Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The Great British Tea Debate! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you regularly drink tea?
Yes, yes I do.
75%
 75%  [ 43 ]
No, no I do not.
24%
 24%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 57

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:29 am
Hob Nobs all round!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:45 am
muahaha I just happen to be sitting here with a packet of Hobnobs in front of me right now whee Never a greater biscuit did exist heart I must express my sympathy for those who had never heard of The Beano or Jammie Dodgers blaugh  

xXx White Lily xXx

whathedickens

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:45 pm
And Soup
xXx White Lily xXx
*sigh* I'm sure you're right... I'm sure if we could just get them to try a couple of Jammie Dodgers, they'd be converted to our ways in no time

Jammie dodgers. /slur Wonder if Americans have ever heard of the Beano?

LOL! If you said "Beano" to an American, you'd get a snigger:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beano_(dietary_supplement)

As for hobnobs.... caramel digestives >>>>>> hobnobs

mintchip40459
Three cheers for Earl Grey!

Huzzah!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:25 am
whathedickens
caramel digestives >>>>>> hobnobs
surprised Never!  

xXx White Lily xXx

whathedickens

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:26 pm
Always. blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:25 am
NEVER!!!!  

and_solo_said

Arcsun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:28 am
Psh, hobnobs are more rewarding, long term.

Wysiwyg when it comes to caramel digestives. xD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:18 pm
Biting off either end of a penguin and sucking the tea through. Ditto with the kit kat, although is there anything more satistfying than running your nail down the edge of a chocolate ridge in that metallic wrapper?

I pray it will never leave us entirely.  

ficklefiend
Crew

Warnersister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:51 am
ficklefiend
Biting off either end of a penguin and sucking the tea through. Ditto with the kit kat, although is there anything more satistfying than running your nail down the edge of a chocolate ridge in that metallic wrapper?

Do you still manage to find foil-wrapped Kit Kats then? I thought they died out sad I used to like rubbing the foil until the Rowntree's writing came through (showing my age there!).

I've discovered the joy of decaff tea for the evenings. It doesn't taste bad, actually. Must say though, the only dipping biscuit for me is a chocolate covered digestive biggrin

DW  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:07 pm
I've run out of milk!!!

crying  

Bronze Griffin

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:35 am
Bronze Griffin
I've run out of milk!!!

crying

Mwahahahaha

..wait, I never have milk.

crying  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:25 pm
Warnersister
ficklefiend

Do you still manage to find foil-wrapped Kit Kats then? I thought they died out sad I used to like rubbing the foil until the Rowntree's writing came through (showing my age there!).

I've discovered the joy of decaff tea for the evenings. It doesn't taste bad, actually. Must say though, the only dipping biscuit for me is a chocolate covered digestive biggrin

DW

The 25p kitkats are all still foil wraped. They almost the only chocolate you can get at my school since the healthy eating no chocolate thing came through.

I'm with the hobnobs.
I like jaffa cakes to but they're an eternal source of disapointment, whereas hobnobs are always better than you thought they'd be. And you can't dip jaffas.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:16 pm
Warnersister
ficklefiend

DW

Nestle, surely?

If you buy the multipacks, yes, they still come foil wrapped. I haven't seen any 2 fingered ones in a shop environment recently but they seem to come in plastic from vending machines. I think they still come in foil from most shops though.

Save The Foil!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:20 pm
ice_illusion

I like jaffa cakes to but they're an eternal source of disapointment, whereas hobnobs are always better than you thought they'd be. And you can't dip jaffas.

Jaffacakes are alot more fun if you make yourself a mission to dissect the orangey bit from the rest of the cake. Getting a perfectly clear, round orange jelly brings an immense satifaction.

Boasters people, Boasters.  

ficklefiend
Crew

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:35 am
redblackspider
I never have sugar in my tea and I really do wonder what other people have.
Give us your tea making preferences.

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces