Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Chaplain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:42 pm
I've tried for the last two months, then I deemed it an excercise in futility and bought more marines instead. oh well, maybe when I by my forge world dread. Oh, you said you do conversions for a price, does that apply to us yanks too? PM me if you do, we'll talk.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:16 am
I pm'd you, but the PM system's down now. So... i'll reply here. Generic cost is parts+10% - so obviously, if you need something I can make from bitz I already have, it'll be cheaper. If you need exotic parts, i'll need to order them in, and it'll rise the cost. Complex putty work occasionally increases the price a little, but I doubt you're going to demand anything major on that front.  

Ophiuchus

The_Chaplain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:37 pm
hmmm, I'll have to see about having you work on something for me. I try to do most conversions on my own, but with the one I'm planning I doubt I'd be able to pull it off. I'll PM you with the plans later, if the price is right I'll have you do it for me. blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:22 am
The_Chaplain
hmmm, I'll have to see about having you work on something for me. I try to do most conversions on my own, but with the one I'm planning I doubt I'd be able to pull it off. I'll PM you with the plans later, if the price is right I'll have you do it for me. blaugh
Well, the price is fair. Parts cost (obviously, because it'll cost me money to buy the crap to do the model with!) plus ten percent of that cost for my time and expertise, plus any putty work that has to be done...  

Ophiuchus

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:39 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:50 am
Bigger pics please, it is difficult to see your conversion work.  

The_Chaplain

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:36 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:25 pm
Here are some thumbs of my converted Chaos Dreadnaught, which I am not finished painting yet. I will have finished and completely painted pics hosted ASAP.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

SkitsOverburn

The_Chaplain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:40 pm
We must have a battle b/w our dreadnoughts! Chaos vs. Imperium! Converter's master battle! LOL, seriously though--what legion is that dreadnought for? eek  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:41 pm
Word Bearers. It has the special rules:
Living Vehicle
Daemon Possesion
Dirge Caster

Throw in smoke laucher for fun.

So the Idea was the daemon inside is beginning to break out, hence the eye ball that is barely chained into the dread naught. I used some Dark Eldar blades to make the claw look more menceing, and I used magnets on the arms so I can swith them all out. Also a magnet holds the legs to the torso incase i want to position it diffrently. I had lots of fun on this one, but it mainly came from my dislike of the boxed Chaos Dreadnaught.  

SkitsOverburn

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:23 am
eek By the emperor.....
Makes the holy sign on Imperial Aquila.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:38 pm
OMG! A WB dreadnought! (the only reason I'm freaking out is I write a fanfic about my army, The Confessors--and their most hated enemy is in fact, the word bearers. ZOMG, I wish we could have a dreadnought battle so i could write about it! Does the entombed soldier/daemon have a name?  

The_Chaplain

SkitsOverburn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:32 pm
hehe not yet, I have yet to write any background story for my WB army. Only my IG and Dark Eldar so far have back story. But the soldier that was entombed has become a Daemon. So I should write a bit about it!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:04 pm
Oh god please do! And post it here (in addition to painted pics of t3h dread of doom!  

The_Chaplain

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:24 pm
im going into a string of minor conversions on Soviet Vechiles im going to be making

a T-72 tank with hull heavy bolter or Lascannon have decided yet

a Hind-D with main LasCannon, Wing Mounted rocket pods, Heavy Bolter door guns  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games