Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:07 am
ninja the Witch Hunter's handbook, I gots[sic] it! I got it ahead of the release date! GW screwed up and I got it!

I GOT THE BOOK OF BOOKS! pirate  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:30 am
Still waiting on that one, as well as the new Horus Heresy book..whens that come out anyhow? i think it would be neat if in this last book(i thinks its the last one) they said the Emperor's name.  

Warlord Kartanus

7,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:52 am
The Emperor has no mortal name! He has long since dropped such a petty attachement. Besides, he is just the Emperor and not Bob or Steve.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:05 pm
Lt. Brookman
The Emperor has no mortal name! He has long since dropped such a petty attachement. Besides, he is just the Emperor and not Bob or Steve.

I'm sure I heard that the late E. Unthran knows his name.

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:24 pm
Bah! Eldars know plenty, but they didn't know that She Who Thirsts was coming? Smart a** china cone dolls got what they deserved! Besides, if anything, the Emperor's name would something Turkish, as he was born there all those millennia ago.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:24 pm
I'm currently almost through reading the Last Chancers collection. In the middle of Annihilation Squad right now.  

Big Boss OBrien

ravener2759

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:26 am
The Ultramarines Omnibus was alright as a whole, the first two books were excelent, but Dead Sky, Black Sun was a bit.... I don't know, it just didn't feel the same.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:31 am
I only enjoyed the parts about Honsou in Dead Sky, Black Sun, there's something about that b*****d that makes him so cool. Must be the fact that he kicks a sleeping greater daemon awake and starts bossing him around. whee  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

ravener2759

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:26 pm
Lt. Brookman
I only enjoyed the parts about Honsou in Dead Sky, Black Sun, there's something about that b*****d that makes him so cool. Must be the fact that he kicks a sleeping greater daemon awake and starts bossing him around. whee
Yeah, Honsou was great, but my problem with it is that there was no real ending for Uriel and Pasanius, i mean.... they even joined forces with, well, you know.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:01 am
Eh, ******** those blue pansies, Honsou stole the show for me throughout the whole novel. From the gore splattering intro between a certain dreadnought and a marine to the Daemon fighting end. I also loved the part where he got obsessed with the Necron arm.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

x.Shino.x

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:22 pm
Yay I finished reading Traitor General yesterday, it was good overall but the ending kinda pisses me off....its like the Halo 2 ending you know?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:06 pm
Lt. Brookman
Eh, ******** those blue pansies, Honsou stole the show for me throughout the whole novel. From the gore splattering intro between a certain dreadnought and a marine to the Daemon fighting end. I also loved the part where he got obsessed with the Necron arm.
Yeah, that was great, the dreadnaught part. although i did like the part where he bascially took down a titan. 3nodding  

ravener2759

x.Shino.x

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:23 pm
ravener2759
Lt. Brookman
Yeah, that was great, the dreadnaught part. although i did like the part where he bascially took down a titan. 3nodding

eek man I gotta read that book...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:46 pm
x.Shino.x
ravener2759
Lt. Brookman

eek man I gotta read that book...
You'll have to read the first two books to fully understand then third, but only half of the third book was good in my opinion, mainly the parts with Honsou. He's a beast.

Ario and Ideaus are also pretty cool, but nothing compaired to Honsou. Theres this Dark Eldar / Necron / slightly Chaos thing going on in the first book, and a huge Tyranid invasion in the second. I felt like I was missing out on the a class psyker and the ork parts that were mentioned a few times.

ravener2759

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:35 am
Those are in short stories published elsewhere. PLEASE note that Honsou is the main character in the rare and seldom seen novel Storm of Iron. Now that's a book that makes a good prequel to Dead Sky, Black Sun.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games