Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Albino - Cedric

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:24 pm
Loonamist
At the latest, someone will be getting to it this evening : ) I'm studying for a midterm on Tuesday, and a Final next week, and I know Spectral's having a hard time with her internet, but one of us will try and get a response to you soon ^^ Sorry about the delay D: I think we all got caught up in a few things, but we'll try and have a response to you soon

Bleh. Finals....Funny how they always come up even when you personally don't have to take them. Such is the internet. Well, good luck with your exams! Go kick some testing butt!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:32 pm
Albino - Cedric
Loonamist
At the latest, someone will be getting to it this evening : ) I'm studying for a midterm on Tuesday, and a Final next week, and I know Spectral's having a hard time with her internet, but one of us will try and get a response to you soon ^^ Sorry about the delay D: I think we all got caught up in a few things, but we'll try and have a response to you soon

Bleh. Finals....Funny how they always come up even when you personally don't have to take them. Such is the internet. Well, good luck with your exams! Go kick some testing butt!

Haha thank you! I'll do my best! I'm starting to feel a bit more comfortable with the material, so I'll try and have a response out for you soon : )  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:07 am
Okay so battle scenario:

I have Prinplup go first, trade him out for Greninja so they both get experience.
Now Greninja is at level 100 so he doesn't gain EXP anymore.
Battle ends and normally Greninja and Prinplup split the EXP gain.
With Greninja at 100 does Prinplup gain ALL the EXP?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:35 am
Shadow - Dragon
Okay so battle scenario:

I have Prinplup go first, trade him out for Greninja so they both get experience.

Sorry, no D: The exp is still split, Greninja just doesn't grow anymore from it. Unfortunately, it just doesn't make sense logically, plus it can be far too easily abused. So Piplup would still only get ~half the exp.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Daring Investigator 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:52 am
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon
Okay so battle scenario:

Sorry, no D: The exp is still split, Greninja just doesn't grow anymore from it. Unfortunately, it just doesn't make sense logically, plus it can be far too easily abused. So Piplup would still only get ~half the exp.

You guys could just do what X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire do - not too sure about the rest of the games - and give all participants full EXP gain....  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:56 am
Jewel of Antares
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon
Okay so battle scenario:

You guys could just do what X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire do - not too sure about the rest of the games - and give all participants full EXP gain....

We discussed that, but it seems like it can be too easily abused, especially in the guild system.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:08 am
Loonamist
Jewel of Antares
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon
Okay so battle scenario:

We discussed that, but it seems like it can be too easily abused, especially in the guild system.

I really don't understand how it can be abused. Doesn't it just mean people will have to be more cautious when battling, because one battle can bring a Pokémon above a trainer's control limit? If anything, it provides more of a challenge.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:23 am
Jewel of Antares
Loonamist
Jewel of Antares
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon
Okay so battle scenario:

I really don't understand how it can be abused. Doesn't it just mean people will have to be more cautious when battling, because one battle can bring a Pokémon above a trainer's control limit? If anything, it provides more of a challenge.

No, because then you can have a level 100 pokemon go to an area where it can easily defeat pokemon, which can be as high as level 50 or 60, which gives 35 exp per battle. The pokemon's HP is at 1000 and since the trainer can decide what move the opponent uses, they can do... a ton of battles with just switching a low level pokemon out and defeating the opponent with the level 100. Now a level 5 pokemon or something is getting 35 exp per battle without any real effort, because defeating the pokemon there is fairly easy for the level 100, and they aren't taking much damage in the process.

It just seems like it can be too easily abused when you can gain large chunks of exp at a time, and then shunt it off to a pokemon who just showed up for half a turn during the battle. It also logically just doesn't make much sense.

Also, people with a level 100 pokemon likely have enough badges to control pokemon to a pretty high level, so I don't think it would pose much of a challenge, to be honest.

Leveling up a low level pokemon when you have high level pokemon should be easier, and we recognize this, we just don't think it should be quite that easy because it seems like it has too much potential to be abused.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:36 pm
Loonamist

No, because then you can have a level 100 pokemon go to an area where it can easily defeat pokemon, which can be as high as level 50 or 60, which gives 35 exp per battle. The pokemon's HP is at 1000 and since the trainer can decide what move the opponent uses, they can do... a ton of battles with just switching a low level pokemon out and defeating the opponent with the level 100. Now a level 5 pokemon or something is getting 35 exp per battle without any real effort, because defeating the pokemon there is fairly easy for the level 100, and they aren't taking much damage in the process.

See the bolded part makes sense but doesn't since I pick the top learned moves so the ones learned at the highest level. Then I do the Random dice roll for the attacks. So I don't actually control the outcome, I've used up items in battles as well so if I do it in this method should I be allowed to use Greninja (lv 100) in battles? Or should I make it so that all the Pokemon I battle use attacks that do no real damage so that I can use lower level Pokemon by themselves?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:26 am
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist

See the bolded part makes sense but doesn't since I pick the top learned moves so the ones learned at the highest level. Then I do the Random dice roll for the attacks. So I don't actually control the outcome, I've used up items in battles as well so if I do it in this method should I be allowed to use Greninja (lv 100) in battles? Or should I make it so that all the Pokemon I battle use attacks that do no real damage so that I can use lower level Pokemon by themselves?

Yes, I know that's how you do it, but not everyone does, and we can't make rules that apply to just one person. How you battle is basically up to you when it comes to NPC's and wild pokemon, but having all the exp go to the lower level pokemon just because your other pokemon is level 100 is just too easy to abuse in general. Plus, logically, it doesn't really make sense for a pokemon that's only in a battle for half a turn to gain all the exp.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:47 pm
When a Psychic Pokemon uses Miracle Eye so that psychic attacks can hit dark Pokemon what's the damage calculation? Does it become normal? Is it not very effective?

Also going back to the last question, does that mean I can select the moves used myself?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:31 pm
Shadow - Dragon
When a Psychic Pokemon uses Miracle Eye so that psychic attacks can hit dark Pokemon what's the damage calculation? Does it become normal? Is it not very effective?

Also going back to the last question, does that mean I can select the moves used myself?

If the pokemon is dual type, it depends, but a just dark-type pokemon's effectiveness will be x1 damage if Miracle Eye is used and it's hit with a psychic move : )
For dual types, I believe it depends on the other type.... Basically just remove the dark typing. So a pokemon like Scraggy, fighting/dark, has x2 effectiveness, etc.

And yes, of course o.o I don't think we have any rules or anything stating otherwise.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:57 pm
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon

If the pokemon is dual type, it depends, but a just dark-type pokemon's effectiveness will be x1 damage if Miracle Eye is used and it's hit with a psychic move : )
For dual types, I believe it depends on the other type.... Basically just remove the dark typing. So a pokemon like Scraggy, fighting/dark, has x2 effectiveness, etc.

And yes, of course o.o I don't think we have any rules or anything stating otherwise.

So it's Pawniard so steel/dark so just 1x  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:01 pm
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon

So it's Pawniard so steel/dark so just 1x

Actually, steel is resistant to psychic, so it would be .5x : )  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:18 pm
Wasn't Pawniard yesterday's Lady Selphy wish? Or....Am I time confused?  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games