Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saint-Saens

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:22 pm
Silver Gryphon

I've decided to give up meat for Lent this year. First time I've ever decided to give something up for Lent. I had a friend who gave up chocolate for Lent and on the first school day after Easter we all brought her chocolate.

Kudos to you, only can you stick with it? I've always given something up for Lent, I haven't yet decided. I was going to give up Gaia, maybe my grades would be better xd . More study time....

Yeah, I prioritize! \m/  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:32 pm
Masquanade
I don't give up anything for lent . . . isn't it Catholics who pratice that? The only bad thing about lent is that school (obviously) won't serve meat on Friday . . . or they'll an option of meatless items . . . x__X; I personally love meat and all the power to ya Silver for giving that up. I once had a friend give up sandwhiches . . . and one day at lunch she stops and looks down and realizes she was eating one. xd

The practice of giving something (usually edible) for Lent is mostly Catholic, but I'm Episcopalian, which is (in the words of Robin Williams) "Catholic lite."

Stupid school is serving bacon for breakfast the morning AFTER Ash Wednesday. Grahr. Eh. As I said, bacon is about the only meat product I eat here...except for the popcorn chicken a week ago which they'd never served before and it was REALLY good. I had an obscenely large pile of fried breaded chicken bits on my plate. I like steak too, but they hardly ever serve steak and when they do it doesn't look trustworthy.

Sandwiches? What's wrong with those? o_O

Yeah, giving up Gaia would be a smarter thing to do than giving up meat. There's that whole...studying thing. But I'm kind of stupid like that. whee

Re: RinoaHeartily
Kenyaaaaaaaaa
Oh Kenyaaaaaaaa
Where the giraffes are
And the zeh-braaahhhhhh....

Wildervast

Space Werewolf

Saint-Saens

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:38 pm
Yes! ROBIN WILLIAMS! I love that guy...and I have 3 of his cd's and I've seen his live on broadway thing....

"Same religion, half the guilt. You know? Catholic you got confession, Episcopals we have Thanksgiving where Dad has a couple of gin and tonics...

*Drunken voice* ' I never loved your mother, you know that don't ya? '

But that's because the Episcopal Church was basically like the Protestant Church. It was Henry VIII going "I'm pope now! AHAHAHA!" But then there were other Protestants thinking he was too loose, and they formed the Puritans, our ancestors. People so uptight the English kicked them out..."

hehe. There's more...but I'm too lazy.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:48 pm
xd "Robin Williams Live On Broadway" = funniest thing ever. Well, one of them.

---

Q: How many Episcopalians does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Three. One to change the light bulb, one to mix the drinks, and one to talk about how good the old bulb was.

...Maybe I should just stop with the obscure religious humor before I start getting more odd looks.  

Wildervast

Space Werewolf

Saint-Saens

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:51 pm
Silver Gryphon
xd "Robin Williams Live On Broadway" = funniest thing ever. Well, one of them.

---

Q: How many Episcopalians does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Three. One to change the light bulb, one to mix the drinks, and one to talk about how good the old bulb was.

...Maybe I should just stop with the obscure religious humor before I start getting more odd looks.

"Why don't they have a realistic beer commercial? It's 5 o'clock in the morning you've just pissed on a dumpster, it's miller time..." xd

I would send you the CD's I have, if you want.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:16 am
Last night I dreamed that I was on Gaia and the admins had decided to make certain items crossdressable. So lots of guy avatars had on skirts and dresses, and I went and bought some bowties (they'd made the black one available as a store item, for some reason).

I really need to spend more time away from the computer. razz  

Wildervast

Space Werewolf

Saint-Saens

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:37 pm
Silver Gryphon
Last night I dreamed that I was on Gaia and the admins had decided to make certain items crossdressable. So lots of guy avatars had on skirts and dresses, and I went and bought some bowties (they'd made the black one available as a store item, for some reason).

Wow....just....wow....

Sounds like a blast though! whee  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:38 pm
Silver Gryphon

Do you really think you can keep yourself away from the computer? xd  

RinoaHeartilly

DiddleFreak61387

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:49 pm
i know i can, i'm doing it right now, wait a minute, no i'm not... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:06 pm
Nintendo Punk 05
i know i can, i'm doing it right now, wait a minute, no i'm not... sweatdrop

lol xd  

RinoaHeartilly

Wildervast

Space Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:44 pm
I spilled milk on my computer keyboard.

I wiped it off, and there's a rubber barrier between the keys and the circuitry, but t's beginning to smell nasty now.

What should I do? gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:48 pm
Silver Gryphon
I spilled milk on my computer keyboard.

I wiped it off, and there's a rubber barrier between the keys and the circuitry, but t's beginning to smell nasty now.

What should I do? gonk

Hm....It depends on what kind of keyboard you have...
Like for mine, (school laptop) I'd just take it in and have them give me a new keyboard.

Or, if you can, pop off your keys and wipe it down..
Or buy a new keyboard. Or call a tech thingy dude from your computer's company 3nodding  

Saint-Saens

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:20 pm
hey mods don't forget-
watch out for the 1k member!
I will k33l j00 if you miss it
domokun
wargh

Just kididng 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:16 pm

LIEK OMG 6 MORE LOL!!!

Wildervast

Space Werewolf

Saint-Saens

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:20 pm
Masquanade
hey mods don't forget-
watch out for the 1k member!
I will k33l j00 if you miss it
domokun
wargh

Just kididng 3nodding

What does the 1,000th member get anyways? Anything special?  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games