Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Music Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bono Vox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:29 pm

and_solo_said
Bono Vox
and_solo_said
From my perspective, the best thing happening in music right now is MOTLEY CRUE ARE BACK TOGETHER!!!!
xd

This could be our sick love song...

Sorry, I'll stop
xd xd xd xd xd exxxxxcellent sig! blaugh
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:36 pm

Bono Vox
muse and radiohead are good 3nodding

You see, almost everyone who's posted in this thread has expressed an affinity for the music of either Radiohead or Muse at some point. It's uncanny.

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:49 pm

I'm annoyed with Muse because part of one of their songs is stolen straight out of Rachmaninov's 2nd piano concerto. And they don't even say.
Radiohead are rather in a class of their own, though. There music is of the very highest level and has the combination of both musical and thematic sophistication that beings them to be equal to Pink Floyd and no other band I can think of.

Sorry, can't say I'm a fan of Coldplay. Every song of theirs sounds as if it's trying to be High and Dry by Radiohead (which is by Radiohead standards not an amazing song), and not quite succceeding.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:42 pm

Foetus In Fetu
Bono Vox

You see, almost everyone who's posted in this thread has expressed an affinity for the music of either Radiohead or Muse at some point. It's uncanny.
LOL xd

Bono Vox

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:11 pm

Anyone heard od the Rakes? I've just returned from them playing live at a club near me. Pretty good. Now I'm filed with adrenaline and some absolutely foul diet stiumlant drink from Teco's listening to Chumbawamba on my headphones at full volume biggrin
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:47 pm

I just noticed that neither Biffy Clyro nor The Distillers were mentioned. Honoes!

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

davidcrossfan06

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:15 am

Foetus In Fetu
Bono Vox

That's because RADIOHEAD ARE GODSLOZL.

I like Modest Mouse.

Irrelevant to topic but still utterly fantastic.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:36 am

Indie_Chick
I just noticed that neither Biffy Clyro nor The Distillers were mentioned. Honoes!

That's because they are both terrible

and_solo_said

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:38 am

Has anyone ever heard of Devil's Halo? They are quite possibly thhe greatest band on the planet, achieving a masterfuly complex compound of the old, the new, and the downright unheard of.

Simon, say nothing rolleyes
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:01 am

and_solo_said
Has anyone ever heard of Devil's Halo? They are quite possibly thhe greatest band on the planet, achieving a masterfuly complex compound of the old, the new, and the downright unheard of.

stare

Nebelstern
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:02 am

Nebelstern
and_solo_said

stare

lol
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:45 am

and_solo_said
Indie_Chick

The Distillers are prety good, but in the great Diastillers/ Rancid debate I come down on the Rancid side. Still, neither of those are British so I shouldnt even be mentioning them.
What about classic bands like The Specials and Madness?

boy_no_13

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:38 pm

boy_no_13
and_solo_said
Indie_Chick

The Distillers are prety good, but in the great Diastillers/ Rancid debate I come down on the Rancid side. Still, neither of those are British so I shouldnt even be mentioning them.
What about classic bands like The Specials and Madness?
Wait, Distillers are american.. But Biffy Clyro definitely british.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:02 pm

PINK FLOYD ARE BACK TOGETHER!
They're playing at Live 8...
Wow...Waters and Gilmour talking to each other...

Boolean Julian
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:31 am

Anyone heard of Millencolin or Go Betty Go?
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games