Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:30 pm
See, people may give us crap about being "obsessed" with Warhammer... But stuff like that is proof that there are so many people that are so much worse...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:03 am
Hey, there is nothing wrong with Starcraft.

It just so happens that it is the most balanced RTS that has the highest skill ceiling making it the best competetive game you can find out there.

Turns out it's a great spectator sport too.

Now if you were talking about Twilight obsession, I'd agree completely with you.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:54 pm
Sir Kyle Aziz
Hey, there is nothing wrong with Starcraft.

It just so happens that it is the most balanced RTS that has the highest skill ceiling making it the best competetive game you can find out there.

Turns out it's a great spectator sport too.

Now if you were talking about Twilight obsession, I'd agree completely with you.
I'd disagree on both points, I find starcraft boring and repetitive, but eh.

Definitely agree on Twilight, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:13 pm
Sir Kyle Aziz
balanced

I lol'd.

-=Edit=-
I only lol'd because I get my a** handed to me by people that go for the standard "omfgzerglin'rush" tactic. When I counter it, I steamroll folks. Seems like the balance only exists at the preposterously high skill levels that we see from pro players.

Anyway, I'm home for the week. Nothing like getting back home on the edge of the middle of nowhere for a while.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:36 am
I can't help but notice that the guild banner is still disabled after a month.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:34 am
Ah, piss. I'm on break this week, I'll try to remember.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:56 am
Caleidah
Sir Kyle Aziz
balanced

I lol'd.

-=Edit=-
I only lol'd because I get my a** handed to me by people that go for the standard "omfgzerglin'rush" tactic. When I counter it, I steamroll folks. Seems like the balance only exists at the preposterously high skill levels that we see from pro players.

Anyway, I'm home for the week. Nothing like getting back home on the edge of the middle of nowhere for a while.

Weeeeell, I would like to say skill level will always make a game imbalanced. However if that zerg player had any sort of good economy working for him, or any semblance of how to play. They'd know how to scout and know what you're theoretically doing so they can not waste effort trying to be cheap with a cheesy rush.

How the balance boils down to also encompases how well you know the game and the mechanics of it. I mean you'd think you know but until you do any digging into proleague stuff. Chances are you don't really know when what units are good against what race, and what to build when ect.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:04 am
Sir Kyle Aziz
Caleidah
Sir Kyle Aziz
balanced

I lol'd.

-=Edit=-

Weeeeell, I would like to say skill level will always make a game imbalanced. However if that zerg player had any sort of good economy working for him, or any semblance of how to play. They'd know how to scout and know what you're theoretically doing so they can not waste effort trying to be cheap with a cheesy rush.

How the balance boils down to also encompases how well you know the game and the mechanics of it. I mean you'd think you know but until you do any digging into proleague stuff. Chances are you don't really know when what units are good against what race, and what to build when ect.

Thing is, I much prefer to play a game for fun. The only thing that I'm even close to being constantly SRSBIZ about is Bad Company 2, but that is only because I can still have fun while doing that. Had a great moment the other day where I was playing on the opposite team as three friends. In about five seconds, I knifed all three of them. It was awesome, if only because I heard their yells of rage and horror as I did so.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:00 pm
Lt. Brookman
I've notified people of this, though that was some time ago now. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:32 pm
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman

As I said, I'll get there.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:54 pm
Happy Pi Day, everyone.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:56 pm
Caleidah
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman

As I said, I'll get there.
I don't want to rush people! Ignore what I said! sweatdrop  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:05 am
Pi=3.141593  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:49 am
Jason Kharo
Pi=3.141593

However, the "acceptable equivalent" is 3.14. That said, 3:14 at 1500 is as close as we will get for a while.Next one will be 2015 at 9:30.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:26 pm
3.14 % of sailors are Pirates  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games