Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:15 pm
WTF happened to my xbox?? One moment Im downloading an update and the next moment it looks like I have a whole new gaming system with a little annoying avatar on the screen begging for attention.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:05 pm
So you think you can shove lies down my throat
I don't think you understand
I don't give a ******** about your god said so
Just stay away from me

I believe Microsoft's reasoning is...

"Attending to the need of family gaming and the Japanese market."

So, in other words, they made it look nicer for the kids and made an avatar system to interest the Wii-loving bunch.

You have no idea how badly I want to say something, but there might be a Wii fan here...

You're not the one
Don't push your problems on me
I'm not the one
You know I'm not your kind

}{Pain - Not Your Kind}{

Necro Fusion

GamerChik240

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:28 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
WTF happened to my xbox?? One moment Im downloading an update and the next moment it looks like I have a whole new gaming system with a little annoying avatar on the screen begging for attention.

HAHA I hope you Enjoy your new Mii... while I sit here with my verson of second life........ okay.. that sounded much better in my head....  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:52 pm
I have a Wii ninja aaaaaaand a PS3 sweatdrop tho those two are more or less collecting dust  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Necro Fusion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:19 pm
Just stay away from me

Wii is good for when you want to play wacky waiving inflatable arm flailing tube man with some friends.

The PS3 is a good cheap Blu-Ray player.

The 360 is a gaming console turning slowing into what the Japanese market wants it to be.

So, basically, everywhere is becoming Japan ^^ Except for the PC, thankfully.

You're not the one
I'm not the one

}{Pain - Not Your Kind}{

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:48 pm
-_- the playstation is more that just a god damn blu-ray player. freaking Ratchet and Clank FToD man!, Lair. had some good merits, uncharted Drakes fortune, Heavenly sword(s), Metal Gear 4 I liked. first metal gear I actually enjoyed playing.

I Wii ..... well I agree with Necro.... no skill required to play a wii thus killing the challenge.

and well 360 is a decent well rounded console that just happens to roll over and die for no apparant reason.

but I Digress I honestly prefer Playstaion for my gaming needs.  

GamerChik240

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:00 pm

The only reason that there's no challenge involved with the Wii is that no developers will take it seriously. Nintendo has always had a strained relationship with third party developers, and the Wii made it even worse by forcing developers to adapt to an entirely new control scheme.

What about Metroid Prime 3: Corruption? Super Smash Bros.: Brawl?

It'll take a few things to make the Wii shine. For one, developers need to take it's graphical power seriously. Enough of these ******** PS2 graphical ports. Use Metroid Prime 3 as the benchmark and go upward. It just pisses me off...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:07 am
Just stay away from me

There are always conflicting views with everything.

I agree with both of you, though. The PS3 does have some pretty damn good games as well, and the Wii... Yeah, it DOES have Brawl.

The Wii also does have the potential to have a really kick a** game (Red Steel COULD have been that game if they did it right!)

I just tend to prefer the stuff that the Xbox has over the PS3 and the Wii. Most importantly the online Live they have, but their games are just more appealing to me since they have more of a PC Gamer feeling. It IS Microsoft, after all. ^^
Oh, and the 360 has the best designed controller in my mind. It feels natural to me, unlike the PS3 where the joysticks are both down in the bottom middle, and the Wii is flinging around a TV remote... Yeah...

SO, HOW ABOUT 'DEM GAMES COMING OUT? sweatdrop

You're not the one
I'm not the one

}{Pain - Not Your Kind}{

Necro Fusion

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:46 am

Eeh...I've gotten comfortable on all of the controller schemes. I grew up on an NES and N64, played Playstation at a friend's house two or three days a week, and occasionally got in some XBox time at another friend's house. I don't have any trouble going from one solid controller to the other, and I have a controller for my PC that's based around a PS2 controller. The Wii tried to be innovative and got shot in the a**.

As far as it goes, there's a game in the works for the Wii called "Conflict" (I think. It's in the most recent issue of Game Informer.) that looks to be the FPS that you're talking about, Necro. They're really gonna push the graphics engine and have stated that they're using Red Steel and Metroid Prime 3 as their jumping off points, mixing some elements of each and fixing what ailed them. To be fair, CoD World at War turned out pretty damned slick on the Wii. Oh well. It'll have to live in the shadow of its meatier cousins.

As far as games, I'm hoping to pick up a copy of a classic that I never completed in the coming...well, I'm probably gonna get it for Christmas. I'm talking Resident Evil 4 here. On my last run through on the Gamecube, I got through up to the bioengineering facility and got stuck when I ran out of ammo against the Iron Maiden.

I know it's sad, but I actually ran out of ammo completely in Resident Evil 4. That used to be less of a point of shame in the old Resident Evil games when they were tooled to make you save every shot. In RE4, the only gun that I was ever careful with on ammo was the rifle, and that's just 'cause there was no need to waste ammo on a gun that can instakill everything with a headshot (provided they didn't spawn a Parasite).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:57 am
Just stay away from me

Hmm... Then I might have a reason to dust off the Wii for a while if that game is good.

Ah yes, Resident Evil 4... I played that about... Oh, I dunno, 6 times entirely on the Gamecube? xd It was and still is fun to this day. biggrin

And I always remembered that I used the pistols the most. I don't remember the name of the pistol, but I always used the one that Louis had with a stock on it. Maxed out stats on that thing meant everything died.

And then I would keep a shotgun for a secondary gun.

Damn it, now I want to play it... Thanks, Caleidah, I'll have to steal my friend's Gamecube that I sold to him in the first place xd

You're not the one
I'm not the one

}{Pain - Not Your Kind}{

Necro Fusion

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:25 pm

Ah yes, the Red 9! I loved that gun, and actually kept ahold of it until I bought the...piss, the pistol that becomes available just after you kill the midget. I think in the end I had its capacity up to around 20 rounds and was popping heads one of every eight shots. Actually, with maxed stats, the first pistol in the game has a 25% Head Pop rate. Pretty hilarious.

Also, the Wii version allows for all of the new spiffiness that was added into the PS2 version, including the Laser and the alternate costumes (including the amazing, invincible Armored Ashley).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:27 pm
I remember that there's a bloody chainsaw controller for that game ninja  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:19 am
Kaori Kapoigne
I remember that there's a bloody chainsaw controller for that game ninja

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.There is indeed. I believe that there was even a version made with a switch that flipped the teeth on.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:23 pm
Wowie, thats a mean looking controller, how would you hold it to play that game?? xp

Gears of War is being re-enacted in real life now gonk  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:07 pm

This and the sequel pieces are how you use it as a controller.

General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games