Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:39 am
Lt. Brookman
Caleidah
Lady Blodwynn
Why ever would people pretend to be Irish? Just for free drinks?

I'm 1/16th Irish. No need to pretend, even though I'm not really all that Irish.

My father's mother's mother's father is Irish. Ellis was the name.
And I'm half female, seeing as my mother is that.

Really now, I find it laughable that Americans cling so desperately to such thinned roots just so they can have bragging rights about something (not you Paul!). You don't hear me say I'm 1/24th British.
I'm sure we can give you certain transplants to make you more British. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:57 am
Lt. Brookman
Caleidah
Lady Blodwynn

I'm 1/16th Irish. No need to pretend, even though I'm not really all that Irish.

Really now, I find it laughable that Americans cling so desperately to such thinned roots just so they can have bragging rights about something (not you Paul!). You don't hear me say I'm 1/24th British.
You've gotta understand though, most Americans are pretty damn spread out; a lot of them don't have a single root greater than 1/16 or 1/8. I'm 1/8th Greek, and that's not even from the same side of the family, but from 1/16 on each side, and that's the single largest chunk of my lineage.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:16 am
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
Caleidah
Lady Blodwynn

You've gotta understand though, most Americans are pretty damn spread out; a lot of them don't have a single root greater than 1/16 or 1/8. I'm 1/8th Greek, and that's not even from the same side of the family, but from 1/16 on each side, and that's the single largest chunk of my lineage.
What's wrong with just proclaiming yourselves American?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:04 am
I know that I am American. I have absolutely no qualms admitting that I'm a blue blooded yank. That said, I like to try and learn a bit about my family's background/history, and part of that is learning where they're from. That said, my mom was first generation born in the US. In that respect, I'm still fresh(ish) blood to the US.

I just danced in a circle and said nothing of import. Yay.

-=Edit=-
Mac, there are special bars for folks who have that same ailment of being "half-female." wink  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:10 am
It's all about heritage, or a perceived lack of. America is a young country and as such, many feel that they lack in heritage, unlike the "Old World" so to say. It just boggles me that people claim to be distantly Irish just to bask in the kudos of the moment or something like that. Isn't that what St. Patrick's Day is for though, so people everywhere can be Irish for a day?

Oh, while I'm at it, the 30th of April we're celebrating Queen's Day in my country, so wear something orange that day and you'll be a honorary Dutchman for the day! wink  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Not the right hand, I'm the hand itself.

Because I'm a ruddy bloody villain, the definition is clear you'r the witness of a grilling.  

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:11 pm
I bet that makes you very popular at children's parties. Can I book you for an afternoon? xd  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:20 pm
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
Caleidah
Lady Blodwynn

personally, i am not really "proud" persay to be english, however, i am proud of who im related to; Franklin Roosevelt (the 32nd pres of the USA i beleive).

most people are related to someone famous anyways, just mine is somewhat more recent... XD  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:37 pm
Lt. Brookman
It's all about heritage, or a perceived lack of. America is a young country and as such, many feel that they lack in heritage, unlike the "Old World" so to say. It just boggles me that people claim to be distantly Irish just to bask in the kudos of the moment or something like that. Isn't that what St. Patrick's Day is for though, so people everywhere can be Irish for a day?

Oh, while I'm at it, the 30th of April we're celebrating Queen's Day in my country, so wear something orange that day and you'll be a honorary Dutchman for the day! wink

I'm half dutch already does that count?

I mean, I see myself as fully Canadian seeing as how my parents were born here. It's just that my mothers parents moved to Canada from Holland while married an then had my mom. But I still see myself as a hoser first and foremost.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:54 pm
Lt. Brookman

I don't feel like I'm lacking heritage. It's not like I walk around pulling for Germany or the Czech Republic for sports, or claim some insane things as such. I'm proud of my family heritage. The thing for being Irish...I wasn't doing it to bask. It was more of a comment by association to topic at hand. I just so happened to learn it while spending time with my dad on St. Pat's.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:42 am
Lt. Brookman
Fetch me my orange blow up crown, I'll take you up on that offer. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:04 am
Lady Blodwynn
I bet that makes you very popular at children's parties. Can I book you for an afternoon? xd

Sure, as long as I get payed, I'm not bothered. ninja  

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Glorious Leader Luna

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:25 am
Using a technicality I am 25% Australian

Way back in the 1940's My nan moved to Australia and got a Australian citizenship

thus making her legally Australian

But other than that I know nothing of a heritage other than being British/English  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:29 am
fire - link
personally, i am not really "proud" persay to be english,
Might I ask why you aren't proud?  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games