Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:33 pm
Shadow - Dragon
Can I use Odd Incense while on Island Five?

Yes you may : )  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:22 pm
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon

So I've used one before and got Bug, Dark this time. If I use the next one and get one of those two am I just s**t out of luck even though it takes an effort to get this item?  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:30 pm
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon

So I've used one before and got Bug, Dark this time. If I use the next one and get one of those two am I just s**t out of luck even though it takes an effort to get this item?

I'm sorry, but yes :c Odd Incense allow for pokemon from any region to appear as often as once per post, but the catch is that the type is just dependent on the roll. So it really is up to chance. I'm sorry D:  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:50 am
Loonamist
Quoting you since contests are mostly your thing. If I have Cameron go after both Badges and Contest Ribbons (since he needs to get badges to get the HMs), would he be locked in to one or the other to determine the level cap for obedience, or would it go based off of which set he's collected gives him the higher level cap? Mostly asking because I remember from the other guild that if you had even a single badge, your ribbons meant nothing as far as whether a Pokemon'd obey you or not even if you had enough ribbons for a higher obedience cap. So I was wanting to make sure if that was still the case or not. ^ _ ^ ;  

Lia Syuki
Crew

Ice-Cold Rogue

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:17 am
Lia Syuki
Loonamist
Quoting you since contests are mostly your thing. If I have Cameron go after both Badges and Contest Ribbons (since he needs to get badges to get the HMs), would he be locked in to one or the other to determine the level cap for obedience, or would it go based off of which set he's collected gives him the higher level cap? Mostly asking because I remember from the other guild that if you had even a single badge, your ribbons meant nothing as far as whether a Pokemon'd obey you or not even if you had enough ribbons for a higher obedience cap. So I was wanting to make sure if that was still the case or not. ^ _ ^ ;

Oh no, don't worry, you can do both and have whichever gives you the higher obedience cap work x3 You won't get locked into one.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:32 pm
Loonamist

Indeciisiive Wolkova

Wanting to clear up the Judgement thing before posting any more battle.

Anyways, "Judgment's power is always boosted by the Plate (except for Normal-type Judgment)" (direct bulbapedia quote). So I think checks out?  

StarlightSchism

Dapper Dabbler

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:51 pm
StarlightSchism
Loonamist

Indeciisiive Wolkova

Anyways, "Judgment's power is always boosted by the Plate (except for Normal-type Judgment)" (direct bulbapedia quote). So I think checks out?

True, and we'd been discussing having that be the case for Arceus, but the move begins to get very op'd, and quite a few of pokemon have it, when the move is boosted regardless. It allows a single pokemon with that move to learn a move that can be changed depending on the opponent, and then boost that move by a significant amount.

For instance, a level 60 Blastoise has judgement-- against a grass type, it can be given a fire plate and suddenly do 384, but if the trainer is challenging a water pokemon or gym, they can just switch the plate and do the same large amount of damage to those pokemon, and so on. Even though judgement is usually multiplied by the plates effect, it's also usually only learned by Arceus, so we felt it was a fair adjustment to make Arceus the only one who gains both the type change and the multiplication aspect considering the flexibility the move already gives.

Edit: After discussing it, we're actually considering making a poll regarding legendary moves and their place in the guild, given that they can be obtained, now even more easily, with Balm Mushrooms, due to all the options. So for now, you and Wolkova can decide on it, and feel free to continue going about it the way you were : ) We don't want to spring a decision like this without forewarning and feedback, and realized that's exactly what we were doing by intervening here. We'll try and have a poll up in the next few days to get feedback an opinions on this matter.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:01 pm
Loonamist
StarlightSchism
Loonamist

Indeciisiive Wolkova

True, and we'd been discussing having that be the case for Arceus, but the move begins to get very op'd, and quite a few of pokemon have it, when the move is boosted regardless. It allows a single pokemon with that move to learn a move that can be changed depending on the opponent, and then boost that move by a significant amount.

For instance, a level 60 Blastoise has judgement-- against a grass type, it can be given a fire plate and suddenly do 384, but if the trainer is challenging a water pokemon or gym, they can just switch the plate and do the same large amount of damage to those pokemon, and so on. Even though judgement is usually multiplied by the plates effect, it's also usually only learned by Arceus, so we felt it was a fair adjustment to make Arceus the only one who gains both the type change and the multiplication aspect considering the flexibility the move already gives.

Edit: After discussing it, we're actually considering making a poll regarding legendary moves and their place in the guild, given that they can be obtained, now even more easily, with Balm Mushrooms, due to all the options. So for now, you and Wolkova can decide on it, and feel free to continue going about it the way you were : ) We don't want to spring a decision like this without forewarning and feedback, and realized that's exactly what we were doing by intervening here. We'll try and have a poll up in the next few days to get feedback an opinions on this matter.

Sounds good, I appreciate it.  

StarlightSchism

Dapper Dabbler

IndecisiveWolk
Vice Captain

Charitable Wolf

13,575 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:37 am
StarlightSchism
Loonamist
StarlightSchism
Loonamist

Indeciisiive Wolkova

Sounds good, I appreciate it.

I"m fine with sticking with what we have for now, since it'd be to much to go back and edit... Mave was going to "faint" first regardless.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:26 pm
So Simon's background makes him the youngest son of the family that runs the Battle Mansion in Kalos. Can I create a profile for his sisters? In PHL I was turned down because people may some day battle the sisters but that seems very unlikely since, one Kiloude isn't even open and two you would have to do 25 battles before reaching even one of them. Can I have NPC profiles of them?  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:12 pm
Shadow - Dragon
So Simon's background makes him the youngest son of the family that runs the Battle Mansion in Kalos. Can I create a profile for his sisters? In PHL I was turned down because people may some day battle the sisters but that seems very unlikely since, one Kiloude isn't even open and two you would have to do 25 battles before reaching even one of them. Can I have NPC profiles of them?

I'm sorry, but no D: They are canon characters, which means no one can make profiles for them, even NPC; although they're a part of your character's story, they're also a part of the pokemon world, which means they need to be kept undefined and open for other people in case they want to use them for their own stories, plots, interactions, etc. We also do hope to develop Kiloude eventually, and that could very possibly involve the Battle Mansion, so there's that, as well, which may increase their use by other people. Sorry :c  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:16 pm
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon

I'm sorry, but no D: They are canon characters, which means no one can make profiles for them, even NPC; although they're a part of your character's story, they're also a part of the pokemon world, which means they need to be kept undefined and open for other people in case they want to use them for their own stories, plots, interactions, etc. We also do hope to develop Kiloude eventually, and that could very possibly involve the Battle Mansion, so there's that, as well, which may increase their use by other people. Sorry :c

Aren't there more important places to develop though? I'd like to be able to post in home home but I have the secret base so that will work for now. In the game the battle mansion is usually opened post game, is anyone close to battling the Elite Four in Kalos? I'm just saying that it's a no because there's a chance that some time in the future someone might want to battle them. If they are going to be cannon will they have all the legendary Pokemon they have in the games?  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:17 pm
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon

Aren't there more important places to develop though? I'd like to be able to post in home home but I have the secret base so that will work for now. In the game the battle mansion is usually opened post game, is anyone close to battling the Elite Four in Kalos? I'm just saying that it's a no because there's a chance that some time in the future someone might want to battle them. If they are going to be cannon will they have all the legendary Pokemon they have in the games?

Well, obviously we don't follow the games as far as availability goes o.o Places as far as Victory Road are available to anyone any time, and we've had plans to develop Kiloude since we first made the guild.

But... I'm sorry, but we can't let people create profiles for characters of the game. Because they belong to everyone. Especially since we do plan to develop it-- just because there are other things that need to be done, doesn't mean it won't happen, or that it won't even happen within a few months.
As for their teams, we've started discussed possibilities for Kiloude, but we haven't gone into that much detail. However, if we decide to use the Battle Tower in a way similar to the game, it's possible that they will be available with both their non-legendary and legendary teams, we just can't say for sure.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:39 pm
Question....Is the reason Aston hasn't been replied to because it's not the 20th? Or, are people just busy? If because of timing, then what was the point of Vigilia giving the okay to make and post him as a character? If busy, feel free to ignore this question. Or, shout at me for being impatient, I guess.  

Albino - Cedric

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:11 pm
Albino - Cedric
Question....Is the reason Aston hasn't been replied to because it's not the 20th? Or, are people just busy? If because of timing, then what was the point of Vigilia giving the okay to make and post him as a character? If busy, feel free to ignore this question. Or, shout at me for being impatient, I guess.

At the latest, someone will be getting to it this evening : ) I'm studying for a midterm on Tuesday, and a Final next week, and I know Spectral's having a hard time with her internet, but one of us will try and get a response to you soon ^^ Sorry about the delay D: I think we all got caught up in a few things, but we'll try and have a response to you soon  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games