Welcome to Gaia! ::

Poll Whores Unite! ~A Discussion Poll Guild~

Back to Guilds

Reply Main Forum
The 'nothing better to do' bump thread [Official] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do you visit this guild?
  Friends!
  Games...where are they??
  Routine really.
  Polls silly!
View Results

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:07 pm
original karbear
JeeszyCreezy
With the theory of evolution in mind why do zebra's have stripes?

I think it was just a black horse and a white horse having baby horses and they came out with stripes.

I honestly have no idea where that came from ><
Good thought! Maybe a white horse and a black were charging at each other and when they crashed it made one zebra O: XD

Yeah but seriously what need is there to have stripes?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:36 pm
JeeszyCreezy
original karbear
JeeszyCreezy

I think it was just a black horse and a white horse having baby horses and they came out with stripes.

Good thought! Maybe a white horse and a black were charging at each other and when they crashed it made one zebra O: XD

Perhaps at first, it scared off most predators? Think about it, if a big bully at school was going around picking on little kids, and he came to one kid with stripes, do you think he'd pick on the striped kid?

original karbear

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:11 pm
Is this a real conversation? x.x; Because if it is... it's driving me nuts. xD;;  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:01 pm
sdrawkcab
Is this a real conversation? x.x; Because if it is... it's driving me nuts. xD;;

Why is it driving you nuts?!

original karbear

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:19 am
original karbear
JeeszyCreezy
original karbear
JeeszyCreezy

Perhaps at first, it scared off most predators? Think about it, if a big bully at school was going around picking on little kids, and he came to one kid with stripes, do you think he'd pick on the striped kid?
That might be it. Don't lions eat zebras? x.x I don't know I was thinking it might be like with birds to attract the opposite sex.
I don't know XD I think a bully at school would just pick on the easy targets.
XD that's like on 'ten things I hate about you'
"We will shock them then they will forget to play and goal we win"
'yeah but how will we distract them?'
"*flashes*"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:44 pm
original karbear
sdrawkcab

> .<;; There was no real issue with it. I was just being cranky. I.. really don't know why I posted that. XD;;  

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:47 pm
sdrawkcab
original karbear
sdrawkcab

> .<;; There was no real issue with it. I was just being cranky. I.. really don't know why I posted that. XD;;
You were drinking cranberry juice without me weren't you!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:53 pm
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
original karbear
sdrawkcab

Well i do that anyway... It's kind of hard not to when I drink it all the time. ;P
But I just remembered why I said that. XD I was cranky, yes... but I was also in a very scientific mood... and just wanted to see the scientific answer said. ><; Yeah... that's it... I'm going to just slip away now. <.< >.>

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:04 pm
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
original karbear
sdrawkcab

Well i do that anyway... It's kind of hard not to when I drink it all the time. ;P
But I just remembered why I said that. XD I was cranky, yes... but I was also in a very scientific mood... and just wanted to see the scientific answer said. ><; Yeah... that's it... I'm going to just slip away now. <.< >.>
Well I posted it hoping for a scientific answer but I really have no clue why zebra's are like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:55 pm
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
original karbear
sdrawkcab

Well I posted it hoping for a scientific answer but I really have no clue why zebra's are like that.
Camoflage. That's why they stay in herds. The lines blur the edges of the zebras and make it hard to tell one zebra from other or how many there are.

XD;; I ran to double check myself:
http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=896386
I was close. :]

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:31 pm
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
Camoflage. That's why they stay in herds. The lines blur the edges of the zebras and make it hard to tell one zebra from other or how many there are.

I first thought camoflage but wha that's crazy cool! Gives the hunter double vision.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:35 pm
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab

I first thought camoflage but wha that's crazy cool! Gives the hunter double vision.
o: Zebras rock.
XD It's usually safe to guess camoflage. Except for in the case of like.. male peacocks. But in their case, they aren't really looking out for their own survival~ they just want to pass on their good genes.

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:46 pm
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab

XD It's usually safe to guess camoflage. Except for in the case of like.. male peacocks. But in their case, they aren't really looking out for their own survival~ they just want to pass on their good genes.
Why yes they do.
Well like I said earlier there are some male birds that have crazy color but it's just to attract the female.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:40 pm
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab

Why yes they do.
Well like I said earlier there are some male birds that have crazy color but it's just to attract the female.
I still have to do my zebra picture that I planned out... um... six years ago. XD;;
Mhmm. But I learned in a class why that's so. Why would females be attracted to the brighter colors? It's because... well~ I don't remember the exact details, but~ for example: The same protein that's used to make a tail bright red is the same protein used in the immune system to fight off diseases. If a male bird is sickly and his immune system is working overtime, he doesn't have enough of that protein to put into the tail. The female can see that a dull tail equals sick equals bad genes. o:
XD; And with what I was saying before, the bio teacher said that the measure of a male's life isn't how many years he lives, but in how many children he has. ^^;; So~ I was referring to that quote that popped up in my head without saying it.

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:44 am
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab

Why yes they do.
I still have to do my zebra picture that I planned out... um... six years ago. XD;;
Mhmm. But I learned in a class why that's so. Why would females be attracted to the brighter colors? It's because... well~ I don't remember the exact details, but~ for example: The same protein that's used to make a tail bright red is the same protein used in the immune system to fight off diseases. If a male bird is sickly and his immune system is working overtime, he doesn't have enough of that protein to put into the tail. The female can see that a dull tail equals sick equals bad genes. o:
XD; And with what I was saying before, the bio teacher said that the measure of a male's life isn't how many years he lives, but in how many children he has. ^^;; So~ I was referring to that quote that popped up in my head without saying it.
XD you sound as bad as me and my water color piece.
Yes, I watched a special on tv about that. ^__^
Well I guess that makes sense if you consider the meaning of life.

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games