. Cut the thorns in half and take out the veins. Once you have 50 veins, take the thorn pieces and dispose of them in an orderly fashion. Do NOT stick anyone. Return to your cauldron and add the veins. When your potion gives off an odor that makes your eyes tear, put the potion in a vile and hand it in. Before handing it in, you may test it on Larry, Bonny, or Tom the lab rats, but give them NO MORE than a drop.

Animekitty47

I have a passion for potions. I am creative in my lessons and each one will not only be informational, but will be entertaining and original. I will incorporate potions from the books and of my own choice. I may do an entire class of notes some days, just to give the students more information and a break from making potions. Students in my class will be given a unique opportunity to learn and make potions. I will post a POTION OF THE MONTH in which case students have a month to research and make the potion, and the house with the most correct essays and potions will be awarded with points. (depending on quality) Discussion will play a major role in my class, and I plan to post lessons in 1 to 2 week intervals. Homework WILL be turned in at or before the due date or I will award no points.

Absolutely. I'm willing to help the potions master in any way I can.

I love Potions and this means quite a lot to me.

Est_monte_de_Dieu

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:41 pm

Nice application you got there! I was wondering when a Slytherin would step up to teach again.

You're cleared for potions, Professor Rowanspurgen. You can make your classroom now ^_^
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games