Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:31 am

@ PyroXTech: Those marines look kick a**, nice and crisp, I likes them!

Xenos Mortium
Fignuts 2.0
Lt. Brookman
Fignuts 2.0
Germans didn't have alot of camo, they mostly wore grey and black because it was guerrila warfare in buildings and streets. Look up Forgeworld.com for model suggestions.
http://www.vulkansforge.org/wip/dk/DKP5.jpg
Your grasp of history is poor, boy.
Like what you're wearing?....
Granted, this is a good example of a WW1 German uniform, used fighting in trenches:
http://www.diggerhistory.info/images/uniforms3/1917front.jpg

In WW2, most commonly German soldiers were found wearing a unique pattern of camoflague, looking like this:
http://www.tridentmilitary.com/New-photos16/rgc4b.jpg

Most conflict durring both wars (in fact, almost all conflict) was fought in the wilderness, and small villages. However, there are notable exceptions, such as the sieges of Stalingrad and Leningrad, and the Soviet taking of Berlin. There are instances of using urban camo, using greys and blacks, but this was an exception, not the rule.
What I'm wearing HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Xenos, the WWII camo that you linked was exclusively worn by the SS, pioneers in the employ of modern camouflage who wore camo since '39, years before any other army did so. While most German troops wore the field grey (feld grau) uniforms, there were some branches who wore camo. German paratroops also wore a special camo pattern, don't forget it like I just did!

German tanks however, while first grey were all camouflaged from the onset of '41 - '42, no matter the branch or department. The only truly issued camo of the German army was their white winter uniform, though at the end of the war all branches of the Heer (read: not the children of the Volksturm) received special uniforms with a camo pattern on both the inside and the outside, so it could be used in different conditions.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:37 pm

Hey all - just introduced myself on the main guild board, and found a couple more pics to put up. I loved the concept of the Deathwatch, a 'best of the best of the best' Chapter with an easy colour scheme, not counting the shoulderpads of course. I wanted a squad with all the options, and a few more besides should they ever get their own codex. In particular, I wanted them to have a distinctive Rhino transport, and so I turned to Forge World for inspiration. Along with the Inquisitorial top and rear hatches, I also got two of the big badges that are designed for buildings and stuff. I trimmed the badges down from circles to rectangles, then added top and bottom door detail, and bang - replacement Rhino side doors! All that was needed then was a blob of Green Stuff for the bionic eye wink

Anyway, here's the Rhino, and then a shot of all my DW minis, including an Apothecary(!)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

notquiteallhere

King Kento

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:31 am

Saw the introduction, and I must say i find your literal take on the rainbow warriors disturbing and slaaneshi in style.

Anyways, love the deathwatch you have there, though Im biased, I love the ordo xenos. Very nice rhino especially. Im assuming you already know, but just to check, youre aware of the 4th edition deathwatch rules faq right?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:33 am

My RW colour scheme makes more sense when you see representatives from a few of the companies at once - thought I had a shot of some of them but apparently not. Something for next weekend, perhaps.

On the DW FAQ - yeah, I read it, but like I said in the intro, not much of a gamer. The Apothecary was just a spare mini I had lying around at the time. If I hadn't stoppped there, it would have been Deathwatch bikers, Termies, the works.

Here's a shot of the Captain on his own - the head swap was a real pain, but worth it in the end:

notquiteallhere

screaming_hawk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:08 pm

there are a couple of my grey knights
i dont have vehicles yet xd

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/screaming_hawk95/?mediafilter=images

hope you like 'em
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:10 pm

Well whatever works for you. I dont know if i could do GW stuff for just the modeling.

Id probably go with confrontation miniatures if thats all I was worried about.

Any reason you dont play many games? Sounds like you have more than enough models. Lack of players in the area?

King Kento

King Kento

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:15 pm

screaming_hawk
there are a couple of my grey knights
i dont have vehicles yet xd

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/screaming_hawk95/?mediafilter=images

hope you like 'em

Well Id say work on details, there seem to be a lot of colors bleeding over, and some smudges. On the note of details, flat areas of one color take away from the depth of the model. For example, you made the blades and the little gaurd/hilt things all flat gold on the grey knights. Little changes like that can add a lot.

Also Id reccomend redoing the eyes. The Inquisitor whatever his name is (Ive forgotten) his eyes are just black. Id say get white or bleached bone, and do the eyes again. Then put the skin color back on around it to get them small enough and the right shape. Then take a toothpick or somehting whith whatever color you want the eyes to be and just dab in the dot for each eye.

The blue metal is a nice touch and will keep your army standing out from other grey knight armies. But I would say keep the gaudyness down on models like the vindicaire. A gold ab-plate doesnt really help with the stealthy sniper assassin look.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:34 pm

thanks 4 the tips

screaming_hawk

notquiteallhere

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:49 am

King Kento

Any reason you dont play many games? Sounds like you have more than enough models. Lack of players in the area?

Yeah, that's part of the problem, but mostly it's down to the fact that even after all these years, I'm a bad loser and an even worse winner surprised
I started painting as a means of anger management, which possibly wasn't the best move I could have made, seeing as how the stage right before painting involves the use of sharp tools...

Anyway, I found a shot that (sort of) explains my take on the Rainbows better. Three of my Captains (and the DW captain yet again, sorry!) - X-ray (black and grey), Infrared and Ultraviolet companies represented. Haven't got many representatives from the others (Red, Blue, Green, and so on). I could go into more detail, but for now the pic'll do wink
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:11 pm

Its just so out there. I dont think Ive ever seen anyone try and do the Rainbow Warriors. As odd as i think it is, its better than their original patriotic red, white and blue, which didnt very much match the name of the chapter.

King Kento

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:06 pm

applause @ notquiteallhere

I really like the way the Ordo Xenos squad looks, and especially the tank. However, I always imagined them to have more of a macabre look to them, that the Rhino displays fairly well.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:58 pm

I realized I have never posted any of my army, so here is two of my Tau fire warriors:User Image
and a picture of my two other armies:Space Wolves and Thousand Sons

Krovox

King Kento

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:55 am

The images are pretty low quality, but from what I can see they look pretty good.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:57 am

Yeah, the images are pretty low quality, they were taken with a webcam since a friend of mine wanted to see the new color scheme for my tau. I have higher quality pictures of my armies, but for the life of me, I can't find them.

Krovox

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games