Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lightandshadow13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:01 pm
hey do any one know and idea on good color for incubli/dark reapers

cause i making an incubli/dark reaper conversion for my eldar amy. also

should i use an bestail brown undercoat tehn cover wth bleach bone or i sould i use sorcered brown?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:22 pm
lightandshadow13
hey do any one know and idea on good color for incubli/dark reapers

cause i making an incubli/dark reaper conversion for my eldar amy. also

should i use an bestail brown undercoat tehn cover wth bleach bone or i sould i use sorcered brown?
Don't just use the two colors. Go through a range of them.
Graveyard Earth, Desert Yellow, Commando Khaki, Bleached Bone.
Please remember to water down these paints a bit. Painting in layers looks good, but if you don't water them down, you'll lose detail. If you drybrush each layer with progressively less paint (Graveyard Earth normal, Wetbrush Desert Yellow, Standard Drybrush Commando Khaki, VERY Drybrush Bleached Bone), then they'll show through really well and add DEPTH to the model.  

Ophiuchus

lightandshadow13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:57 pm
thank i trying to make wraithbone  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:40 am
Trust me, it'll look like bone.  

Ophiuchus

Dirk Daring Bramblethrush

Savage Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:16 pm
I play Beasts of Kaos! Eh-hem, excuse me, chaos. I've done small conversions to alot of my troops, but a larger one I did was was make an interesting beastlord that in the end, need a bigger base. I started by using a gor from the beast herd plastic set, starting normally enough. I started by clipping a beastmen machete and attaching it to the lower paqrt of another word arm, facing it in the opposite direction, which worked out nicely, I then clipped a spiked cudgel and attached it to the left hand, being that it was a right handed weapon, and I proceeded by taking the ball and chains off of three flails and attatching them to the top of the spiked cudgel to make my beastlord's Icon of Utter Chaos. I glued the arms in place and gave him gauntles and pauldrons using extended carapaces from the tyranid genestealer biomorph sprue. It was an easy conversion, but it looks nice enough. BTW, the icon of utter chaos counts as a standard, and any non beast model within 6" of the wielder must pass a leadership test or be turned transformed into one of the beastmen himself, this unit does not award victory points and counts as a gor for all intents and purposes. His sword is the Blade of Blinding Pain, and ignores all armor saves, and the user may recieve an extra attack for every 6 rolled.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:58 pm
A WIP Eldar Avatar conversion, swinging a Guardsmen around by the legs.

http://tinypic.com/kef1ic.jpg

(Yes, I know its sideways. Sorry.)  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Reddemon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:07 pm
DarkElf27

Ive gota admit if it wasn't in the middle of a war Im sure the gaurdsmen must be saying "Weeeeeeeeeee!"

I think Ive said this before. If youve got extra parts & are feeling cheep go use pistols or flamers attatched to arms. Great way to create Servo arms  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:04 pm
DarkElf27

sweet. one of my dreadnoughts has an evicserated guradsman on the base and is crushing one above his head. Avatars would make great deamon princes after conversions *gets devious idea*  

Vahn Blackfeather

Fates Dark Hand

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:13 pm
this may not seem that amazing but because i have a lizardmen and eldar army i have always wanted to mix them and i cant figure out how iam going to settel on some kroot mercenarys but thats a different story enyway one day my mom sat on my teradon breaking it at many points looking at the wreckage i picke out the wings while i was doing so i happend to look at my wraithlord and an idea acured as quickly as possible i checked and sure enough th wings slid right into the groves on the back of the wraith lord amazed at my findings i soon hastily painted the wings to mach the color scheme of the wraithlord and glued it on i now have a buitiful dark talon as i call it although the wings would be useless in real life they look quiet astonding and i love it again thw ings do not do enything but it makes it look cool lol  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:51 am
I just got some Lizardmen cold one riders & Im using them as Kroot Cav for my Iron Warriors  

Reddemon

Reddemon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:14 pm
Ive got a interesting idea for a tau flyer. Can anyone say Tau spitfire? twisted  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:44 pm
This is the fist thing I ever "edited" with green stuff. He is my Archon.

User Image  

yamabusha

The_Chaplain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:32 pm
I just finished a conversion for a commander in my space marine army. I took the Shrike model, cut the head of and replaced it with a plastic one. Then I cut one of the shoulder pads off, replacing it with a Templar one. After that I cut the knee decoration off and smoothed it out. I took the St. Celestine backpack and cut that down putting it on the commander's back (for an iron halo). I put a few purity seals on there for detail and flair (obviously.) I primed that and went to work on the backpack coversion whileit dried. I took the shrike back pack and cut the bird dkull off, replacing it with a skeleton head that I had scratched a roman numeral into. I drilled two holes into the sides and, using pin vices, attached pegasus wings to them. To make them "fit in" I took cables from thunder hammers and attached them to the wings, giving them a bionic feel. I attached the backpack, put the model on a 25 mm base, then a terminator one, greenstuffed the crap out of it, adding skulls, helemets, etc. and primed the back and began painting. This is only my second major conversion, and I have to say I am very pleased with it. In fact, it almost made me cry with joy crying . I'll put pictures up when I am done painting it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:16 pm
someone mentioned earlier rules for creating custom vehicles? If that person could send them to me that would be appreciated, as i was thinking of making a custom vehicle to (potentially) replace my land raider crusader.  

The_Chaplain

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:32 pm
The_Chaplain
someone mentioned earlier rules for creating custom vehicles? If that person could send them to me that would be appreciated, as i was thinking of making a custom vehicle to (potentially) replace my land raider crusader.
Sending of rules is illegal. They're printed in the Chapter Approved book produced by Games Workshop. Go find it.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games