Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Falhalterra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:20 am

Heya. I'm Kristen. 17 years old and a Midwesterner of a sort from Missouri. And no, I don't have a hick-like accent; actually I've been told I sound older than I look and much more in the standard accent region. ^__^

My dad, grandma, granddad, and a few others in my family as also myself, enjoy a pagan-like lifestyle, yet I am interested in learning more about it.
I'm still a beginner Wiccan...but I've been on and off with it. I used to be in Blessed Be on here, but decided to leave because of my indecisiveness. >.<

I'm a metalhead that also listens to Industrial and Gothic music, as well as Indie and electronica/techno. Right now I like listening to Harvey Danger, but my favorite is usually Hed PE and a few others.

I'm also in an online relationship of at least 2 years now, and still going strong and hopefully will stay that way. My bf and I have had many coincidences through our relationship, and even on the night I decided to first talk to him (on WoW...because we were geeks and still are razz ), I knew and thought "This is the one for me and has to be my soulmate, so I shouldn't just judge so dismissively."
Therefore, I haven't judged him, and we're still together. smile And yeah, I said that in a time when we were both going through a lot; even I wasn't almost ready for another relationship, but something in my gut told me not to pass an opportunity like that up.
He lives in Maryland, is about to turn 19 on March 20 (He's my Pisces to my Cancer biggrin ), and his name is Jarrett....although my dad calls him Jared sometimes. gonk

I'll add more later...because I need to head to school. >.< Shiz. lol
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:38 am

Hey my name is Max.

I have already been a part of the guild for some years now but I posted about 5 times and then forgot about it so I'm re-introducing myself.

I feel I need to de-fluff and try and learn more about what exactly my path is and what it means to me. I don't know what I would call myself at this point, I have a horde of beliefs and ideas I practice and some of them are borrowed from other paths and some of them are personal practices of my own design that call to me.

It came about after becoming interested in Wicca, my friends talked about it a lot and I looked up all I could about it only to find what they were terribly misinformed about what Wicca really was, I also realized I wasn't a Wiccan then but I was interested non the less, so I searched and ended finding out about eclectic paganism and read about that which is what I ended up practicing, my own form of witchcraft mixed with various paths (something along the lines of what some people would think of as shamanism but I feel that isn't the correct term) for years. Now I am a little mixed up and my path has become stale to me and I want to start fresh. I also developed a problem of reading to much and not putting enough of it into practice, so I tend to know a bit but not I feel able to apply it very well. I also never found a person or place I found very comfortable with asking questions I that I felt needed answered.

I think this guild would be good for me in short, so hello.

Scathefyre

Everyday Lunatic

Midnight.Luna.Star

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:18 pm

Heya everyone. I'm new to the guild and just wanted to learn more about everything. I have a lot of weird beliefs, many of which conflict with the christian faith so I'm not christian, but I'm not agnostic or atheist either... anyhoo, I'm just curious about everything and am here to learn. ^_^
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:18 pm

Welcome to the Guild sis!!!! blaugh

RubyLight

The Frightening_ScaryOne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:56 pm

'Lo. I'm new to the guild. ^^ I'm studying Wicca right now for a year and a day to see if I want to live the life of a witch. Currently, I am six months through. O: So yeah, I want to learn a lot more, because I'm intensely interested in the path.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:06 pm

The Frightening_ScaryOne
'Lo. I'm new to the guild. ^^ I'm studying Wicca right now for a year and a day to see if I want to live the life of a witch.
Not all Witches are of the Wica.

Which tradition are you working with?

TeaDidikai

The Frightening_ScaryOne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:26 pm

TeaDidikai
The Frightening_ScaryOne
'Lo. I'm new to the guild. ^^ I'm studying Wicca right now for a year and a day to see if I want to live the life of a witch.

I am working with an eclectic tradition. O: And sorry, meant to say, live the Wiccan lifestyle. ^^
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:58 pm

The Frightening_ScaryOne
TeaDidikai
The Frightening_ScaryOne

I am working with an eclectic tradition. O: And sorry, meant to say, live the Wiccan lifestyle. ^^
Wica isn't a lifestyle. It's a cult. And it's only accessible to initiated members.

TeaDidikai

PrometheanSet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:49 pm

Hello, I'm Paul!

I'm 23, a math and anthropology major (the first for a living I can enjoy, and the latter for an academic view on some of what we do).

A prof in the department is kinda an expert in the Field on the Mayans; I've dug a little into Buddhism, Taoism, LaVeyan Satanism, Thelema, and Golden Dawn Mysticism; I've touched some Hinduism, wandered through Astaru and Christian Gnosticism for some sight-seeing, found a girlfriend who's a Kemetic Reconstructionist, played with Discordianism, expressed interest in Sufism and Voodoo,...

And I ended up calling myself a Chaos Magician, which basically means "magic-practicing agnostic", who takes on beliefs as tools. On any given day my belief system changes, but mainly pulls from Taoism, Satanism, Thelema, and whatever path has the deities I connect with at the time.

While I wouldn't say I'm qualified to teach anyone any path specifically, but I can point out total carp, and point out a few places you might wanna look into to get better info.

And what I find hilarious is that folks swear I'm either an Atheist or a Wiccan. I'm either that quiet guy in the back of the room, or I'm kinda "playing the role" of the ringleader.

And Wicca...
From what I can tell, Crowley and Gardiner wanted to start a more populist version of Thelema (or a practical joke with certain ritual similarities that would make the magic work) and decided they would attribute it to some ancient tradition / author (as was common in the day for grimoires - attribute it to a famous magician or biblical figure!) and go from there.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:41 am

(I probably should have posted in here first, oops.)

Hi, my name is Kiah (rhymes with Gaia, coincidentally mrgreen ) I'm 19 (20 in October) Australian and currently living in Japan.
I was first introduced to paganism by a former friend when I was in high school. However, she only read RavenWolf's books, and as a result refused to believe anything else. I went on my own for a bit, reading about various things here on Gaia and trying to learn a bit more about my beliefs. I had to stop for a while though, when I was asked by my dad to stop while I was living at home.

Well, now that I am no longer living at home (I'm now not even in the same country) I decided that I wanted to keep learning. Problem is, I've forgotten pretty much everything I learnt the first time around, so I'm just starting from the beginning again.

Ever since I was a little girl, I've been interested in Egypt, it's history and it's myths, and when I was first learning out, I was drawn to Wepwawet and Sheshat, so I am wanting to learn a bit more about the Kemetic path, but I also would like to learn about anything and everything else I can.

I'm doing my best to stay as non-fluffy as humanely possible, but if I start to resemble a bunny, please let me know. 3nodding

Diamond Leaf Clover

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:29 am

Wassail!

I am Angus MacLeod (a pseudonym) and I finally found an introductions-like thread. So yay me!

I live in Northwest America where I go to high school (final year). I play the violin in the local symphony here and I take private lessons and all sorts of fun stuff. I love to write poetry and read Lovecraft. I also enjoy walks in forests and observing people and nature.

Let's see...I practice witchcraft. Or should I say study it extensively. I don't get around to much practicing other than trance work and such. I follow my own path as much as I can (doesn't mean it is right of course) but I borrow from all sorts of sources. What I study is what is known as "Traditional Witchcraft" but I think it is only called that to create a difference between it and Wica. But since I do not know what Wiccan witchcraft entails I just call it witchcraft or hedge witchcraft.

I came here to learn and to help as best I can. Mostly I wish to learn more on general occult and what other people think of magic and such. I know there are people on here that see me as rude and full of useless knowledge (or misnamed knowledge) and I apologize for my past. I wish to redeem myself by joining the Rehab Center because I think we all need it in a way.

May all your paths lead to Wisdom and Truth,
Angus
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:52 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Vanessa and Im sixteen and from the sunny state of California! Ive been extensively researching Pagan Spirituality such as (but not limited to) Shamanism, Druidism and especially Wicca for the past four months. I hope to find my spiritual path through a pagan lifestyle. Though I plan to research much more before I chose a path, Wicca seems to call to me. Most notably the Alexanderian Tradition! 3nodding I hope I learn alot from such an excellent guild! heart

xMissUsedx

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:06 pm

xMissUsedx
Hello everyone!

My name is Vanessa and Im sixteen and from the sunny state of California! Ive been extensively researching Pagan Spirituality such as (but not limited to) Shamanism, Druidism and especially Wicca for the past four months. I hope to find my spiritual path through a pagan lifestyle. Though I plan to research much more before I chose a path, Wicca seems to call to me. Most notably the Alexanderian Tradition! 3nodding I hope I learn alot from such an excellent guild! heart
Well, how are you studying "Druidism"? Do you know an actual Shaman or are you studying general otherwold spiritwork?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:55 pm

Gho the Girl
xMissUsedx
Hello everyone!

Well, how are you studying "Druidism"? Do you know an actual Shaman or are you studying general otherwold spiritwork?

What I mean by 'studying' is looking into these particular branches... like reading about there history or about what they do. I dont claim to know any shaman or to be getting my knowledge from one... the things I learn usually comes out of my local library. xd I do hope one day to meet a Druid or Shaman however. biggrin

xMissUsedx

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:16 am

xMissUsedx
Gho the Girl
xMissUsedx
Hello everyone!

What I mean by 'studying' is looking into these particular branches... like reading about there history or about what they do. I dont claim to know any shaman or to be getting my knowledge from one... the things I learn usually comes out of my local library. xd I do hope one day to meet a Druid or Shaman however. biggrin

Well, I don't know about Shamans, but the Druids are kinda....dead. So, if you wanna meet one, I'd suggest a crash-course in necromancy 3nodding
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games