Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tchick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:40 am

Hello there.
It's great to be here, I've been looking for this type of guild for some time and I can't wait to get to know you all. ^^;

I'm Taylor and I'm from England. I'm 16 years old and am in my first year of college. ( I'm not entirely sure how it works in the states but here you do 2 years of college before University. At the end of those two years you attain your 'A levels'. The better the grades you have in these determine what Uni you can go to... )

I'm studying English Literature, French, Biology and Philosophy/Ethics. I took art at GCSE (exams you take at the end of year 11) along with others and attained a B, which I was really proud of because I did little of the exam work throughout the year in all honesty...

I've been drawing on and off since I was about 10/11 and got into anime when I was about 12 I should say. But I do enjoy other styles, I've tried my hand at realism, but I prefer the more cartoony styles because they can sometimes be less finicky... (/sloth)

I don't want to ramble on too much here, so I'm sure you can get to know me more as I make myself known more in the guild. If you want to chat at all feel free to drop me a PM, I won't bitecha. ^^;
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:19 am

Errol McGillivray
Welcome aboard Yuri. Great to have you.
Why thank you. Great to be here. : )

'Ello Tchick!

Yuri Mono

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:58 am

Welcome aboard, Tchick. Great suggestion by the way.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:20 pm

Hello
The names Jake and I do Anime and realism in portraits. I am currently looking for business in both styles. I love art and yea I am glad I found this guild

Poetic_Skater

6,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:04 pm

Glad to have you.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:56 pm

Hai guys.

I'm Oba Bear, I likes to draw pretty things. Right now I'm in my second year of college, and I'm starting Creative Graphics next semester. What I want to do the most with my art is to be a tattoo artist. I like realism, and I try my hardest to have a realistic style.

Art: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v75/Hawk_Eyes_324/auctionklok/

oba bear

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:10 pm

Great having you oba bear.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:33 pm

hi all
call me kyuu 3nodding
I looove all art and i especially love using mixed medias to draw basically anything xP
Im currently in year 11 and approaching exams so forgive me if i'm not on as much as i want to be.
My friend has been teaching me to draw anime and he's an awesome teacher biggrin but i'd like to have some more critiscism or teachings ^.^
anything is muuuch appreciated and i look forward to meeting you all some more

okakyuu

Symptoms Of Romeo

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:33 pm

Heh... so I've been super busy with skool lately. Hopefully I can be on more once I finish all the final year projects I have.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:34 pm

hi, I'm theairalchemist! I like to draw, even thought I'm horrible at it. I'm in freshman high school. I've been drawing since forever, but I just started to really try and draw anime/manga style since about I was 12-13. I like to sew also, and I started that when I was 12. I dont have time to do any of those though because of school!

I love to try to medias out, and the next thing I'm aiming to try at is sculpting [just cute little charms, nothing detailed XDD]

I like a TON of things, so I cant really put them all here.
I hate sasuke from naruto, people who push their religion on you, people who push their fandom on you, when my friends dont pronounce 'manga' right, and I'm anti-NarutoxSakura X333
thankums! mrgreen

theairalchemist

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:19 am

Glad to have you! It's great to see people come in with enthusiasm for art and life.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:15 pm

Hello!
Sakana Sakana, here!
I'm 15 and in the 10th grade.
I have loved art my entire life, and have been drawing since day one.
I never really 'tried' at art until I reached the 7th grade, but I have been steadily improving since then!
I plan to go off to college and major in art (I'm really hoping to make it to RISD for grad).

As for my art, itself, I mostly enjoy drawing in my own style. It developed from a solid anime style, but I feel I see some of my old style in it as well.
Mmmm, I can draw both humans and most animals (I have an extremely hard time with Perissodactyla anatomy)... And I really, really, love colouring.

Yup, I suppose that's all that's important here!

A yodel to you all, and I'm happy to join the crew!

Sakana Sakana

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:43 pm

Welcome!! We're very glad to have you.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:45 pm

Hey all, I go by Water or Pann over the net. :3 I'm mostly a self taught artist with 3-4 years of experience. I want to be a doctor when I grow up, but I also love the arts and I'm not willing to give that up. I'm still trying to figure out how that'll work out in college. =/

My art...I feel is too much like the generic Anime/Manga/Japanese cartoon style, so I've been trying to lean away from that and a little into realism. I'm still trying to develop my own style, how successful I am...well...that's up to debate. >>

I generally dislike American cartoons, although the ones with a good plot and realistic art makes me smile. smile

I want to draw my own comic someday, those crazy people in my head need an outlet, after all, and I'm not much of a writer. biggrin

It's great to be here! Thanks for accepting me into this awesome guild. :3

Pann-yu

Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games